Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Which allies?
1/25/2013 10:27 AM
Good point.  Under this Administration, I'm not sure we have any over there now.

But, at one time, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Israel were our allies.    Turkey and Pakistan were kind of allies.
1/25/2013 10:41 AM
Before the war., Israel warned the Us that if they were going to destabilize the region, please take out the main problem, Iran.  They told the US that taking out Iraq would just make problems worse....how many Egyptian, Israeli, and Saudi soldiers were involved in the war?  Save the allies bullshit please.
1/25/2013 10:43 AM
So it's your contention that we never had allies in the ME?
1/25/2013 10:50 AM
THE MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX HAS ALLIES

1/25/2013 11:11 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/23/2013 7:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/20/2013 9:13:00 PM (view original):
1 He is bad for the stock market, he isnt catastrophic. We are just recovering slower than we would.

2 We are still there.

3 We didnt go into Pakistan, we ran a raid into Pakistan. And it makes us feel better that Osama is dead, but it is just cosmetic.
1. Evidence to prove?
3. Huh? Isn't a raid into Pakistan the same as "going into Pakistan"?  Nobody can use the language like you Swamp. 

And you are saying that there was no point in going after Bin Laden.  So that is an admission by you that the  wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were mistakes...ergo Bush made a mistake. That is HUGE progress on your coming to grips with reality. I am proud of you Swamp!

3 No. Going into Pakistan meant invasion. A small raid for a specific purpose was not what he was talking aobut. As Rush likes to say...Words have meanings.

By the time we killed Osama the infrastructure of Al Qadea was devestated by the wars and many of their top leaders in the middle east were killed or captured. The orginization was fragmented. His death didnt really make the group less powerful. It was a great victory for moral and may have had some strategic impact but was not the same as a 2003 kill would hav been.

The wars were not mistakes.

There was some tactical flaws in the original "Rumsfeld plan" and so we lost lives and resources we didnt need to lose. The eventual Surge fixed that.
1/25/2013 11:31 AM
How many soldiers from these allies we were protecting fought in the war?
1/25/2013 11:48 AM
Don't do the bullshit badluck dance.   Answer the question.

So it's your contention that we never had allies in the ME?
1/25/2013 12:25 PM
Who asked who first? Why are you doing the dance? How many of our allies you mentioned sent troops to the Iraq war in support of our mission?

Yes we have allies there, our main ally in the region told us we were barking up the wrong tree and were just gonna jack **** up more. They were right.
1/25/2013 12:38 PM
So we do have allies that chose not to fight their neighbors.  In truth, I'm not real fond of such action but I do understand.    After a period of time, we're leaving.  They're left behind to fend for themselves.   And it's a cultural difference.   I don't understand the Muslin culture so I can't say what they were thinking.   But we've been the world's watchdog my entire life.    Saddam was a threat to everyone in that region including his own people.    The world is a better place with him gone.
1/25/2013 12:46 PM
According to our allies, he wasn't close to the main problem. I know we like to pretend we know what's best for everyone, but we screwed the pooch in this one. Everything the israeli's said about destabilizing the region came to fruition. The money we blew there would have been much better served spent at home.
1/25/2013 12:54 PM

Maybe, maybe not.  But, as I said, a world with a Saddam Hussein is a better world.

Government spending is another issue.   I can think of a lot of ways to spend money better than our government does.

1/25/2013 1:01 PM
Easy to say when your infrastructure hasn't been obliterated. It's highly questionable whether Iraqi's are better off now than they were then.
1/25/2013 1:12 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/25/2013 1:01:00 PM (view original):

Maybe, maybe not.  But, as I said, a world with a Saddam Hussein is a better world.

Government spending is another issue.   I can think of a lot of ways to spend money better than our government does.

I get it. Government spending is ok as long as you like how it's being spent. Disagree with the spending? Wasteful government bullshit.
1/25/2013 1:15 PM
As long as the war machine is fed.....
1/25/2013 1:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...186|187|188|189|190...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.