Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Birth control is STILL covered by their healthcare plan. 

Why in the world shouldn't they be able to pick and choose their benefits package? It is their benefit package. IT ISN'T TAX MONEY.

Different employers offer different benefits packages. Always have, still do. Most people consider a benefit package along with hours, salary, travel, etc., when choosing an employer. 
7/9/2014 12:05 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/9/2014 11:55:00 AM (view original):
They offer health care to their employees. Birth control is covered by all health care plans. They should not be able to pick and choose what benefits they cover just as I can't pick what my tax money pays for.

Now, if an employee is paying into their health care plan, shouldn't they have a say in what is covered?
What "right" is supposedly violated by an employer not being forced to be complicit in something they disagree with?

You also never answered this.

In all fairness, it's not just you, because none of you have.
7/9/2014 12:07 PM

The rights of the person who is also paying into their own health care package?

7/9/2014 12:10 PM
Well then my rights have been violated by Obamacare as my premiums have increased, yet all of my co-pays have went up.

I have no say in any of that other than deciding that the healthcare plan is inadequate so I may look for employment elsewhere and find a benefit package that better suits my needs.

In fact, I don't know of ANY benefits package that an employee has a say in.
7/9/2014 12:21 PM
Please don't act like this is the first time your premiums went up. Or your co-pays. That is on your employer. For the first time in seven years, our premiums did not go up this year.

We also have a say in ours. Three different choices each year.

7/9/2014 12:30 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/9/2014 10:27:00 AM (view original):
I know what it is, but it's not like it's just one entity paying for it.  If you or I are paying for it as well, why doesn't our beliefs come in to the equation?
You and 3 friends are going out for a beer.   Three of you are all in for a strip club.  The fourth guy objects because his wife has a strict "no looking at stripper titties" policy.   The three of you can go and he's left to his own devices.   Or all four of you go somewhere else.

HLobby -  No to this specific birth control
Employee - "But I really want that one!!!"
Me - "I don't give a **** but HL shouldn't be forced to pay for it because they have a strong religious belief against it."
You - "Why won't HL go to the strip club with us despite his wife's beliefs?"

See?   The one party that objects doesn't spend money at the strip club.
7/9/2014 12:32 PM
But the guy runs a strip club on the side, making lots of money off it.

Like Hobby Lobby makes money off investments in the same birth control they are trying to get out if providing.

Their strong religious belief is a joke, and is completely because Obama told them they had to do it.
7/9/2014 12:39 PM
I'm glad you know exactly why Hobby Lobby is objecting.

Care to tell me why the Yankees traded for a pitcher when they need hitting?   I'm sure you can read Cashman's mind, right?
7/9/2014 12:42 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/9/2014 12:30:00 PM (view original):
Please don't act like this is the first time your premiums went up. Or your co-pays. That is on your employer. For the first time in seven years, our premiums did not go up this year.

We also have a say in ours. Three different choices each year.

Yeah, I guess my employer could have just ate the 40% tax levied by Obamacare on so called "Cadillac plans". It's all their fault.

Again, it is NOT tax money, it is part of a benefit package. Please don't act like they are the same.
7/9/2014 12:42 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/9/2014 12:10:00 PM (view original):

The rights of the person who is also paying into their own health care package?

They have a right to take birth control or have an abortion.

They don't have a "right" to force their employer to subsidize such items if the employer objects on religious grounds.

At least, that's what SCOTUS decided last week.
7/9/2014 12:44 PM
As I understand it, HL invests money for 401k plans in pharmaceutical companies.    I think that's a little different than what you're submitting as fact.
He's a dumbass?

Glad you feel that corporations can tell people what they should believe in, especially when they are also paying for their own health care. The Supreme Court sides with you, so you obviously must be right.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/9/2014 12:44:00 PM (view original):
As I understand it, HL invests money for 401k plans in pharmaceutical companies.    I think that's a little different than what you're submitting as fact.
Not really. They are providing money to companies to develop and manufacture the very thing they are "so" against.
7/9/2014 12:46 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/9/2014 12:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/9/2014 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Not really. They are providing money to companies to develop and manufacture the very thing they are "so" against.
Not what I've read.   I can provide a link for it.   Can you provide one showing what you claim?
7/9/2014 12:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...233|234|235|236|237...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.