52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

In the last league the evals roasted me for taking Hakeem and E Baylor.  I lost in the finals 4-2.  So much for the evals.
10/23/2012 4:03 PM
to be fair, Baylor is a sim poison and Hakeem is traditionally not a strong pick in the sim to build an entire team around.  You did extremely well, though, so again, I congratulate you.
10/24/2012 4:23 PM
Truth be told, Baylor was my third option, really wanted D Marshall but Coolmay took him.  IMO most players realize efg and rebounding are key, but underrate defense.  I usually have three players at 100.  Therefore, no matter what two position you get the most points from, 100 on defense.  I build my teams around D Wade, because he can play the point at 100.  Then I try to go Hakeem, Erving, Walton, D Marshall with R Bell, Scurry or G Wallace off the bench.  I play around .600 and make the finals in 1/3 of the leagues I play in, but I suck in the finals with only one ring.  I enjoy reading the evals, you get good insight from them; however its like picking the winner of Miss America, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Many ways to skin a cat as they say.
10/24/2012 10:06 PM
agreed completely.
10/24/2012 10:24 PM
Okay ash are you back next season if anybody quits? I just traded all of my picks next season with jethroeg for all of his picks. That gives me the # 1 pick. I'm tired of picking towards the lower end of the draft for the past few seasons. Who should I take at  # 1? George Mikan and Bob Pettit have been suggested. However, I have 3 different players in mind. So who I should take? 

BTW my current squad is facing tarheel1991's team in the conference finals. He has the home court advantage. But the odds (in my mind) are slightly in favor of me doing the evals next season.

Brace yourselves fellas. I've been on CPAP for over 6 months now, been taking vitamin D3 for the last 3 weeks, and have lost 28 LBS since August 3rd. My energy level is sky high and I'm as crazy as ever LOL!
10/28/2012 11:07 PM
Well ash my team won the league title. That's 2 first place finishes, 2 second places finishes, and a few other final 4 finishes. Who would think that you could build a champion in this league around D Wade and Mel Daniels? Looking forward to next season.
11/8/2012 9:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.