Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

WASHINGTON (AP) - One of President Barack Obama's longtime advisers says Obama misled the public for years by claiming he opposed same sex marriage when he actually supported it

Former Obama strategist David Axelrod writes in a new book that Obama modified his public position to say he supported civil unions but not gay marriage. Axelrod says that's because his political advisers told him supporting gay marriages could hurt him politically.

Obama in 2010 said his position was evolving, and then announced he supported gay marriage in during the run-up to his re-election.

The revelation comes as the Supreme Court prepares to resolve the gay marriage issue nationwide in a few months.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest isn't disputing Axelrod's account but says Obama's actions in support of gays and lesbians are clear.

2/10/2015 3:23 PM
Breaking news: Politician lied about how he really felt about an issue to pander to voters. 
2/10/2015 3:27 PM
Politicians ******* suck.

That sum it up?
2/10/2015 3:54 PM
Sort of.   But, if gay marriage is a big political stump, I'd like the candidates to give us their real position. 
2/10/2015 4:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/10/2015 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Sort of.   But, if gay marriage is a big political stump, I'd like the candidates to give us their real position. 
Wouldn't we all!

Here's a fact for you....... Politicians lie to get elected. Usually the best liars win. Then the general public wonders why the government is disfunctional. 
2/10/2015 7:14 PM
For ****'s sake.  Of course I know politicians lie to get elected.   Just pointing out that the WPE was more than happy to change his stance based on the polls.    Which is something virtually every candidate has been accused of.    The Great Savior is just another politician.
2/11/2015 7:59 AM
No one has ever denied that Obama is just another politician. Liberals are disappointed in him, too. He isn't the worst president ever (not even close) but he certainly didn't live up to the expectations of the people who voted for him.
2/11/2015 9:04 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 2/11/2015 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/11/2015 7:59:00 AM (view original):
For ****'s sake.  Of course I know politicians lie to get elected.   Just pointing out that the WPE was more than happy to change his stance based on the polls.    Which is something virtually every candidate has been accused of.    The Great Savior is just another politician.
It is entirely legitimate for the American people to be deeply concerned when you have a bunch of dishonest, vile politicians who randomly shot a bunch of statements off about gay marriage.
Wow. That's impressive. I never thought moy would have the stones to call GOP politicians dishonest and vile.
2/11/2015 9:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by stinenavy on 2/10/2015 7:42:00 PM (view original):
There's 1 Republican Senator I can think of (Portman) who is openly pro same-sex marriage, and that's only because his kid is gay. I would imagine many others don't give a damn one way or another, but have to spout only being for "traditional marriage" in order to keep their status. It's politics.
I think the only people who legitimately care about gay marriage are gay who want to be married and people who object to it for religious reasons.   Redefine "marriage" and move on. 
2/11/2015 9:41 AM
True, if you're younger than 6.

Otherwise, Bush II was worse. And a bunch of presidents throughout history have been worse. Obama really hasn't been bad. Overall, I'd rank him in the middle.
2/11/2015 9:42 AM

Obama disputes Axelrod's gay marriage claim

The president says his former top political adviser confused his "personal feelings" with his "position on the issue."  His side of the story »

2/11/2015 9:47 AM
I'd open that but I assume it's just "My personal feelings was that gay marriage is OK but my official position was that we needed to delve deeper into it."
2/11/2015 9:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...314|315|316|317|318...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.