Previous coach promised minutes? Topic

thats a poor example mets, in fact, its totally irrelevant. these are two very different situations. in the main point of the thread, we are talking about a player getting 5 minutes less than he wants. he should just take that 5 minutes, and in fact, it should make him work harder. why don't you stick to the point instead of bringing up all this irrelevant stuff? 

anyway, if he didnt want to be redshirted, you could just make him run a hundred laps a day until he tolerates it, and that would just make him work harder so he could get playing time the next season. bottom line, if you want to redshirt him, you could use the redshirt button to determine during recruiting if he will take it or not. so again, this situation is totally different and has nothing to do with the main point of the thread.

and lets be clear about something. you are taking something bistiza said, and totally twisting it. he never said he ought to have total control. he only said that if he wants a player to do something, that player shouldn't do it, and he shouldnt have to deal with the player not doing what he wants the player to do. i dont know if you are saying this as a personal attack or if you are trying to make an analogy and failing miserably. the bottom line is, he never said he ought to have total control, and i don't know if thought he implied it, but bistiza says what he means, and does not imply anything. 

i know how bistiza feels now, it really feels good to give someone such a thrashing. mets, you should just concede this situation has nothing to do with the main point of the thread. as long as you continue to use faulty logic and build on logical fallacies, either myself or bistiza will have to give you another trashing with our superior logic. if you want, we can just agree to disagree. bottom line, nothing you said disproves anything stated in this thread. it was moderately entertaining to read your posts though.
9/7/2012 10:36 PM (edited)
(lol) i needed the entertainment, thanks guys.
9/7/2012 10:47 PM
I just clicked on this thread for the first time- I feel like I have so much I could've contributed.
9/7/2012 10:51 PM
Posted by caesari on 9/7/2012 10:51:00 PM (view original):
I just clicked on this thread for the first time- I feel like I have so much I could've contributed.
Have at it Caesari, it's basically a free-for-all at this point.
9/7/2012 10:55 PM
I don't think even Colonels or (for those who've been around awhile) Swamphawk's threads were THIS one sided.  Maybe the one recently that Whitey started, but he's dumber than a bucket of hair and that thread didn't get anywhere near the length of this one.  If a certain "someone" were a dog, do you think he'd spend all day running in circles chasing his tail?
9/7/2012 11:21 PM
Quote post by bistiza on 9/7/2012 2:03:00 PM:
Posted by bistiza on 9/7/2012 9:02:00 AM (view original):
The thread is this long because the original discussion was good

I agree to disagree on this
Sorry; that's not an option here because I WON'T agree to disagree in this particular instance.

The original discussion was good for a time before certain people sidetracked it (and I'm sad to say, I responded to them). If you disagree, either defend your opinion or acknowledge you have no defense for it.

Quote post by bistiza on 9/7/2012 3:05:00 PM:

Third, I can "agree to disagree" on a great many things, but I won't do it when it's clear the other person doesn't really have a position, as they have nothing to offer to support their position and just want to throw it out there without even trying. I'll give them a fair chance to show they have something of substance to defend their position in case I"m wrong, but if they can't or won't do that, then there's no need to "agree to disagree" with a position that doesn't even actually exist. You can't agree, disagree, or even "agree to disagree" unless there's an actual case being made for another position.

Are you F'n kidding me? No, I don't believe you are.... wish you were. It's called an "opinion" kid. I don't need to 'defend' it or anything else to you. I disagree that this ever was a 'good' discussion, maybe your 1st 1 or 2 posts were decent, then this 'discussion' spiraled into a clown thread. Mostly in part to you. That is my opinion... that IS my position. Agree, don't agree, I don't care... Don't like it, suck it lil guy
9/8/2012 12:29 AM
See, when a group of people disagree with someone, they like to be able to bully that person into agreeing with them too. The only time they have a problem is when that person is not only RIGHT, but has the intelligence, the determination, and the wherewithall to show it.

This has happened throughout history, and I even gave an exmaple of it (Galileo) to illustrate exactly what was going on here.

There is no way any of you are ever going to convince me I'm wrong on the main points of this thread - if you were, you'd have already done it. So there's no need to go on trying.

If anyone actually posts something worthy of a response, I will do so.

9/8/2012 1:17 PM
Well with an attitude like that, of course no one will convince you of anything different.  Having a closed mind (which you obviously do, based on your post above) makes it impossible to have an honest discussion.  You came into this thread with your mind already made up and had already decided that no one, no matter what they posted, could cause you to change your opinion.  Of course, it's tough to debate someone like that.  In fact, it's impossible.  So don't pat yourself on the back too hard about how "good" your debating skills are.  In fact, based on your attitude, your debating skills were and are non-existent.  NO ONE can convince a brick wall that it's not a brick wall.
9/8/2012 2:00 PM
so much for all the work dac did responding to all those threads just to get this off the main page so it can die the death it deserves, but bis just has to go on digging that hole deeper
9/8/2012 2:10 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/8/2012 1:17:00 PM (view original):
See, when a group of people disagree with someone, they like to be able to bully that person into agreeing with them too. The only time they have a problem is when that person is not only RIGHT, but has the intelligence, the determination, and the wherewithall to show it.

This has happened throughout history, and I even gave an exmaple of it (Galileo) to illustrate exactly what was going on here.

There is no way any of you are ever going to convince me I'm wrong on the main points of this thread - if you were, you'd have already done it. So there's no need to go on trying.

Most of your posts aren't worthy of response, but we still humor you. Some people need that.
9/8/2012 2:19 PM
And of course the main point of this thread was settled ages ago. It's generally agreed that players should not all have the same reaction to a lack of playing time. This is convenient because that is already the case. This is wonderful because it means that there really is no point at all to this thread.

Unless, of course, the point is that nothing should happen at Bistiza U. that is beyond bistiza's control. Which makes sense because nothing in life is unexpected and actions never have consequences and people will behave as you require if you crap all over them. Its obvious, really.
9/8/2012 2:45 PM (edited)
Posted by bistiza on 9/8/2012 1:17:00 PM (view original):

Galileo disagreed with the establishment on facts.  You disagree with folks here about opinions.  Galileo is irrelevant.

You now accuse all in the "group" who disagree with bullying you - I take offense.  I think some snippets of what you have said make sense, I disagree with a lot of what you have said and how you approach the game and analysis of the game - but you have not been bullied.  

You now claim to have intelligence?  Well now, when folks disagree with you keep in mind that that isnt a personal attack - if you make the claim, folks can argue about whether it is true.  Could be an interesting thread, think I'll pass on that topic.  

The wherewithal - nope.

9/8/2012 3:02 PM
Oh well. I tried to knock it off the front page again, but no dice is appears ...
9/8/2012 3:40 PM
Oh, man.... no, I was working on it too and started seeing funny things happening with the index.  Something funky was happening with the forums.  If you backed out to the Hoops Dynasty Basketball section, then back to this board, the posts would have shown up in the right order.  If it happens again, check out the last post times.
9/8/2012 3:43 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32
Previous coach promised minutes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.