Seahawks! SUPER BOWL Champs! Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2015 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Surely you don't think Wilson was a positive.

His picks were picks because he just threw 'em and hoped the receiver made a play.   Even the two point conversion should have been picked/slapped down.    Special teams won that game in spite of Wilson.
I am not going to disagree that Wilson had a rough day. Two of the picks though were on balls in the hands of receivers that were deflected...those are not on Wilson. The two deep balls, sure. This game certainly was the result of Packer failures to finish in the first half. But, Wilson did not get down on himself and when they absolutely HAD to have him make plays...he made some really, really good ones. I know that you argue that player evaluation has to be more than just the numbers (baseball thread) and today, you saw the intangibles of Wilson...and the awesomeness that is Marshawn Lynch....and a defense and a team that just refuse to quit. At the end of the day though, Wilson had more yards passing than Rodgers on fewer attempts and fewer completions.
1/18/2015 8:01 PM
I've said plenty of times that Wilson plays the way SEA needs him to play.  He can go 13-18 for 138 yards and have a good day.    He can't dig a hole, give GB good field position, make a couple of plays late and get credit for a win.   He was horrible today and SEA won in spite of him.   Fortunately for Wilson/SEA, GB played poorly when mediocre play would have locked up the game.
1/18/2015 8:30 PM
Wilson was horrible in the first half, no argument there. What about the second half? What about when they had to make two TD drives? Was he horrible then?
1/18/2015 8:36 PM
Why did they HAVE to make two TD drives late in the game?    Because he was so horrible before?    You don't get credit for digging yourself out of the hole you create.
1/18/2015 8:56 PM
well, we will have agree to disagree on that then...I think over-coming adversity, even if self-inflicted, is worth something. Stay positive, stay focused, no pity-party, man up, see it through to the end. Wilson did all those things. Do you think Rogers played a better game?
1/18/2015 9:06 PM
Worst game of wilsons career... miracle comeback... Defense had s pretty solid game... We will probably be 3pt dogs in SB
1/18/2015 9:57 PM
SEA 27
NE 13

NE will not be able to run on us and if we get pressure on TB it could be an ugly win
1/18/2015 9:58 PM
Hahahaha
1/18/2015 9:59 PM
Sucktacular game by GB. Kicking FGs at the 1. Not advancing the ball after an INT. The onside recovery fail. Defense getting shredded by Marshawn Lynch.
1/18/2015 10:24 PM
don't forget the pathetic inability to stop the 2 pt conversion......can't say Clinton-Dix had a bad day, but that play was absolutely horrible
1/18/2015 11:17 PM
God is a Hawks fan...
1/19/2015 2:07 AM
where ever she is
1/19/2015 6:44 AM
Could Sherman have played up his injury any more?

And I like Rodgers running out of bounds and limping the last step like he suddenly remembered "OH ****!!!  I'm supposed to be injured!!!  How can I be Curt Schilling if I don't limp?"
1/19/2015 10:50 AM
Hawks 35

Pats 20
1/30/2015 1:40 PM
whatever happened to Mudbone?
1/31/2015 11:17 AM
◂ Prev 1...48|49|50|51 Next ▸
Seahawks! SUPER BOWL Champs! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.