Yarnell Invitational 60 Topic

So I'm going on vacation for a week in Gulf Shores Alabama. Leaving this Friday and trying to get this out of the way ahead of time. I'll have my iphone and ipad and expect to only login to HD early in the mornings and sometimes late in the evenings. So post here or sitemail me if you accept your invitation.

This will be the 19th season of The Yarnell Invitational (named after Yarnell Ice Cream in Searcy, AR). As always, it'll be a 6 team round-robin tournament that'll occur in weeks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the non-conference schedule. Harding University will be the tournament host. The defending champ from the previous year is an automatic qualifier. The remainder of the field is invitation only based on alblack's dynasty rankings. Link to latest and greatest is at:

http://bit.ly/QvWwTs

IF YOU ARE AT OR CLOSE TO THE TOP OF THE DYNASTY RANKINGS AND INTERESTED IN PLAYING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, KEEP NON-CONF GAME #'s 5 THROUGH 9 OPEN UNTIL NOTICE THIS TOURNAMENT IS FULL.

Formal Invitations will be sent out sometime after job application period is over, but you can reply now if you plan to play in this tournament.

FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game #5: #5 @ Host, #2 @ #1, #4 @ #3
Game #6: Host @ #4, #1 @ #5, #2 @ #3
Game #7: #3 @ Host, #1 @ #4, #5 @ #2
Game #8: Host @ #2, #3 @ #1, #4 @ #5
Game #9: #1 @ Host, #2 @ #4, #3 @ #5

Defending Champ: Longwood [CVAC]
Host: Harding [GulfSouth]

Formal Invitations extended to the following schools:
Bowie State [CIAA]
Northeastern State [Lonestar]
St Marys TX [Heartland]
Wisconsin-Parkside [GLV]

Next in line:
Belmont-Abbey [CVAC] - would need Longwood to decline.
Indianapolis [GLV] - would need Wisconsin-Parkside to decline
Seattle [GNAA]
Erksine [CVAC]
New Jersey Tech [CACC]
8/1/2012 3:30 PM
I'm in.....though we will probably not do very well. 
8/1/2012 3:47 PM
I'm in.  Glad to be back.
8/1/2012 5:54 PM
St. Mary's TX is in.
8/1/2012 8:40 PM
Parkside is appreciative of the invite but will pass at this time.  Thanks.
8/1/2012 10:23 PM
Waiting on Bowie State. Invite sent to Indianapolis.
8/1/2012 11:53 PM
I'll be back.
8/3/2012 7:15 AM
Indianapolis lost their coach. Invite sent to Seattle
8/3/2012 2:52 PM
Posted by hackerhog on 8/3/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Indianapolis lost their coach. Invite sent to Seattle
I heard they fired him after he quit.
8/3/2012 5:26 PM
I'm in. Let's do this
8/3/2012 5:55 PM
FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game #5: Longwood @ Harding, Ne St @ Bowie St, Seattle @ St Marys
Game #6: Harding @ Seattle, Bowie St @ Longwood, Ne St @ St Mary's
Game #7: St Mary's @ Harding, Bowie St @ Seattle, Longwood @ Ne St
Game #8: Harding @ Ne St, St Mary's @ Bowie St, Seattle@ Longwood
Game #9: Bowie St @ Harding, Ne St @ Seattle, St Mary's @ Longwood
8/5/2012 11:40 AM
LOVE Gulf Shores. Go there almost every summer. You staying in a condo or a beach house?
8/6/2012 8:24 PM
So seattle screwed up and scheduled chico in the #9 spot where I'm suppose to play him.  I sent out an invite to play him in the #1 spot.  Hopefully this still works.
8/8/2012 11:30 PM
Yeah I kinda dropped the ball on that one
8/9/2012 1:51 AM
So whats the deal here?  Bowie has yet to except my game request and has also scheduled the wrong team in the 7th spot of his schedule.  At this point I don't see this working out correct for next year.  Looks like people are commiting but not following through with there scheduling.
8/22/2012 1:13 AM
123 Next ▸
Yarnell Invitational 60 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.