The Real Dirt, on Dirt. Topic

Very competitive and fun league. Active chat and no annoying banter.

Some good teams able to be picked up. Join up!
8/19/2012 5:57 PM
Very good world!
8/19/2012 8:31 PM
Nice friendly league, and it's rare to feel like you have to veto a trade. Very good parity in the league.
8/19/2012 9:09 PM

Just one question Mr Commish, sir . . .

with all the Hall of Famers and baseball greats' names still available . . . .

how did we end up with a name like . . .

*gulp* . . . .

DIRT ?

8/20/2012 12:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Would you consider an utter newbie?     
8/20/2012 3:03 PM
Posted by rooskie on 8/20/2012 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sermonauthor on 8/20/2012 12:39:00 PM (view original):

*gulp* . . . .

DIRT ?

It is where the games are played and and the grass grows. It is what a batter kicks to cover the plate and a manger kicks at an umpires shoes; not to mention the cerimonious rubbing up of the balls with it and scratching out a nice spot in it in front of the rubber. And never forget it's whay you're going to eat some of when sliding head first into a bag, or the plate. Tha infamous brush back pitch will make you hit it from time to time. Without it what would the game be?

Who knew on top of all his other duties our esteemed commissioner was a poet as well?

Well spoken, sir . . . 

8/20/2012 8:23 PM

*gulp* . . . .

DIRT ?

It is where the games are played and and the grass grows. It is what a batter kicks to cover the plate and a manger kicks at an umpires shoes; not to mention the cerimonious rubbing up of the balls with it and scratching out a nice spot in it in front of the rubber. And never forget it's whay you're going to eat some of when sliding head first into a bag, or the plate. Tha infamous brush back pitch will make you hit it from time to time. Without it what would the game be?
I feel a warmth occurring...rubbing...scratching...eating. I have a strange urge to pick up my wife's copy of 50 shades of gray.
8/25/2012 1:08 PM
Things rooskie will never do:

1. Give you up
2. Let you down
3. Run around
4. Desert you
5. Make you cry
6. Say goodbye
7. Tell a lie
8. Hurt you

8/26/2012 1:52 PM
Posted by mmiller989 on 8/25/2012 1:08:00 PM (view original):

*gulp* . . . .

DIRT ?

I feel a warmth occurring...rubbing...scratching...eating. I have a strange urge to pick up my wife's copy of 50 shades of gray.
Your wife's copy... Suuuuuuuure.
8/26/2012 1:53 PM
8/27/2012 5:11 PM
Only once in baseball history has a major leaguer committed 4 errors in a single play. Yes, it was a pre-1900 player (1895, to be exact). NY Giants 3B Mike Grady tried to field a routine ground ball, but bobbled it (#1). He threw the ball to 1B, but is sailed over the guy’s head (#2), who retrieved it and threw it back to Grady to keep the runner on 2nd. Grady missed the catch (#3), then retrieved the ball as it rolled towards the dugout. He then threw it to the C as the runner sped home, but it sailed over the C’s head (#4). Thus, what should have been an easy out ended up costing a run.

Can anyone guess who died by falling into Niagra Falls? 
8/28/2012 7:51 AM
The first thing I remembers the game that I love. 
A man on the diamond with a golden glove, 
daddy with me in the cheap seats above sayin 'boy keep your eye on the ball'. 
The crack of the bat, the stadiums roar, 
we were up on our feet for the tie-breaking score. 
I said 'daddy I know what you brought me here for' he said 'good I hoped you'd hear the call' 

Life's a fastball, belt high,
coming right down the middle.
Don't stand there and let it go bye 

swing hard and aim for the stands! 

My field of dreams was covered in stone, 
an old gravel Parkin' lot next to our home. 
Dad on the mound until the daylight was gone, 
sayin 'boy keep your eye on the ball' cause it's "hey batter, hey batter, swing batter, swing" the world is an infield always chattering. 
If you don't concentrate they'll spoil your timing, 
and you'll walk away cussing them all. 

Life's a fastball, belt high, 
coming right down the middle. 
Don't stand there and let it go bye, 
swing hard and aim for the stands!
8/28/2012 3:37 PM
12 Next ▸
The Real Dirt, on Dirt. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.