Tim Tebow Topic

Tebow sent a picture of his shrivelled ***** to a cheerleader too?

6/11/2013 9:52 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/11/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/10/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):
I hate the Pats, but as a Tebow fan, I love this move for several reasons:

1) McD drafted him and knows him well

2) McD and Belichick will not be afraid to use Tebow in unconventional ways in all 3 facets of the game

3) Belichick will not let the media or the whole Tebow hype transform his locker room into a sideshow

4) Belichick and McD can probably convince Tebow his best shot to be a successful NFL player is at a position other than QB.

I'm not shocked this comes after news of Gronk's surgery. Tebow will likely see time at TE this season for the Pats if he's good enough.
Do you have a tattoo of this dude on you? You're so irrational over Tebow.

BB knows Gronk has injury issues so he says, "Oh **** we need someone, let's take a QB and make him a TE".

It's more likely BB didn't like what he saw from Mike Kafka and decided to try someone else. I don't believe the Pats normally kept 3 QB's anyway, but they need someone for training camp and preseason games. It's going to be tough for Tebow to make the 53 man roster.
It's been a couple years since they kept 3 QB's i believe.

I wouldn't be shocked if Tebow doesn't make the 53 man roster.  I also won't be shocked if he does.
6/11/2013 6:18 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/11/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/10/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):
I hate the Pats, but as a Tebow fan, I love this move for several reasons:

1) McD drafted him and knows him well

2) McD and Belichick will not be afraid to use Tebow in unconventional ways in all 3 facets of the game

3) Belichick will not let the media or the whole Tebow hype transform his locker room into a sideshow

4) Belichick and McD can probably convince Tebow his best shot to be a successful NFL player is at a position other than QB.

I'm not shocked this comes after news of Gronk's surgery. Tebow will likely see time at TE this season for the Pats if he's good enough.
Do you have a tattoo of this dude on you? You're so irrational over Tebow.

BB knows Gronk has injury issues so he says, "Oh **** we need someone, let's take a QB and make him a TE".

It's more likely BB didn't like what he saw from Mike Kafka and decided to try someone else. I don't believe the Pats normally kept 3 QB's anyway, but they need someone for training camp and preseason games. It's going to be tough for Tebow to make the 53 man roster.
You're totally missing my point. Where did I say Tebow was brought in to replace Gronk? My point was, with Gronk injured, Bill knows he needs a TE, so why not add Tebow to the mix and see what he's got?

And as has been stated on several media sites, if you want a QB for training camp and preseason, you get someone who can throw, and can simulate other QBs to some extent in practice. You think Tebow is going to give the defense a sense of what it's like having Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc. running plays?

I have no idea what they're going to do with Tebow. But I can guarantee they didn't bring him in to be a 3rd QB as there are much better options out there to fill that role.
6/12/2013 10:14 AM
If you listen to some of the ex-players, they're sure BB has a plan for Tebow.   Maybe he runs the scout team in practice in prep to play the teams with mobile QBs.  Maybe he runs some hybrid-type FB/TE routes.   Vrabel scored a dozen touchdowns for them.    Troy Brown played cornerback at times.   BB is a dick but he isn't bringing Tebow in because he thinks he's a good kid.   He thinks he can utilize Tebow in some fashion to win games.  
6/12/2013 10:39 AM
Maybe you just make a few million in Tebow jersey sales and cut him in camp without having to pay him a dollar...
6/12/2013 10:44 AM
I might be confusing it with baseball but I think all merchandise sales, outside of stadium sales, are split equally between the 32 teams.    And, since no one goes to pre-season games, the Pats would stand to makes about $17 from that.    Tebow will eat more than that at the training table on Day 1.
6/12/2013 10:47 AM
Then the one logical reason is that they did it just to mess with the Jest.
6/12/2013 11:23 AM
Personally, I think it was Josh McD chirping in BB's ear "I can use that guy.  Trust me, I can make a him a football player."

As Tebow said before the draft "I don't need 32 teams to believe in me, I just need one."     I'm not sure he even had one team believe in him as much as it was one coach.   And now he's the OC for the Pats.
6/12/2013 11:29 AM
As I said before, this is one of two places I think Tebow "works".    The other in NO.   Established QB and innovative coach.   Brady can throw 9 interceptions on his first 9 throws and only one guy would chant "Tebow!!!  Tebow!!!!"    And the people around him would likely kick his ***.
6/12/2013 11:34 AM
He'll be listed as a QB.   Wouldn't surprise me if he was inactive, assuming he makes the team, more often than not since a QB can be inactive but come in if the first 2 are injured. 
6/12/2013 1:25 PM
He'll get his snaps at QB, where the Pats will use him to confuse the **** out of defenses. Is he going to throw? Run? Is this the wildcat, or will he drop back? Is he going to move to the QB spot and take the snap if he lines up as an RB, TE, or something else?

Tebow is so versatile that if used properly he could make it very difficult to game plan against an offense when he lines up.

6/12/2013 1:54 PM
He may just end up being a scout team QB when they prepare for teams that run the read-option, which is becoming more and more prevalent in the NFL (as Mike mentioned earlier).  If he sticks around, that's my guess on how they use him.  I'd be shocked if he were on the active roster come Week 1.  If they needed a FB or TE, they would have signed a FB or TE.
6/12/2013 2:00 PM
There's a versatility factor that he could have that a FB or TE won't.     I imagine most teams would consider it a "win" if he takes a snap and Brady doesn't but, if BB can put the thought of a lateral then pass, and Tebow can prove he can catch then hit a wide open receiver, that's another tool in the tool box.

A lot of what they can do with him will depend on what he can do.

I don't think he can read defenses.   If he's limited to throwing downfield or running(assuming teams buy into the fact that he can hit the wide open WR), there's no reading involved.
6/12/2013 2:16 PM
Also, if he is just the scout team QB for the season(or even two), that's a win for him.     It certainly appeared that he'd be doing a lot of non-football activities this off-season up until a couple of day ago.   If nothing else, he's with a quality organization behind a quality QB so he might develop a little more QB skills.  Then he might have a shot as a NFL QB again. 
6/12/2013 2:19 PM
I still stick to my original theory of Bill wanting to prove he can prove he can succeed where Rex didn't - prove what a moron he is.

"Hey, Rex...you don't have to kiss my rings, but you can kiss my ***."
6/13/2013 1:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Tim Tebow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.