How to win at D2 and D3 Topic

Posted by aejones on 6/6/2016 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 2/2/2016 1:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ukula on 2/2/2016 12:50:00 AM (view original):
Google aejones draftkings and you'll understand why he left
dang thats the same guy?
Confirmed same guy.

Kinda funny, at the NBA Live Final for Draft Kings a few months ago someone approached me specifically to talk about HD.

I haven't logged in to HD for several months and have nearly forgotten about it at this point.. it's pretty insane to think back about how much it used to consume me, waking up at 5am for the cycle, using my phone during social events, etc. I guess that part of my life has been filled by DFS, like a drug. I'm a little more free this month until I go play a few weeks of poker but I know that starting a team would just lead to me quitting by NFL season. I can't believe how long it's been since I stopped playing!

It's cool that this is finally pinned and I hope most of it is still relevant. Also hope the new engine is fun, this platform is a enjoyable even if the execution is mediocre.

Finally, **** this guy! https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=486722

F***. 5 million? Well done, well done.
6/8/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/8/2016 4:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by aejones on 6/6/2016 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 2/2/2016 1:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ukula on 2/2/2016 12:50:00 AM (view original):
Google aejones draftkings and you'll understand why he left
dang thats the same guy?
Confirmed same guy.

Kinda funny, at the NBA Live Final for Draft Kings a few months ago someone approached me specifically to talk about HD.

I haven't logged in to HD for several months and have nearly forgotten about it at this point.. it's pretty insane to think back about how much it used to consume me, waking up at 5am for the cycle, using my phone during social events, etc. I guess that part of my life has been filled by DFS, like a drug. I'm a little more free this month until I go play a few weeks of poker but I know that starting a team would just lead to me quitting by NFL season. I can't believe how long it's been since I stopped playing!

It's cool that this is finally pinned and I hope most of it is still relevant. Also hope the new engine is fun, this platform is a enjoyable even if the execution is mediocre.

Finally, **** this guy! https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=486722

Hey, Jonesy :)

I'd forgotten about that other thread and that it was your impetus for leaving - maybe in light of how things turned out (you turning to draft kings for your new fix and winning a ton of cash) you should thank the guy instead :)

Congrats btw, good hearing from ya.
Yea, it was more or less coincidental that my schedule became busy around the same time that I felt I got mistreated by the incompetence or apathy of support, but it worked out nicely because anytime I was much less motivated to return after missing a recruiting cycle or sign up for a new team, etc.

Also let this be a lesson to everyone-- HD is clearly a platform to future fantasy sports riches!
6/9/2016 5:56 PM
A- prestige D3 school, D2 recruit at 460 OVR.

Got the back up email. How likely is it for me to pull him down? What do I need to do?
6/23/2016 10:03 AM
Posted by musketeer22 on 6/23/2016 10:03:00 AM (view original):
A- prestige D3 school, D2 recruit at 460 OVR.

Got the back up email. How likely is it for me to pull him down? What do I need to do?
If you got a backup message then you can pull him down. Send him 10 STs and a scholly. If he's still not considering you then send 3-5 more STs.

Is he considering anyone else at the moment?
6/23/2016 10:48 AM
Not considering anyone else. I sent 3 STs and a scholly and he isn't considering me.
6/23/2016 2:25 PM
Send 10 STs and scholly. If he still isn't considering you, then send more. Sometimes it's takes more than 10.
6/23/2016 2:40 PM
15 ST's in and still not considering me or another school. Crap
6/23/2016 7:21 PM
Soon... this thread will be worthless. Very soon.
8/9/2016 3:03 PM
yup helped me a lot
8/9/2016 6:03 PM
RIP thread
8/10/2016 9:01 AM
maybe he should do one on how to win 5 million dollars?
8/19/2016 1:29 AM
Would I be correct that with the introduction of 3.0 that much of the discussion may or may not still be applicable?
8/19/2016 3:10 PM
Posted by tompkinsaj on 8/19/2016 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Would I be correct that with the introduction of 3.0 that much of the discussion may or may not still be applicable?
yeah, some of it
8/19/2016 7:11 PM
Posted by tompkinsaj on 8/19/2016 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Well .. the people you want to recruit are still the same, They did not change the game engine, so a good PG from 2.0 is still a good PG in 3.0.

So, what is different is that you need to scout players to find them, then there are 5 kinds of potential (not 3) when you project who is going to be a good player, etc. Also 2 recruiting sessions per season. There are no dorpdowns or pulldowns, you can recruit anyone who you open up the recruiting actions with using Attention Points. If you recruit a player from a division higher than you, you can only sign them in the second session. If you are in Div-3 and go two division higher (Div-1) you can only sign on the last day of recruiting.

If you read the 3.0 guide to understand Scouting and Recruiting, most of the rest of the things in this thread are still good..
10/26/2016 4:20 PM
I didn't want to create a new thread because I probably should have just signed up for a mentor. However, I have hit a snag with one of my teams and I'm just wondering if someone with some experience can look at it and diagnose whether I'm underperforming or what. I know I'm overstocked inside and my guard depth is lacking, but I feel like my team should be better than 7-5 considering the competition. Is it my personnel or my game planning? Thanks in advance.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13372
12/13/2016 8:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27 Next ▸
How to win at D2 and D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.