Scholarship messages Topic

Thanks.  I think it still needs some work and any input from folks on my categorization of the messages would be great.  I thought if done well, it can be used much like the High vs. High-High potential spreadsheet.
8/12/2015 9:08 AM
Should the third column be labeled "slightly behind" versus behind and very/far behind. And btw, I too hate when I get the "you're too late" message comes even when I know I've lost the battle. That column is labeled 100-percent correctly.  Nice work.
8/12/2015 12:35 PM
The "behind" columns are not meant to imply one is more behind than the other "behind" column... I just couldn't fit all the mildly behind messages in one column and make it visually appealing... (it would have gone very far down the row). 

I originally had an "even" column, but when looking at the discussion it looks like there really isn't a category for that type of scholarship message.  They all seem to be either be ahead vs. behind ultimately.
8/12/2015 3:16 PM
Here is an updated scholarship list.  it has 20 scholarship messages right now.  Keep in mind, the "behind" messages are just in 2 columns so that the information can be more easily seen.  There are still just 2 categories of "behind" from what I can tell (behind and very behind). 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6nkhTXOzxNFOHlqWnR4TlNPWHN2WWJTYzJQYlZaazNRYzBF/view?usp=sharing
8/12/2015 3:34 PM
Boy, there's a lot of interesting reading in this thread and a lot of passion in some of the messages.  I am trying to get a rock solid starting point for a spread sheet of my own.  Here is what I am considering as rock solid: when I offer the scholarship in the final interval before signings begin, and I am the only school the guy is considering and have been all along, then even if he doesn't sign immediately the message I get is definitely an "AHEAD" message.  Does anyone have a reason to doubt those messages as "AHEAD" messages?  Thanks!
1/31/2016 9:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Scholarship messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.