Perfect!!

8/4/2012 12:45 PM
Posted by caesari on 8/4/2012 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bhouska on 8/4/2012 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 8/4/2012 1:06:00 AM (view original):
How would you manage a tournament bigger than this size??
I wouldn't consider it a "tournament".
Okay, how would you manage a competition/challenge larger than this size?
I guess I don't understand the challenge.  I thought it was adding up the wins/playoffs/championships/etc. for all the teams over a certain amount of seasons, right?

I don't consider that a tournament.

So I guess I don't see why it has to be a certain amount of teams involved.

8/4/2012 7:08 PM
Well, head to head is going to be one of the biggest factors. So having more than 6 teams means you can't do simply OOC with everyone.

And i used the wrong word, I guess it's not really a tournament. But at the same time, you need definitive scoring and H2H matchups, so having too many would hinder this I believe.

Am I just yammering and not making sense? Im not sure I am being coherent.
8/4/2012 8:20 PM
Posted by caesari on 8/4/2012 8:20:00 PM (view original):
Well, head to head is going to be one of the biggest factors. So having more than 6 teams means you can't do simply OOC with everyone.

And i used the wrong word, I guess it's not really a tournament. But at the same time, you need definitive scoring and H2H matchups, so having too many would hinder this I believe.

Am I just yammering and not making sense? Im not sure I am being coherent.
You hardly ever do make sense.
8/4/2012 8:35 PM
I have my team picked.
8/5/2012 9:06 PM
Same with my nose.
8/5/2012 10:15 PM
Gross.
8/6/2012 7:45 PM
 Figure out a way to let more teams in.
Why are we having this on the main forum if we aren't open to all?
8/6/2012 8:15 PM
Do you want us to beg?

Do you have a better place, wisecrack?
8/6/2012 8:20 PM
On the bulletin board of your local grocery ! God I'm so smart :-)
8/6/2012 9:04 PM
 Found a great recliner on the bulletin board at Safeway when I got my
first place out of high school.
A lot to be said about those boards.
8/6/2012 9:18 PM
I found my first recliner on the side of a road outside the projects. My parents were none to happy that it came with a shank hidden inside a tear.
8/6/2012 11:15 PM
One thing to keep in mind when selecting teams is to make sure you are not in the same conference and different division as anyone else (same conference and same division will work fine).  That will screw up the whole concept of playing everyone every season.
8/8/2012 12:35 AM
Slid64er: Don't mean to seem slow but I don't see why same Con/Dif  div won't work while Same Conf/Same Div will work.  Please explain. 
    One other thing is : This rule may be impossible to stick to if we all go willy nilly after the team we want. If we do it this way we won't know what Conf/Div we will be in until it's too late.  
               I think we are gonna have to share who we are going after Before we go after them.  And I would Not put them in this forum because that may spur some others, newbys especially, to go after the team we are interested  in figuring we know how to spot a good one.  Another way might be a lottery pick order where we take turns picking a team based on some lottery so that we can make sure this will work. 
                       Perhaps Im being a bit too picayune here.   But we do have to find a way to all sign up so it will work.  Random taking of teams can lead to it not working.
                            Those participating Please Give Your Input.  I will go with the majority.
8/8/2012 9:34 AM
mojo, if we do same conf/ different div, then the sim schedules the conference, and we will not be guaranteed a game every season.

I'll be the first to disclose the teams I am looking at- Beloit and Lebanon Valley.
8/8/2012 11:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...26 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.