ANOTHER SKANKEE CHEATER Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 8/23/2012 1:57:00 PM (view original):
I think you're way wrong.    Congressmen like to be on the TV especially in election years. 

If the Fed legality of drugs was the real issue, would a player be suspended for 50 games if he tested positive for cocaine?   The answer is "no".   I think it's a 15 day suspension, max, for the first offense.

And what substance is a bigger problem in the US?  
Gunpowder?
8/24/2012 5:23 PM
ANTHRAX?

8/24/2012 5:32 PM

Meaningless rhetoric?

8/24/2012 7:11 PM
Bartolo Colon (P)  OAK  10/29/2012
Colon (suspension) was taken to the hospital after being hit in the mouth by a line drive during a Dominican Winter League game Sunday, MLB.com reports. Colon did not suffer a fracture or lose any teeth, but did need stitches. He is a free agent this winter and is not expected to return to the A's. Colon will miss the first five games of the 2013 season as he finishes serving his suspension for testing positive for testosterone.
10/30/2012 5:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/24/2012 1:47:00 PM (view original):
So, really, you allow the Lord High Poobahs of baseball to determine cheating for you.   OK, fair enough. 
I realize you like to play devil's advocate and stir the pot, but sometimes you just make yourself look like a complete moron. Rules define cheating. If you're talking about ethics, that's something entirely different. No action, in and of itself, is inherently cheating. It's the context of the rules you do it within.

For example: Closed book exam - opening your textbook = cheating. Open book exam - opening your textbook = encouraged.

Tommy John surgery is a corrective procedure. If you can find me someone who's intentionally severed there UCL in an attempt to comeback stronger, I'll give you full props, but I'm quite confident you'll come up empty handed. Stealing signs - frowned upon, but not cheating. Most players will tell you, if someone is flashing obvious signs for you to intercept, then it's their problem. You get caught stealing them, expect a fastball between the shoulder blades.

Another way to look at it is EVERYONE has access to TJS...EVERYONE has access to signs on the field...not everyone has access to steroids, and not everyone wants to risk suspension or imprisonment.

Context determines cheating. If you want to get into an argument of ethics or morality, that's a totally different bag.
10/30/2012 11:05 PM
Since this thread is two months old, I don't know the context of my reply. 

Personally, I think morals define cheating.  The human brain doesn't work the same way for everyone.   That's why identical crimes can have different punishment. 

For me, baseball is entertainment.   So are movies.   Stallone has been jacked up on HGH and 'roids for an eternity.   Doesn't mean I don't like to watch him kick some Ruskie *** in Rambo 27.   The movie would be a lot less fun if he were some shriveled up old man.

So, when a baseball player is taking PED to be a better player(thus making the "movie" better), I don't have a problem.   Morally speaking, I don't think he's cheating.  I think he taking something that allows him to work harder to be a better player and, therefore, be more entertaining.   If he doesn't care what happens to his liver or pancreas in 25 years, I don't care either.

And EVERYONE has access to steroids.   I could get you some by the end of the week and I'm no longer a member of a meathead gym.
10/31/2012 9:01 AM
◂ Prev 123
ANOTHER SKANKEE CHEATER Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.