Predictions / The Official Jinx Thread Topic

Posted by thejuice6 on 8/6/2012 12:01:00 AM (view original):

I'll make some predictions.  It's not like I can jinx my team any more than they already are (by having me as their owner):

$70M Theme - BRAVE STRANGERS - 70 Wins

$80M Theme - A WING AND A PRAYER - 75 Wins

$90M Theme - 2009 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - 75 Wins

$100M Theme - 2002:  BOS / TEX / LAD / MIL / MON - 82 Wins

$110M Theme - THE SILVER BULLETS - 42 Wins

$120M Theme - FOUR-LEAF CLONER (Mordecai Brown, Mariano Rivera, Rogers Hornsby and Bill Dickey) - 87 Wins (and my only possible playoff team)

(and to think - the above predictions are me being hopeful...lol)

REALITY:

$70M Theme - BRAVE STRANGERS - 76 Wins - Not too far off.

$80M Theme - A WING AND A PRAYER - 64 Wins - Much worse than I thought.

$90M Theme - 2009 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - 67 Wins - Worse than I thought.

$100M Theme - 2002: BOS / TEX / LAD / MIL / MON - 86 Wins - Again, not too far off (my only team to make the playoffs).

$110M Theme - THE SILVER BULLETS - 81 Wins - A heck of a lot better than I thought - but still not even close to sniffing the playoffs.

$120M Theme - FOUR-LEAF CLONER (Mordecai Brown, Mariano Rivera, Rogers Hornsby and Bill Dickey) - 65 Wins  - possible playoff team, my butt.  I consider this team to be fortunate to have won 65 games.  My Mordecai's were pitching on fumes for the entire second half of the season.

Overall, not too far from what I thought - I've got a long way to go before I can ever see myself getting near the "Cage"...

9/30/2012 4:49 AM
◂ Prev 12
Predictions / The Official Jinx Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.