Imagine if all the greatest coaches, the ones who had won 30, 40, 50 championships, got together for a slugfest. What if they all pitched in a 5 pack to a dummy account, and whoever came out of the slugfest on top won?

Well, that's not exactly what's happening here. At least the coaches (although we do have slid64er, he's balanced out by nauds3000). But, we have gotten together and decided that in addition to the Heisman Challenge (OCCUPY HEISMAN!!) we will pick up a team in another world and go at it.

So, here is what we will be doing (adapted from Reid's post a few months back):

The only rule would be that the coach has to pick a team that has been a SIM for at least 5 seasons.  It would mean starting out t DIII.  Then after say 6 seasons move up to DII.  If we place a point value on our rankings at the end of the season we could actually have some sort of measure.

We set up a dummy account and every coach throws in a 5 pack.  When everyone has paid up, the account is given to a neutral caretaker (jibe, in this case. We might ask another guy to help out too, just in case jibe gets any ideas) who changes the password.  When the series is over, the caretaker gives the password to the winner and the winner can transfer all the seasons to his account.  We reup for D2 and repeat the process.

What we will most likely do is once we reach D2, we will not do a rebuild, but have a drawing for who gets what team. Not quite sure how that would work. Another idea is to have a draft, where the team placed last in the previous challenge gets to choose their team first. Which would mean me.

Anyhoo, the contestants are:
1. slid64er
2. nauds3000
3. babcick
4. caesari
5. mojolad
6. jfootball88

The last two spots remain open, and we have sent out invitations to the two guys this challenge was initially extended to. If they decline, however, we will need two more contestants, so anyone interested is welcome to post in this thread or shoot one of us a sitemail. 

Happy Trails!

8/8/2012 5:47 PM (edited)
Im in.  As long as it is in world I dont have a team; Warner, Yost or Hayes. Sounds like Fun.  PS: If you need another caretaker/honest guy to handle the credits I can highly recommend Badaxe.
7/31/2012 1:30 PM (edited)
The only worlds ruled out so far are Yost, Heisman, and Leahy, I believe.
7/31/2012 1:30 PM

Sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to the results

7/31/2012 3:06 PM
My suggestions:

Season 1 - W = 1 point
Season 2 - W = 2 points
Season 3 - W = 3 points
Season 4-7 - W = 4 points
Points correspond to the number of classes you have in the team.  i.e. Season 2 = FR and SO = 2 points.
I like 7 season so that there are more seasons where you have an entire roster of your own players.
Ties split the pot.

When we move up do D2, let everyone apply to any job they are qualified for, the scoring system should even things out by the time we're ready to tally up for the D2 period.
7/31/2012 3:51 PM (edited)
Here's Jfootball's chance to show he's the greatest coach ever
7/31/2012 3:53 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 7/31/2012 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Here's Jfootball's chance to show he's the greatest coach ever
I would think that jfootball shoudl be a lock to win this. lol

If he's not too scared to put his money where his mouth is.
7/31/2012 5:14 PM
I'm in send me a ******* invite....
7/31/2012 5:25 PM
Glad you all remembered my name ....my only concern would be the guy holding the package of 30 + seasons.....
7/31/2012 5:26 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 7/31/2012 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Glad you all remembered my name ....my only concern would be the guy holding the package of 30 + seasons.....
Jibe is very trustworthy and has the account. We may ask him to share the info with one other person to make it more secure.

Some of us have already sent the money in, if that makes you feel better.
7/31/2012 5:28 PM
Only stipulation I would like is bacick refers to me as daddy if I beat him more than he beats me during the first 6 seasons lol
7/31/2012 5:28 PM
I'm really not to hot on the idea of sending money to some random person I don't know. I'm down to join but something with the money has to be more secure otherwise I will not send Jibe 5 free seasons.
7/31/2012 5:32 PM
JF I thought we were getting along man.
I'm not playing that game with you.
Hope you join because I think it will be fun not a bunch of bull crap insults.
Now smack talk fine but keep it within the game.
7/31/2012 5:49 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 7/31/2012 5:32:00 PM (view original):
I'm really not to hot on the idea of sending money to some random person I don't know. I'm down to join but something with the money has to be more secure otherwise I will not send Jibe 5 free seasons.
Unless I die during this challenge your seasons are safe with me and I'm sure in that case WIS would help get into the account. But regardless whatever, if everyone wants someone else, if you all want multiple people holding these it don't matter to me.

One of the reasons I told caesari I would do this and not play is that my love for this game has lessened in the last month and if I won, which I feel confident I would do, I just have no interest in winning 5 or 6 five packs of GD. jibe and jibe717 have played mostly for free for the last 3 years anyway. So...........do what you wish. I'm fine with holding the account or not.
7/31/2012 6:06 PM
I will get my 5 seasons as soon as you tell me Im in and that it wont be in a world I have a team in.
7/31/2012 6:27 PM
1|2|3...26 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.