Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/20/2017 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 1/20/2017 12:15:00 PM (view original):
all politicians are self serving to some extent. I think Trump is more self serving then most.
And why do you think that?

I hope you're not running down that stupid rabbit hole of "But some of Trump's supporters are racist" again.
It has nothing to do with racists. Why would it? Let's see. He gave big tax incentives to save some jobs. he has stock in Carrier. He is in favor of the oil pipeline in North Dakota. He has stock in the main company working on the pipeline. I could go on, but that sounds self-serving to me. He also refuses to put his businesses in a blind trust, as every president in the last 40 years has done.
1/20/2017 5:12 PM
Posted by warrior0510 on 1/20/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Just heard and saw Trump's inaugural speech. ..... Oh, my god .......

If you didn't see that white-haired man, you would have been thinking, this might be a 12year old kid. Just stumbling and mumbling "america first" (why? by the way, the USA is already the most powerful country of the world; are US-americans any better than any other country or people in the world? do they deserve better than others? again, why?) "Make america great again" (the most powerful country of the world; an economical giant???) People applauding a guy who makes them believe their country is down and weak ... wavering between inferiority and hubris; calling the Washington elite corrupt and then going to lunch with them. I fear in 4 years someone else will really have to make the USA great again.....
Are you Austin Powers? Have you been frozen for the last 30 years? Comments like "most powerful country of the world" (twice) and "an economical giant" sure make it seem so. Those things haven't been true since Politician because a lifetime job. Now that we finally have a bunch of businessmen back in charge, we'll see things get done, and those statements will hopefully be true again.
1/20/2017 5:25 PM
1/20/2017 6:18 PM
Posted by all3 on 1/20/2017 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by warrior0510 on 1/20/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Just heard and saw Trump's inaugural speech. ..... Oh, my god .......

If you didn't see that white-haired man, you would have been thinking, this might be a 12year old kid. Just stumbling and mumbling "america first" (why? by the way, the USA is already the most powerful country of the world; are US-americans any better than any other country or people in the world? do they deserve better than others? again, why?) "Make america great again" (the most powerful country of the world; an economical giant???) People applauding a guy who makes them believe their country is down and weak ... wavering between inferiority and hubris; calling the Washington elite corrupt and then going to lunch with them. I fear in 4 years someone else will really have to make the USA great again.....
Are you Austin Powers? Have you been frozen for the last 30 years? Comments like "most powerful country of the world" (twice) and "an economical giant" sure make it seem so. Those things haven't been true since Politician because a lifetime job. Now that we finally have a bunch of businessmen back in charge, we'll see things get done, and those statements will hopefully be true again.
I guess you meant to write became not because.

Otherwise your post just confirms what I was pointing out about the mentality of many people in the US. Just ignore the facts because they are different from what I 'feel'. I want to feel bad. And I want to feel bad!

Please consider also that businessmen - that is just the name of the game - .are looking to maximize their own benefit, not that of the community. So to rely on them to govern your country is a bit simple and naive, you know?
1/22/2017 4:28 AM
You think the facts show this Country is better-off now than it was 30 years ago?
Where exactly? Economically? NO! Foreign relations? NO! Socially? NO!
Other Countries don't fear the US anymore. Heck, we now fear ourselves more than others fear us. Race, gender and other social differences are now bigger problems than ever.
Where the heel are we "better-off"?
I worked in Government for over 25 years, so I know what kind of waste and game-playing their is. Anyone who thinks any successful business could be run nearly as poorly has no idea what they are talking about. Let's take the USPS for one example. We've been hearing for over a decade how much money it's losing. Given the number of private companies who have thrived doing the same service during that same period should illustrate something. Ask any postal employee about the waste and game-playing and if they think the USPS would be better-off run like a business.
1/22/2017 9:59 AM
Dear dear all3, my friend. Can't you see the logic of career politician over business people.

Career politicians don't take bribes. They don't get money from lobbyist. They don't lie, cheat or steal.

When they make a mistake they admit it. They would never blame.....oh.....I don't know......BUSH?

They get free rent and free meals and free travel because of all the money they save us.

Imagine if a business person had been in charge the last 8 years. Imagine it was Trump.

I can say this for a fact. The national debt would not have doubeled to 20 TRILLION DOLLARS.

Greedy business only wants to stay in business so they have a business and aren't unemployed and on welfare.

Nice and Helpful Politicians give money to people on welfare and people like jobless former business owners.

And politicians don't have to depend on money from business. They print their own any time they want.

So please, don't be silly. What you want is hope. What you are talking about is change.

Let's keep going the way we were. Helpful wonderful honest politicians over greedy criminal business.
1/22/2017 10:59 AM
Obama was the only President in history never to have at least a 3% increase of the GDP in a year.
1/23/2017 7:29 AM
Now even dozens of prominent Democrats are throwing Obumble under the bus; citing his poor leadership and lack of accomplishments as the reason their Party lost over 1000 important seats in the last election.
Trump's election certainly seems to be tearing one Party apart. Gotta love all those wonderful political "experts" and their forecasts.
4/20/2017 1:16 PM
Posted by moy23 on 4/4/2012 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Obama sucks.... Worse than Bush even. Romney will beat Obama and this nightmare presidency will be over. 2013 can't come soon enough.

soothsayer...
8/29/2017 6:41 PM
Romney the former corporate raider had no chance. I voted for Obama over him. B_L you are a dumb person and have lost every debate with me. Period. Stop deflecting. You are an uneducated snowflake.
8/29/2017 7:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...459|460|461|462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.