Round 2 Themes Topic

League Name: No Hit, No Run
Salary Cap: $60 Million

Description: All position players on your roster must have real-life batting averages of .250 or below.  None of your position players may have more than 10 stolen bases (10 ok, 11 no good). 

DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
SLL: Not allowed
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: Any ballpark may be used
300K Exception: N/A
Team Name: Anything
Division Alignment: Random

9/3/2012 12:05 PM
Question / Answer $60M Theme
9/3/2012 12:11 PM (edited)

League Name: Progressive / Regressive, Part II
Salary Cap:
$80 Million

Description: The only rule is that you must use the same team you used for round 1, except you must progress or regress each player to the next or previous available season. You do not need to move all 25 players in the same direction. You must use the same ballpark in both rounds.

Ballpark: You must use the same ballpark in Round 2

9/3/2012 12:10 PM
Question / Answer $80M Theme
9/3/2012 12:11 PM

League Name: Two Teammates and Teammates
Salary Cap:
$90 Million

Description: Pick any two players that played on same team in the same year. You don't have to use those specific years for those players. The other 23 players on your roster must be teammates of either of the two players you selected (i.e., you must use a season that they were teammates). You cannot twist the teammates.

Ballpark: Pick a ballpark that either teammate called home at any point in his career.
300K Exception: None
Team Name: Use your two teammates in the team name.

9/3/2012 12:11 PM
Question / Answer $90M Theme

Question:  Do you have to use only teammates from the same season, or can you pick any teammate season from your player's entire career? i.e., if one of my players is 2007 Alex Rodriguez, am I limited to 2007 Yankees player seasons, or can I pick any player season that was a teammate of A-Rod (so the pool would be 94-00 Mariners, 01-03 Rangers, 04-12 Yankees)?

Answer: You can use the 94-00 Mariners, 01-03 Rangers and 04-12 Yankees
9/4/2012 9:50 AM (edited)

League Name: 8-Era Team Draft
Salary Cap:
$100 Million

Description: There will be an eight-round serpentine draft, draft order determined randomly.  Each owner will draft a single-season team from eight different eras (described below).  You must roster at least three players from each of the eight teams you drafted.  That gets you to 24 players.  The 25th player may come from any of your eight teams, but whichever team produces the 25th player, that team's ballpark must be used.  If a team you selected doesn't have a ballpark available, then you can't use that team for your 25th player.  Also, a minimum of $8 million must be spent from each team.  The DH will be in use for this theme.

Description of Eras
Cap Anson Era (1885-1897)
Honus Wagner Era (1898-1914)
Babe Ruth Era (1915-1935)
Joe DiMaggio Era (1936-1951)
Mickey Mantle Era (1952-1968)
Johnny Bench Era (1969-1983)
Dwight Gooden Era (1984-2000)
Albert Pujols Era (2001-2012)

DH: Yes 
Ballpark: Use a ballpark from the same team as your 25th player (i.e., team with 4 players)
Division Alignment: Based on draft order (Teams drafting 1 thru 4 in NL East, etc.)

9/8/2012 8:23 AM (edited)
Question / Answer $100M Theme
9/3/2012 12:15 PM

League Name: Reverse Salary Draft
Salary Cap:
$110 Million

Description: This will be a full 25-player draft.  The draft order will be determined randomly and will be serpentine.  Every player in the database is eligible to be drafted, but once a player is taken, all versions of that player are off the board.  You must announce the season and salary of the player you are using when you draft the player.  Each round, the player you draft must have a salary equal to or greater than the player you drafted in the previous round. 

EDITED
To prevent somebody from accidentally going over the cap, I will calculate the "Maximum Salary" for each team at the end of each round.  This calculation assumes a $100K increase in salary for each remaining draft pick.  During rounds 1-20, no team may draft a player that exceeds this number.  After that, some leeway will be given if you can demonstrate that you can stay under the salary cap.  (It is theoretically possible to find five players you want to take, all within 100K in salary).

Ballpark: Any ballpark

9/4/2012 3:26 PM (edited)
Question / Answer $110M Theme
9/3/2012 12:18 PM

League Name: Salary Steps
Salary Cap:
$120 Million

Description: You must draft exactly one hitter and one pitcher from each of the 10 salary slots listed below.  The remaining five players must all be under $1 million.  If all 20 of your players were at exactly the midpoint of each range (assuming $10.5M for your most expensive players), that would get you to $121 million (assuming five 200K players).  So you need to average a little less than the midpoint.

Salary Slots
1 million to 2 million
2 million to 3 million
3 million to 4 million
4 million to 5 million
5 million to 6 million
6 million to 7 million
7 million to 8 million
8 million to 9 million
9 million to 10 million
Over 10 million

Ballpark: Any park may be used.

9/3/2012 12:19 PM
Question / Answer $120M Theme
9/3/2012 12:19 PM
On the $90m theme, do you have to use only teammates from the same season, or can you pick any teammate season from your player's entire career? i.e., if one of my players is 2007 Alex Rodriguez, am I limited to 2007 Yankees player seasons, or can I pick any player season that was a teammate of A-Rod (so the pool would be 94-00 Mariners, 01-03 Rangers, 04-11 Yankees)?

Additionally, are we expected to have 2012 players available for round 2?
9/3/2012 2:05 PM
You can use 94-00 Mariners, 01-03 Rangers and 04-12 Yankees. (The new season will be available before rosters are due).
9/3/2012 4:20 PM
Cool, thought so on both accounts but wanted to check. Thanks.
9/3/2012 5:40 PM
123 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.