What will WifS do? Topic

Yeah, I am very sure I came off as "Giving" you permission. I personally think you go out of your way to try and make others look inferior to you. I'm not rangerup or any of those other stooges you try to buck up to on the internet. I really don't care what your version of anything is honestly. 90% of the stuff you say on here I totally agree with, I just don't like the way you deliver your opinions on some subjects because you choose to try to make the other person out to be lower than you. Do you think posting my Cooperstown records bother me? No.. And of all people I wouldn't think you throw that in my face after knowing the reason I left  or did you forget? Probably because you're too busy trying to make a point. So you never won just had a 60 win team ever? May I present these two seasons to you?

Cooperstown CHR Charge 9 $98.0M 92-70 (.568) 2 -
Cooperstown CHR Charge 10 $85.6M 65-97 (.401) 3
8/29/2012 9:01 PM
Mike, since there is no "Real" even ground to start off on in any world I will just drop it as you pat yourself on the back for the "Good" job you did in trying to make me out to be some tanker or however you want to spin it. There is nothing you know about HBD that I don't know and I am fine with the fact you allow your ego to get in the way of a discussion.
8/29/2012 9:07 PM
I'll use myself as an example...

I had some early success in public worlds, got into MG and coasted the hell along for a few seasons, so I thought I didn't need to learn about the game. Thought I knew everything. The game drastically changed, and I didn't. All the while, most of my teams went in the toilet, and then....meh, I just wasn't that concerned with winning. All the while, people were learning all the little nuances about the game, I was just coasting still, not paying attention.

So soft tanking even had a worse affect -- I didn't really know what the hell I was doing any more once I had the players. And everyone else around had gotten really, really good. Point being...I'm not sure. But it really put me behind the eight ball in two ways -- one, everyone thought I was a hard-core tanker, which wasn't 100% true, but I certainly didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Now I don't tank, but I still have no clue. But I'm getting better. I think the point is, had I been giving a full effort the whole time, I'd even just know more about the game and its intricacies...
8/29/2012 9:10 PM
Posted by tomhighway on 8/29/2012 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2012 6:44:00 PM (view original):

It's kind of funny/sad when people defend their ****** seasons.   Here goes:

Moonlight Graham ROC Rage 17 $92.9M 65-97 (.401) 4

Earned it.  Made some 5 year signings in S13 to make a run for 4 years.  Knew all along I'd suck balls in S17 when those 5th years came due.   Started a run of 71-83 wins bog that I can't climb out of.   Ugh.

Cooperstown CHR Charge 10 $85.6M 65-97 (.401) 3

Earned it.   I was having a dispute over WC bannings because someone who I refused to let join a world I commish dug 7 pages deep into the WC to find me saying something vaguely offensive.  Without an acceptably outcome, I was done with WifS.   That team was in the pre-season and I didn't want to bog the next owner down with big contracts.  So I sat out FA.   I started applying band-aids to that team when WifS and I agreed that their policy was bullshit.  I've managed to win the division and make the playoffs as a WC a few times since but I've not gotten back to the 90+ win teams I was throwing out there.

Those are my two worst full seasons.  I could have benefitted greatly from "a couple of bad seasons" in both of those worlds.  But that's not how I play because I consider that tanking.

That's fine, you can have your opinion. And you can play however it is you choose to play. But not everyone is going to play to your standards and not everyone has to. There is a reason I enjoy the worlds I play in, a lot of veteran owners in the 3 main worlds but none of them claim their opinion is gospel.
Jeez.  You quoted this post so I assumed you read it.   Are you really making a point by posting my worst Coop season when I already posted it and said I earned every bit of it?

As for why you left Coop, no, I don't remember.  I commish two worlds.  Both have played 20+ seasons.   31 other owners.   I don't remember why every owner who stuck around for two seasons decided to leave.   But I can look at their record when they say "I can keep up with the best" and tell if it's true.
8/29/2012 9:18 PM
Another opinion Mike, by your standards me having that record states I can't keep up. Honestly I can't say things that aren't true so I can't say that I would have had an 80 win season the following season or not but I can tell you this much I sure as hell didn't leave because I couldn't "keep up". The worlds you are in are not so elite that I couldn't win my division or get to the playoffs as often as I have in other worlds. Bad timing, I had to give up my team.. Sorry, I know  you're a busy man and little people like don't matter enough to you. Little people like us are only graced by MikeT when he's trying to insult us or prove a point that he really don't have. Your point from my Coop record is what? I had a 21 game drop from one season to the other? OR is it to say I left AFTER I lost 99 games? 
8/29/2012 9:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2012 9:38:00 PM (view original):
I don't keep notes on every owner.  If that hurts your feelings, I'd say I'm sorry but I'd be lying. 

So you can't say you'd have won 80 the next season(quite the goal) but you can say you can say you'd win your division or make the playoffs as often as you do in other worlds.   Kind of a contradiction, doncha think?

I don't know that I know more or less about HBD than you.  But I know what I know.  You can't say "sometimes it's better to win 50 for a couple of seasons" and then say  "I don't tank."  Unless, of course, you think a goal of 50 wins is satisfactory.   Which, in and of itself, would be kinda stupid.
First, I can't predict exact season totals, I also don't care that you don't remember; I just think if you're going to try to point out something such as me leaving your world that you would at least have the courtesy to remember why before you try to belittle me. 

Yes, Mike what I said is kinda stupid. You are completely right. I know what it is I said and I am not changing my opinion in fear of you trying to make it out to be something it is not. Yes, I do believe I can say what I said about making the playoffs and not be contradicting myself. And no I can't say what my record would have been the following season in Coop because I can't predict the future. You win, Mike.  As fun as it is to read all of the things you say in the attempt of discrediting me I am done with this thread. Have a good one.
8/29/2012 9:53 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
hahahha, MikeT23 is a jerk. but got dam the jerk posts a lot of useful information and he makes me laugh.  what else does anyone really need out of this forum
8/30/2012 10:51 AM
More importantly, I make me laugh.   That's what really counts.

FWIW, being called a jerk on the internet is pretty low on my "OMG!!! Someone doesn't like me!!!" scale.
8/30/2012 10:54 AM
I meant it with affection, a lot of your posts read as you are making fun of whoever you reply to.
and no worries, I like you. Besties?
8/30/2012 10:59 AM
Sure.  I don't take much of this very seriously.   But, largely, people get what they deserve.   We can be BFF if it makes you happy.
8/30/2012 11:06 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2012 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Sure.  I don't take much of this very seriously.   But, largely, people get what they deserve.   We can be BFF if it makes you happy.
8/30/2012 11:18 AM
OK, just don't be disappointed if you show up 2-3 years from now and say "Do you remember our exchange?" and I say "No.   I don't keep notes of every exchange I have in these forums."    I know that hurts some people's feelings so I wanted you do be forewarned.
8/30/2012 2:44 PM
8/30/2012 2:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...23 Next ▸
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.