I have a question.  Does WIS greatly downgrade pitchers who were used almost exclusively in relief when you use them as starters?  My Wallbangers have Rollie Fingers whose actual stats are 116 IP and a .87 WHIP.  When I drafted the team I wanted Rollie to start about 10 games throughout the season.  So far he has started 8 games and in every game he got shelled.  His stats are as follows

SP/RP       IP             ER         H          HR        BB        ERA

SP             19.9         51          42         8           28         23.07
RP             62.2        24           61        1            16          3.47

This does not seam like a coincidence to me, it seams like a trend.  Has anyone else experienced something like this?  As you might guess the Wallbangers are 0-8 in those games.  So much for strategy.
10/5/2013 10:11 AM (edited)
You got me, Ken.  This sounds like a question for the SIMLEAGUE BASEBALL Thread where one of those brainy guys can answer it...
10/5/2013 10:16 AM
Posted by kstober on 10/5/2013 10:11:00 AM (view original):
I have a question.  Does WIS greatly downgrade pitchers who were used almost exclusively in relief when you use them as starters?  My Wallbangers have Rollie Fingers whose actual stats are 116 IP and a .87 WHIP.  When I drafted the team I wanted Rollie to start about 10 games throughout the season.  So far he has started 8 games and in every game he got shelled.  His stats are as follows

SP/RP       IP             ER         H          HR        BB        ERA

SP             19.9         51          42         8           28         23.07
RP             62.2        24           61        1            16          3.47

This does not seam like a coincidence to me, it seams like a trend.  Has anyone else experienced something like this?  As you might guess the Wallbangers are 0-8 in those games.  So much for strategy.

When determining how many pitches you should set for each pitcher, you should look at their IP/G RL stats and assign approximately 15 pitches per IP.

Your 1981 Rollie Fingers only had 1.66 IP/G so I would expect somewhere around 25 to 30 pitches that he could throw in a game before in-game fatigue sets in.

So the only way I think you could even start him without him getting lit up is have him set to the absolute minimum of 40 TPC/MPC (and even then I would expect a drop-off in performance as a starter).

10/5/2013 12:35 PM
◂ Prev 12345

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.