believeit updated
8/27/2012 3:57 PM
Posted by reddtrain on 8/27/2012 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Agreed with repicking. Everyone makes mistakes occasionally.

However, if it becomes a recurring issue, I think commissioner discretion comes in.
If the owner can make the change before the final set of picks is in, letting him replace the pick is the right thing to do. If it's the owner submitting the last set of picks who goofs, it's up to you. I'd say a lot depends on how long we've been waiting for that final set of picks.
8/27/2012 4:24 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 8/27/2012 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by reddtrain on 8/27/2012 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Agreed with repicking. Everyone makes mistakes occasionally.

However, if it becomes a recurring issue, I think commissioner discretion comes in.
If the owner can make the change before the final set of picks is in, letting him replace the pick is the right thing to do. If it's the owner submitting the last set of picks who goofs, it's up to you. I'd say a lot depends on how long we've been waiting for that final set of picks.
I would think this is a very intensive theme to monitor.  I know I have blown it and picked someone who was already picked and a stadium or two in the last iteration.  It is very considerate of the commish to notify the individual of his wastedpick but in reality if the blacklists are up to date it is the ultimate responsibility of the individual owners to get the correct picks in.  If the commish wants to notify the owner and has the time to do it bless his heart but no one can be angry if the commish does not do it.
8/27/2012 4:45 PM
In the past when I ran this theme I always tried to contact the owner so they could repick, however I usually told them they only had time until the last set of picks were in. After that it was too late. There has to be some cut off for time or there is no incentive to get it right the first time.
8/27/2012 7:36 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 8/27/2012 7:36:00 PM (view original):
In the past when I ran this theme I always tried to contact the owner so they could repick, however I usually told them they only had time until the last set of picks were in. After that it was too late. There has to be some cut off for time or there is no incentive to get it right the first time.
I agree with this method.
8/27/2012 9:23 PM
In the past we have averaged 1 round per day (during the week) what happened on Monday?  Whats the deal?
8/28/2012 8:54 AM
we usually get more than one round a day.  on the weekends i understand that people have things going on and may not get to a computer often, but during the week you would figure that most people can get to a computer at least once a day.  this pace is killing me Smalls.  whenever i log in i get excited thinking i am going to see the little green envelope icon telling me i have a sitemail (which would mean new round is posted).  needless to say ive been disappointed numerous times in the last couple of days
8/28/2012 9:01 AM
We are waiting on one owner to fix his picks.  I hope that we can start going through at least one round per day.
8/28/2012 9:16 AM
Posted by georgedeer on 8/28/2012 9:16:00 AM (view original):
We are waiting on one owner to fix his picks.  I hope that we can start going through at least one round per day.
I will be leaving for Vegas to do Football auctions all day Thursday & Friday, i will be able to check early Saturday & Sunday and then Monday i will be gone all day. I will try to check and send proxies out to georgedeer.

I will send out 3-4 sets of 6 players and don't worry if they are blacklisted or not because i will play with whats left at the end. I don't mind, my own fault and wont keep this league hanging.

