Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

I'm sure this is just another case of the right making a big deal out of nothing but, IMO, the President shouldn't crap on the Constitution every time he does something.

Obama Labor Board Recess Appointments Are Unconstitutional, Federal Court Rules
1/27/2013 7:11 AM

HE WILL RE-APPOINT THEM IN THE NEXT "REAL" RECESS

1/27/2013 8:51 AM
And there is the rub.

He could have waited for a real recess. Why didnt he.

And why isnt this a serious issue.

Someone must have suggested to him that this was a violation.

The reason that the media doesnt see this as an issue is because they are for Obama and against the Republicans.

For them this was a victory against the bad guys. They made him sound wise for doing it.
1/27/2013 1:13 PM
Do you see left wing conspiracies everywhere in your daily life?  Are there liberals hiding behind every tree, waiting to do something terrible to you after you walk by and are out of sight?

Your life must be a living hell to live, trying to get through each day, fighting to hold onto your freedom.
1/27/2013 1:35 PM
This had been going on for two hundred years. Both Clinton and bush had over 150 such appointments. Bolton was a recess appointment by Bush. Funny how all of a sudden its such an issue. Wonder what's different about this president that makes it such an issue all of a sudden.
1/27/2013 1:41 PM
He's black?

1/27/2013 1:50 PM
I dont know...but all of a sudden there's a problem with 200 years of precedent. Seems odd to me.
1/27/2013 1:53 PM
The country is more divided now than at any point in my life.    That might have something to do with it.   I think it's far more that than the skin color of our President.
1/27/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/27/2013 1:42:00 PM (view original):
This had been going on for two hundred years. Both Clinton and bush had over 150 such appointments. Bolton was a recess appointment by Bush. Funny how all of a sudden its such an issue. Wonder what's different about this president that makes it such an issue all of a sudden.
The difference is that Obama didnt follow the rules. The Congress was not in recess.

And that is a HUGE difference.

It isnt that he is a liberal or black. It is that he violated the rules.

And of course the media is pretending like this is a joke.

1/27/2013 2:26 PM
PHONY RECESS

TEABAGGERS PLAYING GAMES INSTEAD OF WORKING
1/27/2013 3:50 PM
And there it is.

No matter what he does or how bad things are it will never be Obama's fault. How could the fist black President be a complete screw up?

1/27/2013 4:24 PM
Recess appointments by president:

Reagan  240
Bush I  77
Clinton 140
Bush II  171
Obama 32

Nearly all of those appointments would be unconstitutional under the rationale of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. It ruled that presidents may bypass the confirmation process only during the sort of recess that occurs between formal sessions of Congress, a gap that generally arises just once a year and sometimes is skipped, rather than other breaks throughout the year. Two of the three judges on the panel also ruled that presidents may fill only vacancies that arise during that same recess.

Presidents have used recess appointments to fill vacancies that opened before a recess since the 1820s, and have made recess appointments during Senate breaks in the midst of sessions going back to 1867. But the three judges, all appointed by Republicans, said the original meaning of the words used in the Constitution clashed with subsequent historical practices.

Whats going to be really funny is when prisoners are released from prison due to their trials being overseen by judges that were appointed during recesses.  Of course the Dem's brought it on themselves by jacking with Bush using the same tactics the GOP just used.  This is going to be another colossal waste of taxpayer money.

1/27/2013 5:17 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/27/2013 5:17:00 PM (view original):
Recess appointments by president:

Reagan  240
Bush I  77
Clinton 140
Bush II  171
Obama 32

Nearly all of those appointments would be unconstitutional under the rationale of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. It ruled that presidents may bypass the confirmation process only during the sort of recess that occurs between formal sessions of Congress, a gap that generally arises just once a year and sometimes is skipped, rather than other breaks throughout the year. Two of the three judges on the panel also ruled that presidents may fill only vacancies that arise during that same recess.

Presidents have used recess appointments to fill vacancies that opened before a recess since the 1820s, and have made recess appointments during Senate breaks in the midst of sessions going back to 1867. But the three judges, all appointed by Republicans, said the original meaning of the words used in the Constitution clashed with subsequent historical practices.

Whats going to be really funny is when prisoners are released from prison due to their trials being overseen by judges that were appointed during recesses.  Of course the Dem's brought it on themselves by jacking with Bush using the same tactics the GOP just used.  This is going to be another colossal waste of taxpayer money.

That isnt true.

Most of those appointments were during a recess.

What changes if this ruling stands is that Congress can keep the President from doing this by keeping the Senate going.

To my knowledge no one ever made an appointment when the Senate is still in session, even the technical version.

Obama decided that the rules are for suckers and got caught!
1/27/2013 8:41 PM
All appointments aside, getting back to the name of the thread......... I'd be willing to bet Obama2 will be the worse president ever, Obama1 was 2nd worst.
How many of you have noticed the drop in take home pay in your paychecks in January? Thank ObamaCare! Health insurance deductions from the paycheck also went up again. Wasn't ObamaCare suppose to be cheaper? Went to 3 different restaurants this month and all 3 raised their prices since the 1st of the year. Thank ObamaCare! If any of you think the added cost won't be handed down to the consumer, guess again. It has just begun!
1/27/2013 9:40 PM
Yes it is true. The only appointments that are constitutional are those that happen at the end of the year break...and only if the office/position becomes vacant during the end of the year recess. How many of all those recess appointments do you think fits that criteria?
1/27/2013 10:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...188|189|190|191|192...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.