Mafia Game Redux- Day3 Topic

Posted by ffbplayergod on 6/20/2012 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Pola, your thought is ALMOST correct. But if you were lying, a SMART cop would not call out your lie so as to not paint a target on his own back. So your claims could be an attempt to draw the cop out, plain and simple. What the cop SHOULD do, is contact everyone that has NOT tried to get him to reveal his identity, as those are the ones that seem suspicious.

I guess you are correct, that it all could be a complete lie on my part and no one would want to call me out... That's another level I didn't think of... However....  I have to place MY Faith in something... and I don't see a Mafia guy LYING about an investigation this early because if I was mafia, I wouldn't want any attention on me at all... Let the people who are posting look suspicious and get lynched, while I waited in the weeds to axe them... right?
6/20/2012 1:02 PM
FYI-Polabonez is a sneaky snake.  He has gone to great lengths in several of these online games(mafia and survivor) to make things go in his favor.  I'm not pointing fingers.  I just want everyone to know what he is capable of.
6/20/2012 1:02 PM
Posted by ffbplayergod on 6/20/2012 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Pola, your thought is ALMOST correct. But if you were lying, a SMART cop would not call out your lie so as to not paint a target on his own back. So your claims could be an attempt to draw the cop out, plain and simple. What the cop SHOULD do, is contact everyone that has NOT tried to get him to reveal his identity, as those are the ones that seem suspicious.
No offense, ffb.. but you just became the most suspicious to me...

You say the COP should not call me out.... but he should contact everyone else???  

That doesn't even make sense.
6/20/2012 1:03 PM
Or EVERYONE could stand up, to protect the REAL cop? Your story most definitely has holes in it, as pointed out by myself above. And now I am thinking that the 2 NOT to trust are yourself, and arfy... as you are the only 2 attempting to out the cop, or Dirty Harry. Townies unite, and protect our law enforcement... whether you are, or are not the cop... don't let those 2 get to you!

I AM the cop. (Or am I)
6/20/2012 1:03 PM
Posted by Arfy on 6/20/2012 1:02:00 PM (view original):
FYI-Polabonez is a sneaky snake.  He has gone to great lengths in several of these online games(mafia and survivor) to make things go in his favor.  I'm not pointing fingers.  I just want everyone to know what he is capable of.
3 Survivors... 3 Top 10s with a 1st and second place.

I completely agree with this statement.

However this is not Survivor.  And I'm the only one so far who has come up with some REAL information.  Information that could be pointed out if it was untrue.  Everyone elses "I'm not Mafia" claims are just crap, IMO
6/20/2012 1:04 PM
I'm going to wait for others to chime in on their thoughts.

In my mind, I am completely right... and for all I know I could be having a conversation with the two mafia members.  
6/20/2012 1:05 PM
How doesn't it make sense? TWO people have come off as VERY suspicious. If the cop wants to protect himself, then he needs tto find the right protection. And now, neither you, arefy, or myself I guess (according to you at least), could be considered trustworthy. What we need is a way to weed out the snakes from the housecats.
6/20/2012 1:07 PM
Posted by ffbplayergod on 6/20/2012 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Or EVERYONE could stand up, to protect the REAL cop? Your story most definitely has holes in it, as pointed out by myself above. And now I am thinking that the 2 NOT to trust are yourself, and arfy... as you are the only 2 attempting to out the cop, or Dirty Harry. Townies unite, and protect our law enforcement... whether you are, or are not the cop... don't let those 2 get to you!

I AM the cop. (Or am I)
Is that a serious claim? 

If so, who did you investigate? 

If not, why would you lie about it when it only hurts the townspeople.

I will NOT reveal the identity of Dirty Harry.. or he who claims to be Dirty Harry, which could just be Joe Friday... He can.... I won't.
6/20/2012 1:07 PM
You have to look at this as if you were me.  Why would I throw that story out there and my name out there if it was made up. .... If I was the Mafia, and just threw out all of that information, knowing damn well that the real cop was out there , I would be slitting my own throat.
6/20/2012 1:10 PM
Again, I decided to stand up first and make the claim to be the cop, so as to protect the cop. I might be, and then again, I might not be. But one thing is for sure... you and arfy are certainly making pathetic attempts to get the cop to out himself to one or both of you.
6/20/2012 1:12 PM
I don't want the cop to reveal himself.  The cop should be working with one person.  The person that was investigated and he knows to trust.  Investigate me COP, and we will get to the bottom of this!
6/20/2012 1:16 PM
Posted by Arfy on 6/20/2012 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I don't want the cop to reveal himself.  The cop should be working with one person.  The person that was investigated and he knows to trust.  Investigate me COP, and we will get to the bottom of this!
And if I was mafia....this would be a very idiotic thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(asking to be investigated)
6/20/2012 1:17 PM
Posted by ffbplayergod on 6/20/2012 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Again, I decided to stand up first and make the claim to be the cop, so as to protect the cop. I might be, and then again, I might not be. But one thing is for sure... you and arfy are certainly making pathetic attempts to get the cop to out himself to one or both of you.
Then answer the question... Who did you investigate?

I am about ready to cast my vote for the lynching.....

EDIT:  I just thought of how funny this **** would be if neither of you two are mafia to the two mafia members who are just sitting back laughing their *** off.  We need to hear from some other people.

6/20/2012 1:26 PM (edited)
Posted by polabonez on 6/20/2012 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ffbplayergod on 6/20/2012 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Then answer the question... Who did you investigate?

I am about ready to cast my vote for the lynching.....

Why would he reveal this if he was COP?
6/20/2012 1:26 PM
Because if he's claiming COP already what's the difference?  The only reason you wouldn't want to say you investigated someone is to give up the identity that you were the COP.  If he is CLAIMING to be COP, which I can say for certain that ffbplayergod is NOT the Dirty Harry that I am referring too... than why wouldn't you want to say who IS or ISNT Mafia? 

Unless its a FAKE COP claim.  And who would want to fake the COP?
6/20/2012 1:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...28 Next ▸
Mafia Game Redux- Day3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.