Lockout? We may lose another NHL season? WTF? Topic

What a freaking joke the NHL will be if we THE FANS lose another season.  I side with the players this time around.  Bettman and the owners got everything they wanted and needed to fill their wallets with the last CBA.

Fans should remind the owners that THE FANS pay the players salaries. 

Bettman needs to be fired.......This time the Owners are just plain greedy. 

The owners of the profitable teams should not revenue share with the money losing teams.  They should let those teams go bankrupt, and move forward with the profitable teams.........Then expand to real HOCKEY market areas.

Post your LOCKOUT frustration in this thread.
9/6/2012 11:04 PM
Thank God we got the NFL ..im ok with no hockey for awhile ..
9/6/2012 11:12 PM
I agree Randle........But I love hockey too.

Seahawks rookie QB, great young defence.........Kind of reminds me of the old Seahawks of the early 80"s...........9-7 for my Hawks this year, not quite good enough to catch the 49'ers, but reason for hope moving forward!!
9/6/2012 11:54 PM
Packers fan ..time to revenge last years drops by the receivers against NYG ..but i will have a eye open on the Seahawks ..I was never a Seattle fan ..but in my old age ive become soft..
9/7/2012 12:16 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No problem with Thomas ducking the season when all of the parties involved want to.
9/8/2012 11:19 PM
Lest we forget the labor leader Donald Fehr wrecked the MLB and the Expos got screwed.  There isn't any doubt the same will happen here.
9/8/2012 11:22 PM
HOKA! HOKA! HEY! HEY! GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU AMERIKAN INDIAN!  AT LEAST THE INDIAN IN MY BLOOD IS CANADIAN!
9/9/2012 8:32 AM

Worst part of all this....teams have annual charity golf tournaments and many players will not show up to these..

In Calgary it took a front page story and a huge outcry from the public to get the players to backpedel on the decision not to take part.  
REALLY??? 
These rich players care more about their own selfish interest than doing something for the community!!!!   What if the local paper hadn't put in on the front page and there had not be a big public outcry?  The players said they had no idea there would such a backlash....again REALLY?  No idea..pull your head out of your butt guys!!!

A really sad comment about modern athletes, is that it took that to make them do the right thing! 

9/12/2012 12:20 PM (edited)
Dennis Seidenberg is still coming to my league's fundraiser next week. 

Yay!

9/13/2012 9:42 PM
Time for another professional hockey league. NHL is a joke. Way back when NHL meant something to players. You think the players who paved the way would act this way... No way they fought hard to get their spots because was only six teams total. I say remove some teams that are failing finactially. Get a new commisioner who actually likes hockey and can work with the players. Lastly, if players want to act like babies then off you go to Russia or Europe. The NHL does not depend on egos. Poor players who are not stars who are trying to make living or start. Greedy
9/15/2012 3:09 AM (edited)
Call it a lock out or strike, both sides are at fault.  They are fighting over how to divide up a 3.3 billion dollar pie, man that must be tough.  I have no sympathy for either side right now.
9/15/2012 11:01 AM
12 Next ▸
Lockout? We may lose another NHL season? WTF? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.