Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2013 10:58:00 AM (view original):

Although, again, the entire statement by the n00b is "But the Republicans did this!!!"    Not really a defense of Obama's failed tenure.

Try it this way.    Your wife finds out you went out with the boys and screwed a stripper.   Is your defense "But Tom and Ed screwed strippers AND did illegal drugs!!!"?   It may be but your wife doesn't care what Tom and Ed did. 

Is the question, are you a bad husband? Or is the question, are you the worst husband ever? Clearly, in your example, you would not be the worst husband ever.
11/6/2013 11:50 AM
I'm sure that Obama thinks he is doing an absolutely terrific job.

What's your point?
11/6/2013 11:52 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):
I'm sure that Obama thinks he is doing an absolutely terrific job.

What's your point?
Me?

I'm just answering Mike's question.

11/6/2013 11:54 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 11/6/2013 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2013 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2013 10:55:00 AM (view original):
There's actually a ? at the end.   It's not a statement. 
I'm just answering the question.

No, he isn't the worst. Suggesting that he might be is partisan hyperbole. He isn't even the worst president in the last ten years.

I don't know.... I disliked a lot of what bush did particularly the spending in his second term.... But Obama takes the cake. He's a terrible leader. He can't get the republicans in line, he's flat out lied about Benghazi and many other events, he's doubled the countys debt in only 5 years, and he's royally screwed the middle class with obamacare. I just laugh a lot now at how bad this guy is at his job.
Let's look at that item by item and see if it really holds water:

"[T]errible leader. He can't get the republicans in line." I'm fairly certain that the Republicans declared from day one of Obama's presidency to do whatever it takes to make him a failure. Absent complete capitulation, I'm not sure there's anything he could have done to "get the republicans in line."

"Flat out lied about Benghazi." I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to. Can you clarify?

"he's doubled the countys (sic) debt in only 5 years" The debt was over $10 trillion when he took office. It's at $16 trillion now. A) that isn't double. B) Bush actually doubled the debt (Reagan tripled it). C) The amount of debt we have really isn't that important, see: Reagan tripling the debt in the 80's.

"he's royally screwed the middle class with obamacare." I disagree. Please explain how he "royally screwed" anyone with Obamacare.

11/6/2013 12:16 PM
As a speaker, he's fantastic.  Quite the motivator.    Probably the best since Hitler. 
11/6/2013 12:31 PM
He lead the country out of a massive recession despite complete GOP retardation and stonewalling: The stimulus worked

He passed health reform, despite complete GOP retardation and stonewalling.

He ended the war in Iraq.

I could go on.

11/6/2013 12:43 PM
11/6/2013 2:46 PM
11/6/2013 2:49 PM

Leaders find a way to work with the opposition and bridge the gaps in political differences.

Obama's policy in dealing with the GOP is "defiance first".  He's not willing to talk or negotiate unless and until he's backed into a corner and the **** is hitting the fan.

That's not leadership.  Not even close.

11/6/2013 3:12 PM
It's apparent you don't pay attention to politics, if you think Republicans had even a sliver of interest in working with President Obama.
11/6/2013 3:36 PM
Posted by moy23 on 11/6/2013 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 11/6/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
It's apparent you don't pay attention to politics, if you think Republicans had even a sliver of interest in working with President Obama.
And the dems had interest in working with the war mongering big oil loving bush? He had lower approval ratings than Obama ever did and still managed to get dems on his side (patriot act, no child left behind, bailout bill).... And bush was a ****** leader (although he was decisive I'll give him that) just not as ****** as Obama. Great leaders can reframe the message to get even those that don't like them personally to work towards a common goal. Saying the republicans won't work with Obama is just an excuse for poor leadership.
I don't remember dems filibustering confirmations or refusing to raise the debt ceiling.
11/6/2013 4:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...201|202|203|204|205...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.