Mafia Game Redux- Day3 Topic

Well I'm back, so let's liven this place up again. The second mafia game is about to be played, and it will have the same format as the previous one. Here is the link to the last game.

For those of you guys who are to lazy to click on the link, the next post(s) will contain all the info needed.
6/17/2012 4:08 PM
I will be narrator. 

2 maf 
4 townspeople 
1 doc 
1 cop 

Basic setup. We can expand if this idea gets going. From Wikipedia: 

One person is the game's Narrator (popularly called the "God") - they moderate the game, rather than participating. Everyone else is dealt a card that gives them their secret role as a player. 
[edit]Roles 
Narrator 
Civilians (civilian-sided) 
Mafia (Mafia-sided, win by killing off/outnumbering villagers) 
Detective (civilian-sided, can inspect mafia members) 
Doctor (civilian-sided, can elect someone to save in the night) 
[edit]Night 
The Narrator tells everyone to close their eyes ("It is now nighttime and all the villagers are asleep..."). The night phase can optionally be accompanied by all players tapping gently to mask any giveaway sounds of player movement. However, no suspicions are to be based on actions in the night.[16] 
Each night, the Narrator tells the Mafia to open their eyes and acknowledge their fellow members. They kill off one of the other players by silently gesturing to indicate their target and to show unanimity. Then the Narrator instructs the mafia members to "sleep" (close their eyes again). 
Now the Detective will open his or her eyes and point at a suspect; if that player is mafia-sided, the narrator nods. Then the Narrator instructs the Detective to "sleep" and the Doctor to open his or her eyes; he or she points at someone to save, then goes back to sleep. 
[edit]Day 
The Narrator tells everyone to wake up. Unless the doctor and the mafia selected the same target a murder is announced, sometimes with a little narrative detail. (For example, "David was shot seven times, stabbed three times, and drowned in the river.") This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way. 
During the daytime phase, the players deliberate over which suspected Mafia member they wish to nominate for lynching. Once nominations are made, the narrator administers an election between the nominees, in which all players vote - whoever receives the most votes is lynched; they are "dead," and may no longer participate in the game in any way. 
Because players have less information and more freedom to deliberate during the day, the day phase tends to be longer than the night phase. The day phase either has a set time limit, or continues until a lynch has been performed. 
[edit]Win condition 
If all Mafia members are killed, then the Townspeople win the game. If the villagers are outnumbered by the Mafia during the day, then the Mafia win. 

6/17/2012 4:08 PM
RULES FOR FORUM GAME:

Okay, all the roles will be sitemailed. Everyone will receive a seperate sitemail, and no one but the two mafia will know someone else's role. IF YOU DO NOT GET A SITEMAIL, YOU ARE A TOWNSPERSON. Then, I declare on this thread that it is "night" of the first round. The Mafia will sitemail me with who they want to kill. They MUST agree, as they may only choose one person. The doctor will sitemail me the name of a user he is trying to "save." If he guesses correctly, no one dies. If he doesn't, then off with someone's head. The doctor IS ALLOWED TO CHOOSE HIMSELF, but that is usually a bad strategy. Save yourself only when you feel it is warranted.

The cop will also send me the name of a user. I will then reply whether they are mafia or not. When Day comes, he can present his case if he gets a "guilty." The twist here is that ANYONE can claim cop, so be careful who you believe. You will have a set timeperiod for night, usually about 24 hours.

Day will be announced whenever I get on after that night. Any sitemails recieved regarding who you choose after the allotted 24 hours, whether I have posted or not, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. If you for some reason can't check in for those 24 hours, let me know, and there might be an extension. I will open with the story of someone getting killed (or saved) and then open the floor for accusations. This is the most interactive part. Everyone that is still alive will discuss who they want to lynch. This is when the cop (or the counterclaim/fake cop) will present their cases, and anyone who "just has a hunch" can voice theirs. Everyone will be required to POST their votes in the thread, and whoever garners the most hate votes is killed off. Mafia wins if they outnumber the villagers or it is 1 and 1, and village wins if they kill the mafia.

For the first game, whenever someone dies, we will post their role. You can play "blindly" but this is a toes-in-the-water game. So, you can keep track of who's what and how many mafia are left to be killed. Roles will still be posted this game, but in the future it will be more complex.

RULES ON SITEMAILS:
All sitemails must also be sent to me. During the night, ONLY the mafia may sitemail each other. If anyone else is caught, they will be automatically DQed. During the day, anyone may sitemail anything to anyone. These still must be addressed to me, and for my ease, they must have the username of the reciever in them. I WILL NOT be posting any private sitemails until the game is over, and if there are any juicy/gamechanging ones, you will get to see them.

RULES ON THREAD POSTS:
During the Day, nothing is off limits. At Night, then you may post, but it can't have anything directly to do with the game. Off topic posts are allowed, and posts such as "I miss Arfy. His face didn't deserve to get smashed by a golf club" are allowed, BUT NOTHING ELSE. 

So, Night will be 24 hours and Day will be 24 or maybe 36 hours, depending on how much action this is getting.

Is this clear?? If not, speak now. I don't think I am forgetting anything....
6/17/2012 4:14 PM (edited)
Interested Parties:

1. yoijames
2. ffbplayergod
3. iamthetwo_2
4. Arfy
5. nyaggie98
6. dublinuf
7. polabonez
8. babcick
6/21/2012 11:38 AM (edited)
im in!!!!
6/17/2012 4:51 PM
IN!!!
6/17/2012 6:25 PM
You know I'm there.
6/17/2012 6:31 PM
Why the eff not!  I'm in!
6/17/2012 7:34 PM
I'll win aga...I'll play
6/17/2012 8:12 PM
I'll play. Can we preemptively lynch Arfy?
6/17/2012 8:36 PM
I'll play if you need one!
6/17/2012 9:31 PM
i'll give it a go.
6/17/2012 10:49 PM
Well... That's 8! Sweet! Night 1 will begin tonight, after I send sitemails. If you are mafia, you will receive a sitemail with your partners name. Doc and cop will just receive a sitemail stating their role. The other four will not receive a sitemail (Arfy, I did that on purpose last time for a twist. You were the only townie I sent a sitemail to lol).

I pick using a random number generator so there is no bias.

Let the games begin!
6/18/2012 8:13 AM
I didn't know random number generators could work with that small of a number.  Seems like I always made it work out the way I wanted no matter what the RNG came up with, but that's just the way we did things when I was working for the government. 
6/18/2012 11:11 AM
Roles have been sent. A  confirmation email that you know your role is asked from everyone who received a sitemail. Then, we begin!
6/18/2012 12:28 PM
1|2|3...28 Next ▸
Mafia Game Redux- Day3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.