Defense and Range Topic

Posted by crimsonblue on 6/14/2012 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Bips batting average is higher, that would give him more ("extra hits") hits per season.......The numbers I am using are pro-rated as well. Just like with schwarze's method( similar to mine) although it is simplistic it is a basic 1 to 1 comparison, more offensive production ("more hits") is the natural counter to Lemke's better fielding. As stated above by others, there are many other factors that would matter in this comparison (one other being that Lemke  would simply not be a good 'run producer' in leagues with high offensive production).  I don't doubt your methodology because it is unknown to me.  With production numbers for both players changing under your method (which would mean they would change again if a third player were included) it is not a standard constant/variable comparison with a fixed base.
I'd say your methodology "is pretty damn sound" given the limited information it looks at.  Without taking park, speed and a plethora of other factors, into consideration, it's conjecture to suggest Lemke is truly a better choice than Roberts.
6/14/2012 6:53 PM
◂ Prev 123
Defense and Range Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.