Baseline Prestige Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by zorzii on 2/12/2019 11:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/11/2019 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by WardoYT on 2/11/2019 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 2/11/2019 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Its dead benis. We are just the stupid flies buzzing around the rotting carcass.
Its very well more alive than the last time I join as a first timer.
Yup. 36 people in D3 Phelan. Looking pretty strong.
Recruiting has killed the game. Rolls and luck, EES luck also. D3 is a desert with few teams waiting on forever on recruits.
D-3 recruiting is retarded.

There is more luck involved than actual strategy.
2/12/2019 1:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Actually with only 36 in D3 Phelan, I'm now more apt to dip down from D1 so i can maybe reach my first Final Four.
2/12/2019 4:03 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/11/2019 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by WardoYT on 2/11/2019 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 2/11/2019 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Its dead benis. We are just the stupid flies buzzing around the rotting carcass.
Its very well more alive than the last time I join as a first timer.
Yup. 36 people in D3 Phelan. Looking pretty strong.
For those interested, we are up to 70 coaches in D3 Phelan. And 140 coaches D1! The game is very well alive...hopefully alive enough to carry into the next update in a few years.
4/17/2022 9:53 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 8/26/2015 1:12:00 AM (view original):
So i know noone really knows how this works compeltely, but is there like numerial values for post season results and such and certain number values that equate to a Baseline letter prestige?

I find it interesting there only 1 A baseline(maryland) 7 B+ and 3 D+ compared to 42 B 62 C and 168 D with 0 C+, C-, and D-

Is there any reason that baseline prestige and how it works is not told to us, its a pretty major factor at D1 and it seems the knowledge withheld is very important while also not giving advantages to players besides know where schools are exactly and how baseline prestige works.  As we already know the better the baseline prestige you have a better shot at higher prestige and recruiting bonuses basically

"I find it interesting there only 1 A baseline(maryland) 7 B+ and 3 D+ compared to 42 B 62 C and 168 D with 0 C+, C-, and D-"

I think Maryland is A+ baseline? Most of the schools listed at B+ are actually B (Pittsburgh, Villanova, Tenn, Arkansas). Not clear on Virginia, OSU, Purdue and don't feel like looking at it. We figured out Colonial are C-. And Big West are D+. WIS should probably release this info though.
4/17/2022 9:55 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 4/17/2022 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 8/26/2015 1:12:00 AM (view original):
So i know noone really knows how this works compeltely, but is there like numerial values for post season results and such and certain number values that equate to a Baseline letter prestige?

I find it interesting there only 1 A baseline(maryland) 7 B+ and 3 D+ compared to 42 B 62 C and 168 D with 0 C+, C-, and D-

Is there any reason that baseline prestige and how it works is not told to us, its a pretty major factor at D1 and it seems the knowledge withheld is very important while also not giving advantages to players besides know where schools are exactly and how baseline prestige works.  As we already know the better the baseline prestige you have a better shot at higher prestige and recruiting bonuses basically

"I find it interesting there only 1 A baseline(maryland) 7 B+ and 3 D+ compared to 42 B 62 C and 168 D with 0 C+, C-, and D-"

I think Maryland is A+ baseline? Most of the schools listed at B+ are actually B (Pittsburgh, Villanova, Tenn, Arkansas). Not clear on Virginia, OSU, Purdue and don't feel like looking at it. We figured out Colonial are C-. And Big West are D+. WIS should probably release this info though.
The problem is that there are degrees of every prestige. Every B isn't the same. One team could be a borderline B/B+ and another could be B-/B, but they are treated equally.

Just giving us the letter grade baselines is helpful but won't tell the whole story. And I'm doubting they give us the actual hard numbers.
4/18/2022 2:20 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Baseline Prestige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.