Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by moy23 on 12/30/2012 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Cheers... here's to going off the fiscal cliff.  

I think if government programs are so good we should all be paying for them... not just the wealthy.  
Totally agree.
12/31/2012 1:52 AM
Posted by The Taint on 12/30/2012 11:04:00 PM (view original):
What about us small groups of adults that are forced to pay for other peoples children?
That's a completely separate issue.  Nothing to do with the topic at hand.
12/31/2012 9:11 AM
Oh, I thought we were talking about passing off even more cost to the taxpayer for arming guards in schools.
12/31/2012 10:57 AM
Posted by The Taint on 12/31/2012 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Oh, I thought we were talking about passing off even more cost to the taxpayer for arming guards in schools.
Are you in the wrong thread?
12/31/2012 11:00 AM
I might be......last night was pretty rough. Drunk enough to take a 150 cab ride home.
12/31/2012 11:04 AM
Posted by The Taint on 12/31/2012 11:04:00 AM (view original):
I might be......last night was pretty rough. Drunk enough to take a 150 cab ride home.

Shouldn't that have been tonight's plan?

12/31/2012 11:12 AM
We are visionaries, always one step ahead of the masses. Tonight is amateur night.
12/31/2012 11:16 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/30/2012 11:38:00 AM (view original):
When Company A pays an employee money, it's because the employee earned that money.
When Company B pays a health insurance company that provides plan B contraception/abortion pills, it's because the federal government has mandated them to do so.

That is a material difference.

Not to mention, health care insurance is not always fully paid for by the employer.  The employee often has to pay a good chunk of the premiums as well.  Employees who might have a moral objection to contraception/abortion might have a problem with being mandated by the federal government to pay money to a health insurance company that provides contraception/abortion pills to other people.  In essence, they are being forced by the government to subsidize what they believe to be immoral actions.
The federal government has also mandated that the business pay the employee salary. That doesn't give the business the right to determine how the salary is spent.
12/31/2012 11:40 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/31/2012 11:40:00 AM (view original):
When Company A pays an employee money, it's because the employee earned that money.
When Company B pays a health insurance company that provides plan B contraception/abortion pills, it's because the federal government has mandated them to do so.

Not to mention, health care insurance is not always fully paid for by the employer.  The employee often has to pay a good chunk of the premiums as well.  Employees who might have a moral objection to contraception/abortion might have a problem with being mandated by the federal government to pay money to a health insurance company that provides contraception/abortion pills to other people.  In essence, they are being forced by the government to subsidize what they believe to be immoral actions.
The federal government has also mandated that the business pay the employee salary. That doesn't give the business the right to determine how the salary is spent.

Umm, no.  The federal government has NOT mandated that business pay employees salary. 

Try again.

12/31/2012 11:51 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/31/2012 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/31/2012 11:40:00 AM (view original):

Umm, no.  The federal government has NOT mandated that business pay employees salary. 

Try again.

Federal Minimum Wage
12/31/2012 12:02 PM
That's not what you said.  But whatever.

Do you have a point?
12/31/2012 12:12 PM
My point is that there is no difference between:

Company A paying an employee money and that employee using that money to buy contraceptives.
Company B paying an insurance company money and that ins co using that money to buy contraceptives.
12/31/2012 12:21 PM
Yes, there is.  I already pointed out to you.

Are you incapable of comprehending what I said?  Should I use smaller words?  Maybe draw a picture or two?
12/31/2012 12:35 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/31/2012 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Yes, there is.  I already pointed out to you.

Are you incapable of comprehending what I said?  Should I use smaller words?  Maybe draw a picture or two?
Yeah, you said the federal government mandates health insurance but not wages. It does mandate wages.
12/31/2012 12:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/31/2012 12:21:00 PM (view original):
My point is that there is no difference between:

Company A paying an employee money and that employee using that money to buy contraceptives.
Company B paying an insurance company money and that ins co using that money to buy contraceptives.

If I give you $20 to lick a dog turd and you use that $20 to buy crack, I did not supply you with crack.

If I give you some crack to lick a dog turd, I did supply you with crack.

See the difference?

12/31/2012 1:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...181|182|183|184|185...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.