52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

yeah...unfortunately pickings are gonna be pretty slim by the time it gets to my pick.
8/30/2012 4:39 PM
Not to add insult to injury but. . . waiting until round 6 to draft a decent staring PG is risky business in this league.
8/30/2012 11:39 PM (edited)
nah... there's a bunch of those guys left. i did the same thing.
8/30/2012 7:45 PM
Team evaluations will be coming soon... please take all commits with a grain of salt. Their just one persons opionion.
8/30/2012 9:16 PM
Hey cap want to trade picks next season? That T Mac pick is amazing after the Grant Hill selection. It was my bad for sure for taking Jon Barry over Faried in round six but . . I am very concerned about your squad. Are schizo at all??? The first three picks of yours are what SIM Owners dream of having in this league. Then the next two picks destroyed your Karma. All those missed shots by Grant Hill and T Mac combined with really bad offensive rebounding. Sorry for being so harsh. 
8/30/2012 11:06 PM
Scud I hear you but your squad sure could have used Hinrich instead of Cheeks. Hinrich was snapped up just few picks ahead of you in round 6.
8/30/2012 11:40 PM
vancem, u'r a bonafide lunatic. hinrich over cheeks? good god, man! i'm using the 57%fg, 13 pts a game cheeks at 90 def. what the hell do i want a foul prone, turn over machine like hinrich? he doesn't belong in a 52 mil league. sorry to be so hard. and then i have j.r. and troy and larry for the 3's. no, cheeks was perfect, and he steals the ball a ton.

ok, chris, i'll do an eval for ya
8/31/2012 9:56 AM
22) chris_snid - Jerry Lucas, Bill Walton, Manu Ginobili, Terrell Brandon, Andrei Kirilenko, Mitch Richmond, A.C. Green

it's funny that chris said that my team was one of his favorites because this is MY favorite team so far. at first, i thought this would be a team captained by lucas, but upon further review, this is manu's team. it is built around manu. too bad this guy plays just 2200 mins (or something like that). to pair this dynamo up with t. brandon, this backcourt duo is gonna make chris's socks roll up and down. brandon always outperforms his rl stats in the sim. i'm still puzzled why this guy never goes sooner in draft leagues. perhaps it's his high usage, but for a floor general to give you 3's, dimes and def, is a blessing. and he and mau create a 2-headed hydra that d-up and pass the ball around like a band of monkeys. oh, yeah, they both know how to shoot!

and then chris chooses lucas's best season. great efg%, strong 52mil league boards, and hits free throws. his dimes help the backcourt duo to increase their efg%, which is bad news to any club with average def guards (barros, k, johnson, nash, etc). if you have hinrich, count on him fouling out against this team. haha. then there is some added 52m league def in walton and ak47. damn! though these guys are not scoring dynamos, they are efficient, and careful with the ball. lots of fly-swatting here. a backcourt with high streals, and a couple of shot blockers. i love the 50%, 4 board, 4 dime, ak47 with his 83 def and 40-some 3's. but there are many good versions of ak47 to use. nice, strong sf def in a league where there is bird, marshall, marques, garnett, hill, etc. wanting to take over games.

however, another added strength to this club were the 6th round picks. wow, ac green and that 80 def season. perfect 18% usage, double-diget oreb%, and low t.o.'s and fouls. and mitch richmond who backs-up a low minute stud like ginobili. this means richmond will appear in the top 5, 6th man award. his usage is high to mirror the two-headed hydra, and he shoots lights out 3's. excellent choices off the bench.

this team is scary, like your sister's tattooed boyfriend. there are two areas of concern though, orebs, and a tad bit much on the usage. that is why i think its imperative that chris go with a 16.0 usage version of kirilenko and not one of his 20% versions. it will be interesting to see what version chris does choose. orebs can be bolstered a bit with his remaining picks, so, the jury is still out on that. but more orebs is a must.

as it stands now, i rate chris's a team an A, and a legit repeat contender. nice job!

8/31/2012 10:25 AM (edited)
Scud thanks for the colored updates on the first page. It makes it much easier to see which players are on which rosters . . . and it's a lot prettier to look at too!
8/31/2012 11:11 AM
haha... and i thought u were gonna blitz me for the things i said about hinrich. u'r full of surprises, van. and thanks for the kudos
8/31/2012 11:31 AM
I get to be a jacka$$ here at times which is fun for me. I must admit I haven't seen your comments about Hinrich yet LOL. But I will.

Hinrich does make about 130s. Aren't stacked with enough assists already between Bird, DR J and Gasol? 
8/31/2012 11:41 AM (edited)
Thanks scud for the review. Your right about AK47. I've been debating which version to use. I have a certain big man I want. If he goes undrafted i'll change versions.
8/31/2012 12:16 PM
Chris-  Drazen will get 10 minutes a game at best.  Wanted Marques for the 3 and Wallace at the 2 (ORebs reference) but dh shot that in the foot.  Then again I was looking at Drexler over Wallace for the 2 and he got me there too.... not that they make it to me anyways.
Hang tight... see how it comes together.  Not gonna be a game changer but hopefully ride 500 and squeak in at least.

8/31/2012 2:32 PM

Jakotay, glad to now Drazen will play a limited role. Good Luck on rounding out your team.

8/31/2012 4:18 PM
I am in such a weird position with this draft. Normally I find myself teetering on the brink of a minutes collapse, or breaking down financially. I haven't even used 34 million and I have options. Usually I'd be out on a Friday night, but I work tomorrow morning so there isn't a point in drunken times. I wonder how often people do what I am doing for these drafts? I have been searching the entire database looking for names that pop out, maybe I'll find that diamond in the rough. Anyways I am up to 6.5-7 Mil guys and I'll keep going at it, however the options are scarce and my list only has five guys so far from the max out point to 7.01 Mil. I'll either find two guys and have a tough team to beat, or run out of options, just weird having the options portion.
8/31/2012 8:32 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.