The All Time WIS Baseball team (just for fun) Topic

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad.
6/15/2012 12:30 AM
Back in the day....Sford, shaybee, wildthings1, JGPF, zackaryl, elbirdo, ARomano, mensu1954, mudyhelmut and PQ put together some tough *** teams, and were consistently in the money...We played an assortment of cap leagues and tourneys, and these guys were nails....I felt fortunate to win ONE tourney playing against them...You were doing something to best them...dan6768 too, can't forget him either....One of these days I'll have to dig up the Tagteam league from the depths....those were TOUGH. Some of the above mentioned got their heads handed to them in those...Zack always gets kudos from me, taught me alot about building a pitching staff. Grizzly_one, he could build a team out of empty pixie stick wrappers and a piece of gum from under the desk, draft less than 1,000IP and come out smelling like a rose...SOB used to drive me crazy....He was one of the earliest to get a handle on the AAA system and was excellent in maximizing what he drafted...
6/15/2012 1:11 AM (edited)
I will also mention that most or all of the above were always helpful to new users, gave advice whenever asked to do so....
6/15/2012 1:13 AM
Most arrogant - and best - Sim player I recall was Lemayripper.  SOB backed it up.  I remember he put out a challenge that twenty-two owners could play against him, with whatever rules they wanted, and he would have a team in each league, win a combined 200 games, and win the WS.  He did it.  Definitely not a 'team player', wouldn't share any info or give advice and was quick to belittle, but good lawd the guy could play this game.  If I were building the all-time (being defined as since I've been playing) team he'd be manager/GM/whatever else he wanted to do.
6/15/2012 1:14 AM
Oh yeah, Lemay, the Albert Belle A-Hole of the sim...he will not be missed.

Who was the guy from Florida that was constantly typing in CAPS, the Internet tough guy, the guy who always put pics of his beachfront house, the Cadillac, his ugly wife? He was so vain he'd post pics of himself working out! Holy ****, we harassed and tortured the crap out of him....The forums were so much fun....

6/15/2012 1:26 AM (edited)
Is JoseCanUC still around? His league predictions were hilarious....
6/15/2012 1:19 AM
What a shame the old forums aren't archived...The draft threads alone were worth staying up all night, going to the office like a zombie..It was common for me to wake my ex and kids from a sound sleep LMAO during those nights of the drafts we held....I'd give a nut to reread those....Non league owners used to drop in just to see what had been posted....

6/15/2012 1:21 AM
Posted by DoctorKz on 6/15/2012 1:26:00 AM (view original):
Oh yeah, Lemay, the Albert Belle A-Hole of the sim...he will not be missed.

Who was the guy from Florida that was constantly typing in CAPS, the Internet tough guy, the guy who always put pics of his beachfront house, the Cadillac, his ugly wife? He was so vain he'd post pics of himself working out! Holy ****, we harassed and tortured the crap out of him....The forums were so much fun....

Big Kahuna.

If we're going to talk about all-time a**holes, though, we have to mention Caracarn - a man in need of meds.
6/15/2012 1:34 AM
Oh yeah, the Big Kahuna...hilarious...what a tool he was. No doubt his real name is Richard F'ing Cranium....

6/15/2012 1:40 AM (edited)
Let's see ... Lemayripper, Caracarn, juggalosteve,big_kahuna, tombarrister - maybe we need to work on an all-Anti-All-Star team?
6/15/2012 1:44 AM
We were not well. Most of us spent way too much time and money playing this damned game. Our wives/girlfiends should have had us committed....The Ex used to walk into the study, see me sitting there laughing my *** off and just turn around and close the door...I was hopeless. 

Guys like Kahuna and caracarn were the reason they created the Pit....those guys in Cincinnati earned their pay, in the forums there was so much nonsense going on. Some good even came from it, we did get Admin to expand the forums, get private threads for draft and progressive leagues...Their customer service was very underrated back then, and they were very receptive to outside ideas to improve their product. That started at the top, Tarek (Tarek Kamil was the creator) was always right on top of things.

6/15/2012 1:56 AM (edited)
OMG-juggalosteve, forgot about him....dumb as a bag of hammers, swear to God if it rained and he looked up with his mouth open, he'd have drowned...
6/15/2012 1:50 AM
It is great to see you on the site again Doc.  I agree, the forums were rediculous and it got to the point I would not take a drink of anything while reading certain owners' posts.  It was either that, or spend time wiping the "beverage" from my computer. 

Who was it that had the huge argument about left handed second basemen having an advantage?  He kept promising to film himself (I think) to prove his point.  That thread went on forever!
6/15/2012 2:01 AM
Thanks mensu, nice to be back...I had to get divorced first, now am free and clear to navigate...
6/15/2012 2:03 AM
Posted by mensu1954 on 6/15/2012 2:01:00 AM (view original):
It is great to see you on the site again Doc.  I agree, the forums were rediculous and it got to the point I would not take a drink of anything while reading certain owners' posts.  It was either that, or spend time wiping the "beverage" from my computer. 

Who was it that had the huge argument about left handed second basemen having an advantage?  He kept promising to film himself (I think) to prove his point.  That thread went on forever!
They weren't arguments, they were brawls...
6/15/2012 2:04 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
The All Time WIS Baseball team (just for fun) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.