Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

I don't think it's the "left".   It's crazy ***, over the top animal activists.

The only charities I donate to are animal shelters and the like.   But I'm also going to eat a burger when I want one.  There's no reason our food can't be treated, and killed, humanely.   I think most people, left or right, feel the same way.
2/20/2013 3:27 PM
There is a reason. Are you going to tell a working mother that she has to pay $3.89 a pound for free range chickens at Whole Foods because it is "Immoral" to buy Tyson chicken for $.89 a pound a krogers?

There are over 7 billion people on earth and the food is just about enough right now.

So are you willing to tell a family in Kenya that they cannot eat because we are worried about how we treat our Chickens?
2/20/2013 3:36 PM
I'm not sure Kenyans have access to our chickens.  

But I can't argue food with you.  You're an admitted fatass.   As long as you're eating, I'm sure you don't care about the process that filled your ample belly.
2/20/2013 3:41 PM
Food is global. When we decide that we cannot be mean to chickens it impacts the world.

When our corn sneezes a starving African catches a cold.

And you cannot argue food because you look at the world through Walt Disneys glasses. You have compassion for things that do not want or need it.

That doesnt make you a bad person. In many ways it means you are too good a person.

It just doesnt help.
2/20/2013 4:57 PM
So you're saying Tyson Farms sends chicken to Kenya.   I'll have to have some proof of that.

Only a fool thinks you have to mistreat a chicken in order to make it edible.

How you treat those that can't defend themselves defines who you are.     Would you have been OK with Vick torturing dogs if he ate them afterwards?
2/20/2013 5:02 PM
I've been to Kenya. One thing they have a shitload of is chicken. Goat and chicken is pretty much all they eat.

They certainly aren't buying chicken from US companies. Most people there can't afford to buy chicken, at even $0.60 a pound. A worker in a factory makes about 8 US dollars a day. They raise their own.
2/20/2013 5:07 PM
Also, the chickens they raise in Kenya are similar to the free range chickens you buy at whole foods for $629 a pound, not the super breast Tyson chickens on sale at Food4Less.
2/20/2013 5:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/20/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying Tyson Farms sends chicken to Kenya.   I'll have to have some proof of that.

Only a fool thinks you have to mistreat a chicken in order to make it edible.

How you treat those that can't defend themselves defines who you are.     Would you have been OK with Vick torturing dogs if he ate them afterwards?
It isnt an issue of torture making them edible.

It is an issue of raising them in large quantities cheap.

Again tell a single mother in Detroit that she has to pay $3.69 a pound for chicken because free range chickens are happy.

Chickens do not suffer like we would if we were tortured.

And I support punishing people who enjoy the torture of animals because they get a criminal record and people who torture animals for fun represent a threat to society as a whole.

2/20/2013 6:12 PM
No one is telling anyone that they have to buy expensive chicken.
2/20/2013 6:30 PM
Are you saying chickens don't feel pain?

Follow up just in case you say "yes":

Are you really that ******* stupid?
2/20/2013 8:33 PM
I am saying that chickens do not have a sense of their lives in the grand scheme of things. They do not get depressed or sad. They do not worry about their jobs or care for their children except in a pure instictive way. They do not fear death or want to go on a vacation. Free range chickens are no better off than Tyson Chickens.

The animals are their for us to use.
2/21/2013 2:53 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/20/2013 6:30:00 PM (view original):
No one is telling anyone that they have to buy expensive chicken.
If you want to shut down Tyson and force everyone to raise free range chickens you are trying to tell everyone to buy expensive chickens.
2/21/2013 2:54 AM
MIKET, MEET SWAMP

SAME SIDE, POLITICALLY.

ENJOY
2/21/2013 5:26 AM
Yeah, I'm tempted to go left just so I won't be on THAT side.

Two questions, swampy.  Yes/No will suffice.

Are you saying chickens don't feel pain?

Are you really that ******* stupid?

2/21/2013 6:32 AM
Chickens feel pain.

My turn. Does a Tyson Chicken feel more pain than a free range chicken when you kill it?
2/21/2013 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...191|192|193|194|195...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.