Posted by Arfy on 6/7/2012 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Teams               ATL-MIA Order Rec Total Pts

"Team fappin" TEX 5 LAA 6 NYY 3 KC 2 CWS 7 DET 4 BOST 1 6 4th  3-LAST
"Burnt Sienna" MIL 4 CIN 1 HOU 6 SF 2 MIA 3 ARZ 7 LAD 5 9 5th 19-7+12-3rd
"The franchise" Tex 7 LAA 6 NYY 5 KC 4 TOR 3 DET 2 BOST 1 9 1st  8-4th
"2 non blondes" MIL 3 CIN 5 STL 4 SF 1 MIA 2 ARZ 7 WAS 6 9 3rd  19-2nd
"Navy buddies" MIL 7 CIN 6 STL 5 SF 4 MIA 3 ARZ 2 WAS 1 9 2nd  23-1st
Final scores.

I'm sorry to tell you, team Fappin, that you have been eliminated.
6/7/2012 1:35 PM
Quick question.  If Navy buddies lost only their 3 pt game and 2 Non Blondes lost only their 2 pt game, how did they finish ahead of us? 

I think it should be 26 pts for us and 25 pts for the Navy buddies, am I adding it wrong?
6/7/2012 2:26 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 6/7/2012 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Quick question.  If Navy buddies lost only their 3 pt game and 2 Non Blondes lost only their 2 pt game, how did they finish ahead of us? 

I think it should be 26 pts for us and 25 pts for the Navy buddies, am I adding it wrong?
+1
6/7/2012 3:17 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 6/7/2012 2:26:00 PM (view original):

You are correct.  My bad.  Sorry.....late night of drinking last night=poor math today!
6/7/2012 3:28 PM
No worries.  But it's getting down to the end.  I'd rather have immunity than have to pick someone else to get a disadvantage, but any safety at all at this point is better than none.

Plus, we spent a pretty good amount of time researching this challenge, unlike some of the other challenges we won (Pirates over Braves, car racing), I feel like we earned this one, so I want the credit for winning!
6/7/2012 4:26 PM (edited)
So...We got moved to 1st to 2nd and now I feel a UTURN coming..lol...We almost got away with one..Damn you Steve!!! :-)
6/7/2012 4:36 PM
Dodged a bullet there.
6/7/2012 5:03 PM
PITSTOP #12 DETOUR

In this PITSTOP, we head to Pocono, Pennsylvania for NASCAR's Pocono 400.  You will have a choice between two variations of the same challenge.

HANDICAPPED or NOT HANDICAPPED

In HANDICAPPED you will choose ANY two NASCAR Drivers competing in Sunday's race.  You will get the total amount of NASCAR Points your drivers earn in the race and will be docked 40 points for choosing this challenge.

In NOT HANDICAPPED, you will choose two drivers
NOT in the top 15 in the standings.  You will get the total amount of NASCAR Points your drivers earn in the race

No matter which one you choose, you will all be competing against each other..  To throw another twist in there......if only one team chooses HANDICAPPED, they will not lose 40 points.  ALSO, if only one team chooses NOT HANDICAPPED, I will give that team an extra 40 point advantage.

The team that 2 NON BLONDES chooses to U TURN, will receive a 10 point penalty.

As a tiebreaker, give me the total number of pointed combined in
Saturday's NHL GAME

The last place team MAY be eliminated.

Picks are due to me by Saturday 4pm EST/7 pm PST

Also.........

Thinking about next weeks final 3 challenge(The very last one).  I need to know if there would be any team that wouldn't be able to access Yahoo messenger sometime later in the week  next week for a live session.  I only need one coach from each team.  Please let me know.  I will work out a workable session for everyone if this isn't a problem.

6/7/2012 5:44 PM (edited)
Posted by doogiex4 on 6/7/2012 4:36:00 PM (view original):
So...We got moved to 1st to 2nd and now I feel a UTURN coming..lol...We almost got away with one..Damn you Steve!!! :-)
At this point, a UTurn might be a good thing.  Has ANYONE with a handicap lost a challenge yet?  Twice, we've lost a challenge, had it be non-elim, got an even bigger handicap than the UTurn and won the next challenge.  I'm surprised everyone isn't ASKING for the Uturn yet...
6/7/2012 8:22 PM

Navy Buddies can't access yahoo messenger on Monday next week. 

6/8/2012 12:39 PM
Burnt Sienna can probably do it anytime on Wednesday or Friday later in the day.  During the day it really varies.
6/8/2012 1:50 PM
How do you guys feel about possibly Wednesday?
6/8/2012 8:30 PM
Monday and Wednesday are my softball nights, so it would depend on the time for me.  My partner may be free, but if we make it to the final challenge, I'm pretty sure we're both gonna want to be available for it.

What time of night are we looking at and about how long do you expect it to last?
6/8/2012 9:36 PM
And, since we reluctantly targeted Navy Buddies the last time we had a chance, and then that challenge got changed, we're gonna go ahead and do it again.  Sorry guys, good luck (history is certainly on your side).
6/8/2012 9:38 PM
Yeah, what time and how long?

I'm on my own from hear on out, so it all depends on my schedule
6/8/2012 10:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...43|44|45|46|47|48 Next ▸
THE AMAZING RACE-3 Non Blondes win! Transcript! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.