Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 7/3/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/3/2014 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/3/2014 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/3/2014 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2014 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Would everyone be happy if HL chose another insurance company that refuses to pay for prescriptions of these types?    As you know, health insurance companies do that now. 
All health care covers FDA approved birth control.
And therein lies the problem.

Not all people approve of various methods of "birth control" on religious grounds.
Those people are free to not take birth control. 
But it's OK for the government to force them to subsidize it for others?
Is it OK for the government to force them to pay employees salaries if the employees are going to use the money in a way that the employer disagrees with?
7/3/2014 2:50 PM
They are still able to go buy the pill with the money received from their salary. Or find an employer that offers coverage they are happier with.
7/3/2014 2:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2014 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 7/3/2014 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2014 2:40:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure there are "experts" who can tell me what I think constitutes abortion.
You can believe whatever you like, my niece believes in the tooth fairy, but it doesn't make it right or real.

So you're the expert on when life begins?    If I believe it begins when an egg is fertilized, I'm on par with your retarded niece who believes in the tooth fairy?

BTW, I love abortion arguments.   I'd be forcing abortions/sterilization on people but I understand why people object to them.  

Folks like you can't win because you're all "But the experts say......"    Who gives a ****?   If someone believes fertilization constitutes life, you're not convincing them otherwise.   It's a losing argument because you're attempting to tell people what they should believe.
7/3/2014 2:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2014 2:56:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure there are "experts" who can tell me what I think constitutes abortion.
You can believe whatever you like, my niece believes in the tooth fairy, but it doesn't make it right or real.

So you're the expert on when life begins?    If I believe it begins when an egg is fertilized, I'm on par with your retarded niece who believes in the tooth fairy?

BTW, I love abortion arguments.   I'd be forcing abortions/sterilization on people but I understand why people object to them.  

Folks like you can't win because you're all "But the experts say......"    Who gives a ****?   If someone believes fertilization constitutes life, you're not convincing them otherwise.   It's a losing argument because you're attempting to tell people what they should believe.
You can't control what someone believes but you can ignore ridiculous beliefs when setting public policy.

7/3/2014 3:02 PM
"ridiculous beliefs" huh?

I thought the mantra of the left was that there aren't any absolutes and people may choose to believe whatever they want.

No one's belief is "ridiculous" unless it goes against the agenda of the left.
7/3/2014 3:06 PM
The left believes everyone is free to do/believe whatever they want.   Unless, of course, they don't agree with it.
7/3/2014 3:08 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/3/2014 3:02:00 PM (view original):

You can't control what someone believes but you can ignore ridiculous beliefs when setting public policy.

There's the hypocrite coming out again.

If one believes that gay marriage is OK, then all is good.

In one believes that abortion is wrong, then it's ridiculous and should be disregarded.
7/3/2014 3:26 PM
You seem to have forgotten that BL determines right/wrong, sound/ridiculous.
7/3/2014 3:32 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/3/2014 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/3/2014 3:02:00 PM (view original):

There's the hypocrite coming out again.

If one believes that gay marriage is OK, then all is good.

In one believes that abortion is wrong, then it's ridiculous and should be disregarded.
I don't see how the two issues are related.
7/3/2014 3:35 PM
Other than one group wanting to tell another group what they are allowed to do in the privacy of their own home.
7/3/2014 3:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 7/3/2014 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchalesarmy on 7/3/2014 3:06:00 PM (view original):
"ridiculous beliefs" huh?

I thought the mantra of the left was that there aren't any absolutes and people may choose to believe whatever they want.

No one's belief is "ridiculous" unless it goes against the agenda of the left.
I suppose you are ok with making polygamy legal since there are Muslim and  Mormon citizens that believe in the practice?
Polygamy...hell yeah!!!

Edit - Then I could have one (or two) wives take care of the children while the other wives work.... MikeT would be thrilled with my child rearing decision ;)
7/3/2014 4:15 PM (edited)
With a Fair Tax, polygamy is less of a problem.   You no longer have to figure out tax rate status.   Resolve the benefits issue with employers and polygamy is good to go.
7/3/2014 4:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2014 4:23:00 PM (view original):
With a Fair Tax, polygamy is less of a problem.   You no longer have to figure out tax rate status.   Resolve the benefits issue with employers and polygamy is good to go.
We have obamacare.... I don't ever have to worry about healthcare benefits ever again!!
7/3/2014 4:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...221|222|223|224|225...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.