8/28/2012 9:43 AM
I'm with bheid408 and richardr - my comments were more for those times before the last picks were submitted when an invalid pick slips in.
8/28/2012 11:17 AM
Guys-
The owner we're waiting on is an active owner and the commissioner of a league I'm in.  He hasn't opened the sitemail that I've sent him, so I'm guessing that life is getting in the way.  Please be patient.
8/28/2012 11:59 AM
happy- i dont think that anyone has any issue when we know there will be a hold up, at least i dont.  i dont think that anyone should be at a disadvantage because they have real life things going on.  i think the issue is when no one knows what the hold up is or when everything will get moving again.
8/28/2012 12:12 PM
believeit  Jeff Bagwell, Gary Carter, Norm Charlton, Rich Gossage, Teddy Higuera, Curt Schilling
bheid408  Johnny Bench, Tom Herr, Pete Rose, Jose Rijo, Mario Soto, Elias Sosa
bigkochman  Darin Erstad, Johnny Damon, Roberto Alomar, Curt Schilling, Don Sutton, Mike Caldwell
csrb1980  Willie Wilson, Ryne Sandberg, Pete Rose, Bob Tewksbury, Rich Gossage, Joe Niekro
deer454  Jim Rice, Chuck Knoblauch, Brian Harper, Johnny Bench, Cecil Cooper, John Smiley
dlchow Rick Reuschel, Pascual Perez, Rich Gossage, Steve Ontiveros, Rollie Fingers, Willie Hernandez
georgedeer Keith Hernandez, Gene Tenace, Paul Molitor, Kerry Wood, Tom Seaver, Sid Fernandez
go_pre Craig Biggio, Dale Murphy, Ron LeFlore, Mike Sweeney, Jim Kern, Mario Soto
happyhours David Justice, Terry Pendleton, John Valentin, Steve Avery, Mike Mussina, Frank Viola
koyunlu Darren Daulton, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, John Smoltz, Frank Tanana, Pascual Perez
loudawg10 Andy Van Slyke, Dennis Martinez, Dave Stieb, Teddy Higuera, Mike Mussina, John Smoltz
marlowe Jack Clark, Jason Thompson, Ken Griffey Jr., Bobby Abreau, Juan Guzman, Tom Seaver
micki Darrell Porter, Keith Hernandez, Rich Gossage, Rob Murphy, Jeff Montgomery, Rollie Fingers
mllama54 Gary Sheffield, Wade Boggs, Rick Burleson, Ken Forsch, Billy Wagner, Tom Glavine
mosesherzog Wade Boggs, Darryl Strawberry, Doyle Alexander, Mike Dunne, Tom Henke, Frank Viola
parking31 Carlos Delgado, Carlton Fisk, Jim Rice, Joaquin Andujar, Mike Caldwell, Bill Swift
pmars2001 Albert Belle, Gary Sheffield, Scott Rolen, Tom Seaver, Mike Caldwell, Andy Pettite
reddtrain Jim Edmonds, Jeff Bagwell, John Valentin, Jim Thome, JR Richard, John Smoltz
richardr Ken Griffey Jr., Cecil Fielder, Brett Butler, Sid Fernandez, Don Sutton, Trevor Hoffman
szczubelek Mike Redmond, Junior Ortiz, Jason Thompson, Jerry Koosman, Mike Caldwell, Phil Niekro
tjefferson Jeff Bagwell, Albert Belle, Alex Rodriguez, Chipper Jones, Scott Garrelts, Pascual Perez
toysboys Alex Rodriguez, Jack Clark, Wade Boggs, JR Richard, Andy Pettite, Willie Hernandez
uncleal Vlad Guerrero, Alex Rodriguez, Matt Williams, Tim Salmon, Tom Seaver, Mike Norris
uptowngbv Trevor Hoffman, Jose Rijo, Andy Pettite, Tommy John, Bill Gullickson, Mark Gubicza
8/28/2012 4:14 PM (edited)
Hitters Pitchers
Abreau, Bobby Alexander, Doyle
Alomar, Roberto Andujar, Joaquin
Anderson, Brady Appier, Kevin
Bagwell, Jeff Avery, Steve
Bell, Jay Blyleven, Bert
Belle, Albert Brown, Kevin
Bench, Johnny Burke, Tim
Biggio, Craig Caldwell, Mike
Boggs, Wade Carlton, Steve
Bonds, Barry Charlton, Norm
Brett, George Clemens, Roger
Burleson, Rick Cone, David
Butler, Brett Davis, Mark
Caminiti, Ken Deleon, Jose
Carew, Rod Denny, John
Carter, Gary Drabek, Doug
Castilla, Vinny Dunne, Mike
Clark, Jack Eckersley, Dennis
Clark, Will Eichhorn, Mark
Cooper, Cecil Fernandez, Sid
Damon, Johnny Fidrych, Mark
Daulton, Darren Fingers, Rollie
Davis, Eric Forsh, Ken
Delgado, Carlos Foulke, Kevin
Edmonds, Jim Frowirth, Todd
Erstad, Darin Garrelts, Scott
Fielder, Cecil Glavine, Tom
Fisk, Carlton Gooden, Dwight
Foster, George Gossage, Rich
Garciaparra, Nomar Gubicza, Mark
Giambi, Jason Guidry, Ron
Griffey Jr., Ken Gullickson, Bill
Guerrero, Vlad Gura, Larry
Gwynn, Tony Guzman, Juan
Harper, Brian Harvey, Bryan
Helton, Todd Henke, Tom
Henderson, Rickey Hernandez, Willie
Hernandez, Keith Hershiser, Orel
Herr, Tom Higuera, Teddy
Hidalgo, Richard Hoffman, Trevor
Hoiles, Chris Jackson, Danny
Johnson, Howard John, Tommy
Jones, Andruw Johnson, Randy
Jones, Chipper Jones, Randy
Justice, David Kern, Jim
Kent, Jeff Key, Jimmy
Knoblauch, Chuck Kile, Darryl
Larkin, Barry Knepper, Bob
LeFlore, Ron Koosman, Jerry
Lofton, Kenny Maddux, Greg
Lynn, Fred Martinez, Dennis
McGee, Willie Martinez, Pedro
McGwire, Mark McCatty, Steve
Mitchell, Kevin Millwood, Kevin
Molitor, Paul Montefusco, John
Morgan, Joe Montgomery, Jeff
Murphy, Dale Murphy, Rob
Olerud, John Mussina, Mike
O'Neill, Paul Niedenfuer, Tom
Niekro, Joe
Ortiz, Junior Niekro, Phil
Palmeiro, Rafael Nomo, Hideo
Parker, Dave Norris, Mike
Pendleton, Terry Ojeda, Bob
Piazza, Mike Ontiveros, Steve
Porter, Darrell Perez, Pascual
Puckett, Kirby Pettite, Andy
Raines, Tim Reuschel, Rick
Ramirez, Manny Richard, JR
Redmond, Mike Righetti, Dave
Rice, Jim Rijo, Jose
Ripken, Cal Rivera, Mariano
Rodriguez, Alex Ryan, Nolan
Rodriguez, Ivan Saberhagen, Brett
Rolen, Scott Schilling, Curt
Rose, Pete Scott, Mike
Salmon, Tim
Sandberg, Ryne
Seaver, Tom
Schmidt, Mike Smiley, John
Sheffield, Gary Smoltz, John
Simmons, Ted Sosa, Elias
Smith, Lonnie Soto, Mario
Smith, Ozzie Stieb, Dave
Sutton, Don
Strawberry, Darryl Swift, Bill
Sweeney, Mike Tanana, Frank
Tenace, Gene Tewksbury, Bob
Tettleton, Mickey Tudor, John
Thomas, Frank Valenzuela, Fernando
Thome, Jim Viola, Frank
Thompson, Jason Wagner, Billy
Trammell, Alan Wood, Kerry
Valentin, John  
Van Slyke, Andy  
Walker, Larry  
Wilkins, Rick  
Williams, Bernie  
Williams, Matt  
Wilson, Willie  
Yount, Robin  
8/28/2012 4:15 PM (edited)
Trevor Hoffman should be blacked out on me, not that I want him to be, but someone else picked him also :(
8/28/2012 2:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.