What will WifS do? Topic

Posted by shobob on 9/13/2013 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Mantle is a world that people want to get in to.  Cobb is not.  You can recruit all you like, but a **** world is not attractive to join.
don't get all the hating on Cobb.  it's a good world, I promise! 
9/13/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/13/2013 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Isn't this about the time we should be seeing a couple of "How do I start a new world?" threads?
Personally I have no problem with WIS allowing a new world.  
They shouldn't  throw the idea out just because there are 10+ worlds that are retarded and not filling.
I dont understand how these tard worlds are able to get anyone to take some of these jacked up teams..  
I was looking to add another team and I looked at a few openings.. The thing I look at when choosing a team is the Commish, Current roster, draft history, trade history and IFA history.  I've seen so many teams that have been filled for one season by a guy and then pilfered via trade rape.. If a world allows this nonsense they have no right complaining about their long waits during the off season.. 
9/13/2013 2:50 PM
Posted by alogman1 on 9/13/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Mantle is a world that people want to get in to.  Cobb is not.  You can recruit all you like, but a **** world is not attractive to join.
Don't mean to hate on Cobb.  I played a few good seasons there, as you might remember.  From what I've heard, though, there's been a bit of controversy there since I left.  If you've cleaned that up or not, I don't know, but a high number of openings year after year is usually an indicator that something smells is all.
9/13/2013 2:53 PM
Posted by shobob on 9/13/2013 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Don't mean to hate on Cobb.  I played a few good seasons there, as you might remember.  From what I've heard, though, there's been a bit of controversy there since I left.  If you've cleaned that up or not, I don't know, but a high number of openings year after year is usually an indicator that something smells is all.
We just rolled over and have 4 openings this season (one owner is late renewing), that's high?  I'd say that's pretty good.  We have a good base of long time owners there.   Plus I just took over as commissioner, so it's even better now ;>  It may not be for everyone, but it's a good world, and I stand behind it. 
9/13/2013 2:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/13/2013 1:55:00 PM (view original):
And what makes world A a world "that people want to get in to" and world B "not"?
Good question.  Having been around here for a few years, I have some of my own ideas about which  worlds are good, and which are bad, based on the reputations of the world, the commish, and members of the of world.  Some more objective measures might be average number of openings per season, parity, and world chat peace.  I'm sure there are some other good indicators of world quality that I am missing.
9/13/2013 3:02 PM
Posted by alogman1 on 9/13/2013 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 9/13/2013 2:53:00 PM (view original):
We just rolled over and have 4 openings this season (one owner is late renewing), that's high?  I'd say that's pretty good.  We have a good base of long time owners there.   Plus I just took over as commissioner, so it's even better now ;>  It may not be for everyone, but it's a good world, and I stand behind it. 
I didn't even look at how many openings you guys have.  4 is a good low number.  I am guilty of talking out my ***.  I don't mean to slag Cobb as it currently stands.  I know that worlds can recover from rough patches -  Yaz world was rocked by a pretty bad collusion scandal back when I took over 18 seasons ago.  I think we've recovered nicely since then, as I consider it to be a top 20 world at this point.  Good luck to you.
9/13/2013 3:08 PM
Someone refresh my memory about contracting worlds.  Don't the owners willing to stick when the worlds are combined get to keep their team's players?  It's just the history that's lost isn't it?
9/14/2013 12:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.