The Annual 4MBCPMBBT Tournament Topic

voting in progress for the NJAC.  5 of the 9 coaches submitted via sitemail to me, I'll post the results here on Friday morning
9/12/2012 1:04 PM
what are we going to name this tournament? 
9/12/2012 4:12 PM
Let's see ...
New jersey, USA south, st Louis, Illinois and Wisconsin. So we have a Midwestern angle and an east coast angle.

So what could you name an east coast/Midwest challenge?
9/13/2012 8:19 PM
NJAC Rankings

1. Monty St.
2. Kean
3. Wm Paterson
4. Cazenovia
5. Rowan

So looks like:

Westminster at Monty St.
Kean at Fontbonne
Blackburn at Wm Paterson
Cazenovia at Aurora
Dominican at Rowan
9/14/2012 9:05 AM
Sounds good jd, thanks for posting these rankings.  Will, I have no clue what to name the tourney, but you're creative so I have faith in you
9/14/2012 9:09 AM
The I-70? Interstate from midland to the coast?
9/14/2012 8:24 PM
Great American shootout? Crossroads challenge?
9/17/2012 12:00 AM (edited)
How about the Central Coastal Challenge?

Anyhow, fwiw, repmats at Rowan in the NJC just posted in our CC that Dominican in the SLIAC hasn't accepted the challenge request for Game 5 next season, so repmats will be scheduling a SIM from the SLIAC as a replacement team.  It's likely that rnbcats has ghosted his team and won't be back next season.
10/5/2012 5:22 PM
The colossal clash 
10/15/2012 1:15 PM
Seeing as this will be the inaugural season of the (insert name here) Tournament, I think we should pick a name finally. I will throw "Fatal Fourway" into the ring as my choice.
10/24/2012 9:39 AM
What shall we call our marvelous new tournament?

Votes: 18
(Last vote received: 10/27/2012 8:43 PM)
10/24/2012 9:42 AM
I voted for the coveted 4CPBT (as I'd like to call it).
10/24/2012 10:10 PM
It should be "4 Make-Believe Conferences Playing Make-Believe Basketball Together." But, yeah....
10/25/2012 5:59 AM
And the winner is.........

4CPBT, or 4MBCPMBBT.   Whichever you would prefer.   Good luck tonight everyone.
10/31/2012 11:06 AM
Welcome to the 1st annual 4CPBT Tourney!!! In my duties as self appointed captain (I called it first!!!) of the USA South, and my boredom at the moment with work shut down due to Sandy, it's time for a little preview of half the tourney! Let's take a look at The USA South vs the CCIW. Both conferences have started out strong this season. The CCIW is 7th in the land in conference RPI, and earned the respect of the nation when ggallagh made his improbable run to the national title 2 seasons ago. Meanwhile the USA South looks ahead of schedule. Despite not expecting much this season with some very young teams, they currently have the best RPI among the non-big four conferences. So let's take a look at tonight's matchups...

Chowan (8-1, 17) @ Elmhurst (6-3, 152)
Chowan is a tough team to gauge so early, having split their only 2 games against top notch opponents, but they have the defensive talent to play toe to toe with anyone. Manual Groberg's ability to get to the basket is what makes this offense go. Elmhurst features some monster senior big men and a game to game rotation that keeps their opponents guessing. Don't let that early RPI fool you - this team is good. Anyone who takes Beloit down to the wire is going to be a threat. Both teams still have questions to answer, and each could use this win heading into a tough conference schedule.
The line: Chowan +1.

Wheaton (5-4, 93) @ Palm Beach Atlantic (6-3, 19)
Funngun10's kids may be playing with a chip on their shoulders tonight after getting run off the court last night against Montclair St. They certainly have the talent to bounce back strong against Palm Beach tonight, but haven't yet shown it on the court. Palm Beach's 3 losses are all defensible, having all been against top 10 RPI teams; and some big wins are on the books with 3 victories over teams between 10-20. A win tonight would have to make Palm Beach the favorite in the USA South once conference play begins. The battle at the point between Jeffrey Ellsworth and Tommie Cook could decide this one.
The line: Palm Beach Atlantic +7.

North Carolina Wesleyan (8-1, 16) @ Carthage (4-5, 81)
Coach jsajsa has no idea how to explain the good start his high scho... I mean DIII college team has run out to. Teamwork has been the name of the game at NCWC with George Brewster the surprising leading scorer at 10 ppg. Carthage has struggled early on against a tough schedule, but last night's double overtime thriller may be the shock this teams needs to get hot. Watch out for Eddie Lyons' scoring off the bench - he can put on a show any giving night.
The line: Carthage +4.

Wisconsin Luthuran (5-4, 75) @ La Grange (7-2, 55)
Maybe the most interesting game of the night where Lutheran is going to try and win this game with tough D and La Grange is going to try and forget defense exists. La Grange can win any game with its offense, but lose any game with its defense. Lutheran looks more consistent, but without a mega-performance available in the tank. Emmanuel Lisowski comes in averaging just over 24 ppg and Lutheran's ability to stop him could determine the outcome.
The line: La Grange +3.

Shenandoah (5-4, 181) @ Martin Luther (8-1, 77)
uconnut is running an inconsistent squad in the early going, with a impressive win against CMHMS and uninspiring losses to Austin and Jersey City on the books. They have some talent especially on the inside with Bill Kirkland and Maurice Walker, but will that be enough against the founder of the 4CBPT tourney? Martin Luther's offense has looked sharp in the early going, shooting 51% from the floor, led by big men Sammy Bolin (16.2 ppg) and Daniel Roof (14.7 ppg).
The line: Martin Luther +9.

10/31/2012 12:38 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
The Annual 4MBCPMBBT Tournament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.