Help me understand something. Topic

jterrell- I agree with you wholeheartedly with the exception that I enjoed the owners on the site here, although the number of them is dwindling becuase of Fox Sports. I even have been looking for the 1 advocate of SimHockey, Mike Welch and he does appear to have posted in a long time (Is he even still there?) There is NO communication from Fox Sports so they probably figure as long as they are getting revenue from this sim they'll keep it going but they're not putting anything into it. It's really sad because it was enjoyable and at one time I was running 6-10 teams at any given time. No more for me until I hear of changes that's for sure.
10/4/2012 6:06 PM
there was a time in the early years when i was running fifteen to twenty teams at a time.  few years ago i was still running eight to ten.   now i'm down to one ongoing team and occasionally an open team or waiver wire league team.  used to spend hours a day in the forums too, but i only visit them maybe once a month now, if that. 

i too turned to HBD a few years back, and it's the best game on the site.  i currently have four teams.  if they finally got a hockey dynasty going, based on the HBD model, i'd be playing at least three or four teams, if not six or eight.  and the hockey dynasty would cost more, so it'd be a lot more revenue.  but fox sports doesn't really take the site seriously, let alone the hockey sim.  :{
10/18/2012 1:16 AM
Ditto from me......
10/18/2012 11:13 AM
And heck they could use hbds engine, and just slap on some different graphics. I'm sure it wouldn't take that much effort to make it work.
10/21/2012 11:09 PM
Posted by damag on 9/4/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
That's right.  I got into WIS after the last lockout and was surprised to read about the virtual season that was played out... the admin at that time had a TON of activity going on.  I suppose it was really the high water mark for SLH, as all the owners who I looked up to when I was a noob were still here and very active.

I'm not one to dump on corporate ownership... I consider it a necessary evil... despite the fact that I am a victim of corporate restructuring by a soulless monolith bent on reshaping an entire industry in its own vanilla penny-grubbing vision... but really, it's sad to see that all the doomsayers who freaked out when WIS was acquired by Fox Sports have been proven correct for the most part.

Made an inquiry, --->>> more than a month ago...

In that ''virtual season'' sim during the last lockout,
admin seemed eager to show-off their product, &
it's still basically the SAME product, but with a few
more 'higher-defensive-rated' defensemen, which
IS their
''additional'' creation of new product... Ryan
Suter is a year older, & possibly still of Minnesota's
Wild, but, ---WiS created the version we see here...

&, that's it...

Still got no reply from admin, as to when we might
see a RE-creation (SIM) of this un-play'd season...

&, that's it...

Anyone else bent on taking-up the neccessary evil,
of jamming admin to fire-up their own NHL engines
& flashing some SIM numbers from it ???

This is start'n to hurt, ---to ask... (ya' know???)...

12/28/2012 3:40 PM
Interesting discussion. I originally started in March 06. I played fairly regularly for a few years and then not at all. I came back because I thought of a great idea for a theme league...saw that one was already created and joined it.  It appears that not much has changed.  I used to love the theme leagues, but they kept taking longer to fill and then wouldn't fill at all...I got a bit lucky this time I suppose in that in the month since I saw the theme and then got off my but to join, it hadn't yet filled...hopefully no one has dropped out...at any rate, nice to see some familiar names...I don't think I was an HOF when I stopped playing...but I think I am now...so, the standards have slipped...apparently they'll let anyone in these days.  :)
12/28/2012 4:45 PM
Hey all,

Happy New Year. I hope this post finds you all well. Let's hope 2013 is the year Fox Sports wakes up and revilitizes simhockey! They missed out on a tremendous resurgence of the site during the lockout, so unfortunately that may be the epitaph.

Take care
12/30/2012 5:09 AM
◂ Prev 12
Help me understand something. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.