My preference for scoring updated: 1 point per win over other challenge teams. No increase of points per season(2 points for season 2, 3 for season 3, etc. as  Slid64er mentioned). 
         I dont see where a game won vs other Challenge team in season 1 is worth any less than one won in season 3.
And no points for any title (CC or NC) or playoff games.
8/29/2012 12:41 AM
Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen of Bryant now officially have a new coach!
8/29/2012 8:48 AM
Lol. Now go to a gay bar and stick your finger in a d!ke   :)
8/29/2012 12:15 PM
There is an unexpected challenge opening. Anyone interested is welcome to join.
8/29/2012 2:34 PM
Who's not in ?

8/29/2012 4:10 PM
 Me. MIsmanaged my month and will be a few days away.
Thought I had more time,Sorry
8/29/2012 4:18 PM
Babcick has the dates mixed up, he will still be able to participate.
8/29/2012 6:52 PM
Nice- only two humans on my schedule, and one has never played GD before. Things are looking good for the first season, with 16 scholarships and a world of opportunities.
8/29/2012 6:58 PM
We have to decide the scoring. How to score and for How Long before someone can claim the prize. And we have to decide before the season starts. 
I dunno how to get everyone to agree since we have differing opinions.
8/29/2012 11:22 PM
1 point per W in OOC vs other participants.  No CC or playoff points.  I'm fine with that, it's pretty clean and straightforward.  Anyone have an issue with this?

Has anyone heard from jfootball88?  Big hat, no cattle?

Does jibe have everyone's GC?
8/29/2012 11:22 PM
It's true, so we have to compromise.

I still think AT LEAST a national championship should count for something. I mean, that is the goal of the game. So perhaps, at least, bonus points?

I think if we stay at our schools six seasons (5 where we play each other+this first one) we have enough to go off of. 
8/29/2012 11:24 PM
I would prefer 7 seasons.  Odd numbers work better and 7 gives you 4 seasons without SIMs, giving us more than half of the measuring period where there are pure, recruited rosters.
8/29/2012 11:27 PM
How bout an extra point for a NC ?  I can see that since an NC is so hard to get so you get a bonus point. Every 1 point in this challenge is important since there is a big payoff for the winner.
   Other than that it is 1 point a win only vs other Challenge opponents ?
                 Can we agree to this ?
       Number of seasons to accumulate the points I must admit I  dont care how long as long as we agree. So you guys work it out. If you want me to be a tie breaker  then I will give my 2 cents.
8/30/2012 12:14 AM (edited)
1 point for win vs Challenge opponents in OOC
1 point for NC
7 seasons

If there's a difference of opinion, please speak up before recruiting starts.

I say no points for Challenge opponents in playoffs.  The bracket can get stacked and skew results if one team is in one bracket and everyone else is in the other bracket.  The solo team may be the best but will get less points because everyone else is on the other side.  I think its too random to take a chance on this.
8/30/2012 1:39 AM
Posted by slid64er on 8/30/2012 1:39:00 AM (view original):
1 point for win vs Challenge opponents in OOC
1 point for NC
7 seasons

If there's a difference of opinion, please speak up before recruiting starts.

I say no points for Challenge opponents in playoffs.  The bracket can get stacked and skew results if one team is in one bracket and everyone else is in the other bracket.  The solo team may be the best but will get less points because everyone else is on the other side.  I think its too random to take a chance on this.
I can live with this Just As It Is !  You have my vote. 
         Please accept or reject this guys. We do have to finalize a method of scoring.   
            I figure if 3 or more accept(and we have 2 now) than it should fly because you will have a majority.
8/30/2012 3:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...26 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.