Tim Tebow Topic

God I hope he wins the next 4 superbowls now.

But it is a great spot for him. He can go in and sit behind a great QB with no controversy for him to play the next few seasons and see where it leaves him.

6/10/2013 6:31 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/10/2013 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Instead of changing a QB to something else, why don't you sign a player who knows how to play that position?
2 reasons:

1) Tebow is a high character guy and a public relations dream under the right circumstances

2) Tebow is, by many accounts, one of the hardest working and top physical specimens in the NFL. If you can teach him to play TE, FB or on the outside chance even LB, then he'll probably be better than most of those lower guys on the depth chart simply due to his work ethic.
6/10/2013 6:42 PM
Well I'll disagree with 2 entirely. There are PLENTY of people who work very hard and are in great shape, but can't play various positions in the NFL. At some point, talent comes in to play.

1 may or may not be true. I'm not sure if hoards of media breathing down his neck and analyzing his every move is a "PR dream." If he plays well and the team wins, then yes. If he plays poorly, doesn't play at all, or the team loses? Not so much.
6/10/2013 7:57 PM
Tebow has talent. Just not at QB. Am I guaranteeing he'll succeed elsewhere? No. But if he can catch a ball, his upside at TE is huge. And we already know he can throw a block, so FB is a possibility too.

And Tebow's intelligence (or lack thereof) won't come into play as much at TE as at QB. Gronk has to be one of the dumbest players in the NFL, if not the dumbest, so intelligence clearly isn't huge for playing TE.
6/10/2013 8:30 PM
Can someone find the post where I said "NE or NO because those guys would know how to use him"?

Belichick will say, or has already said, "Son, unless Brady and Mallett die in a plane crash, you won't play QB here in the near future.  Now, if you want to play football, you can be third on our depth chart, you can sit in on the QB meetings and you might get a couple of reps at QB.   The rest of your throwing will be on your own.    And, if you want to play football, you'll learn another position with us.   Nobody was knocking down your door to play QB, right?"
6/10/2013 9:12 PM
Of course, I think BB would love to say "Yeah, those ******* 'tards in NY can't coach for ****."
6/10/2013 9:13 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that played into it. If they successfully use Tebow in some WC packages, and transform him into a FB/TE/etc., then Bill makes Rex looks like the fat bungling moron he is.
6/10/2013 10:24 PM

One of the Boston media members said this was the best thing and the worst thing for his business.    He said it's because they know they'll be talking about but, if you dig deeper, they'll be talking about a player who isn't likely to have any impact at all.    And, of course, they're required to ask BB about him and everyone knows how BB will respond.   "we brought him in here to play football and he's one of our football players."

6/11/2013 7:59 AM

WILL THE CHRIST-LIKE TEBOW GO ALONG WITH CHEATING?

6/11/2013 8:19 AM
6/11/2013 9:19 AM
Maybe Tebow will lecture Brady on fornicating and turn his life around.
6/11/2013 9:24 AM
Fantastic picture!  Hahaha!!
6/11/2013 9:28 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 6/11/2013 8:19:00 AM (view original):

WILL THE CHRIST-LIKE TEBOW GO ALONG WITH CHEATING?

Whhaaaa!!!
6/11/2013 9:28 AM
Why does Tebow still have a Broncos crest on his shirt? That wasn't even his most recent team.

GET IT TOGETHER, BURNSY!!
6/11/2013 9:43 AM
Live Favre, he probably wants to forget his time with the Jets. 
6/11/2013 9:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Tim Tebow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.