Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/25/2012 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Reckless spending always hurts the economy, it just didnt cause the crash.

There is no specific policy of Bush that the left can point to and say "This caused the crash"

Not creating regulations to cover a new form of investment that no one saw as a problem isnt exactly a cause.
So Bush's high spending hurt the economy but didn't cause the crash?

How does high spending hurt the economy? If taxes aren't raised, wouldn't high spending help the economy (at least in the short term)?
10/25/2012 6:49 PM
How would Bush's spending cause the housing market to crash?
10/25/2012 6:53 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/25/2012 6:53:00 PM (view original):
How would Bush's spending cause the housing market to crash?
It didn't. I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to wrap my brain around swamps logic (or lack there of).
10/25/2012 7:13 PM
I actually thought that swamp's last post was his most coherent post in weeks.

While it makes for great rhetoric to blame Bush for the housing market crash, which dragged everything else down behind it, the truth is that his policies had nothing to do with it.  The market crash was caused by deregulation laws that were passed during Clinton's administration.  And by a bunch of stupid and irresponsible borrowers who were taking out mortgages that they just could not afford.

There's a lot of blame to go around.  Dumping it all in Bush's lap is just wrong and misleading.
10/25/2012 7:26 PM
I look at it a little different. I think congress and the president share a lot of the blame for what happened. I think Wall Street lobbying efforts were successful in preventing regulation of an extremely (for a while) profitable way of doing business. 

On the other hand, I don't think people (at least I'm not) are blaming Bush when they say that the economy Obama inherited was a complete dumpster fire. That's just a fact.
10/25/2012 7:33 PM
Pretending that Obama has done a lot to make it better is silly.  That's also just a fact.
10/25/2012 7:59 PM

If you had a GM take over a football team, promising to turn them around and make more money for the owners and he promptly starts wasting money on free agents that never work out, even if he manages to defeat ONE traditional opponent, if the team is losing money and not getting better, YOU'D FIRE HIS *** AFTER FOUR YEARS, WOULDN'T YOU?

10/26/2012 3:24 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Seeing that Obama was probably the least qualified person ever to be elected President, can we agree that he's performing in accordance with his qualifications?

10/26/2012 7:50 AM
Yet his approval ratings are abysmal.   Go figure.
10/26/2012 8:09 AM
Around 50% is abysmal?
10/26/2012 8:34 AM
Same as Dubya at this time in 2004 and at it's highest point since late '09.   I guess, if you think that's good(and you're taking a single snapshot from a 4 year film), you're right. 
10/26/2012 8:48 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 10/26/2012 5:00:00 AM (view original):

NO

YOU KEEP OBAMA LOMBARDI!

Says the Jets fan....
10/26/2012 11:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...171|172|173|174|175...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.