Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 4/25/2013 12:38:00 PM (view original):
I'll make the bold prediction that eight years from now, BHO's approval ratings will go down after he's out of office for 4+ years.  History will show how inept he truly is.
I think the Obama's downfall will probably be that he didnt take enough corrective action during the recession, meaning more stimulus, stronger banking regulations, better fed policy, etc.
4/25/2013 12:52 PM
That will be part of it.

But I think the bigger part of it will be the realization of the failed promises of "Hope!" and "Change!" really meaning "Same old politics, just worse and more divisive!"
4/25/2013 12:55 PM
I'll definitely agree about the same old politics part. The divisiveness falls much more on the GOP, in my opinion.
4/25/2013 12:57 PM
I think divisiveness is inherently bipartisan...
4/25/2013 3:30 PM
To further elaborate, the minority party is always the one that appears to be making trouble, but it's really about perception since whoever's in power always has the majority and can easily give the appearance of trying to compromise without really conceding anything significant.  During the height of Republican power in the Bush administration it definitely felt as if the Democrats were the ones arguing about stupid little details on things and missing the forest for the trees, now it's going to look the Republicans are the ones doing that.  Similarly, the minority party typically seems less united and defined.  In 2004, Kerry ran on a platform of not being Bush.  In 2012, Romney ran on a platform of not being Obama.  These are just the realities of how a bipartisan system is going to work most of the time, although everything can feel much more congenial when everything is just generally going well, as it was for most of the '90s...
4/25/2013 3:33 PM
Obama's "signature" was to be healthcare reform.    The early indicators are that it's going to be a burden we, as a country, can't bear.    So, bit by bit, it's going to be torn apart by future representation.   Our healthcare might look different in 2020 but it won't look like anything Obama proposed.  So, when all is said and done, his 8 years in office will look like a "do nothing" term.
4/25/2013 4:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/25/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Obama's "signature" was to be healthcare reform.    The early indicators are that it's going to be a burden we, as a country, can't bear.    So, bit by bit, it's going to be torn apart by future representation.   Our healthcare might look different in 2020 but it won't look like anything Obama proposed.  So, when all is said and done, his 8 years in office will look like a "do nothing" term.
Except for all the work that will need to be done to undo Obamacare.
4/25/2013 4:31 PM
And killing Bin Laden.  Just saying...
4/25/2013 7:27 PM
He didn't exactly lead the invasion or fire the shot.    William Wallace spits in his general direction.
4/25/2013 7:52 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
TONTO!@!!@@@!!!   HOW MANY "I MISS DUBYA!!!" BUMPER STICKERS DO YOU WANT!?!?!?!??!?!
4/25/2013 8:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Rachel Maddow has fans?  Who knew?
4/26/2013 11:12 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 4/26/2013 6:15:00 AM (view original):
I think we can all undestand why she wouldnt want anyone else from her family blasted by the liberal pop culture.

That doesnt mean that America wouldnt be in a better place right now if Jeb were the President instead of Obama.
4/28/2013 3:35 PM

From CNN:

BREAKING NEWS: President Barack Obama’s approval rating dropped 8 percentage points over the last month, and for the first time in his presidency more than half of the public doesn’t feel that the president is honest and trustworthy, a new CNN/ORC International poll shows.

6/17/2013 6:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...197|198|199|200|201...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.