Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2012 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nickbracco on 4/4/2012 5:49:00 PM (view original):
I thought I was on your blocked list a-hole?

Nope.  You never made the cut.

I laughed out loud..

What does it take to make that "cut?"
4/4/2012 6:32 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 4/4/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llad_lu76 on 4/4/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Folks,

I would encourage you to take a look at the psychological literature on the "fundamental attribution error"---It is the tendency (of Westerners at least) to over-attribute outcomes to personal-dispositional factors, and under-emphasize the impact of situational factors.  I strongly suspect that the large disparity in evaluations of both the current and previous presidents are impacted by this effect.....at least to the extent that we seek put a face on the problems of a nation. 

Dependence on foreign oil is a societal-level issue, and the root of many of the problems (domestic and foreign) faced by both Presidents, and it is difficult to imagine the actions of any one individual turning this around in the short term.

Bingo, we have a winner.

Saying things like "The President's job is to address the problems of his people," may be emotionally satisfying. Maybe it allows you to think of yourself as being all about accountabilty. As for serious analysis, it's hopelessly inadequate.

Well, if the explanation is "It's beyond his abilities to make change", why do we care who becomes our leader?

In all seriousness, I think we know our government is akin to a clogged toilet.    There's a lot of **** in there and someone has to flush it out.   Some people just take a **** on top of it and say "Nothing I can do" or "Not my fault".   Some people try to unclog it.    I think we know where Obama and his big government policies fall.
4/4/2012 6:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by toddcommish on 4/4/2012 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genghisxcon on 4/4/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llad_lu76 on 4/4/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Folks,

I would encourage you to take a look at the psychological literature on the "fundamental attribution error"---It is the tendency (of Westerners at least) to over-attribute outcomes to personal-dispositional factors, and under-emphasize the impact of situational factors.  I strongly suspect that the large disparity in evaluations of both the current and previous presidents are impacted by this effect.....at least to the extent that we seek put a face on the problems of a nation. 

Dependence on foreign oil is a societal-level issue, and the root of many of the problems (domestic and foreign) faced by both Presidents, and it is difficult to imagine the actions of any one individual turning this around in the short term.

Bingo, we have a winner.

Saying things like "The President's job is to address the problems of his people," may be emotionally satisfying. Maybe it allows you to think of yourself as being all about accountabilty. As for serious analysis, it's hopelessly inadequate.

The funny thing about genghis' sanctimony this is they won the election in 2008 by basically running against the Bush administration, even though it was McCain on the ballot.

Liberals have no self-awareness at all.
Not a very good comparison. A president can make the decision to invade a foreign country, he can't just make a decision to fundamentally change the nature of international energy markets.

The funny thing about todd/mike/tec's criticism is that Obama would need dictatorial and in some cases, godlike powers to accomplish what they (it?) suggest he should have accomplished.

Also, your grammar needs work.
4/5/2012 7:11 PM
Not what I said. Try again.
4/6/2012 1:41 PM
Maybe not what you said, but it is the general consensus taken by his mindless drone supporters.
4/6/2012 2:59 PM
It's funny, but even with all their poo-throwing, the democrats on this board (a loyal, enthusiastic group) STILL haven't come up with a single positive accomplishment of the Obama administration.
4/10/2012 2:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.