Question for good DIA recruiters. Topic

for me DIAA easiest then DII then DIA then DIII,  DIII is only hard because the talent is so even across the board except a few true studs and to get those you have to be at a high prestige team.  I didnt typically see those type of players becuase i hate squating at the lower levels once they adjusted the rewards.
9/27/2012 10:42 PM
To me, recruiting at D1AA is the hardest because the better you are the more careful you have to be.  I could never adapt to the way you have to approach the recruiting at that level.  I understand the principle, just can't adopt it to my style.

D3 is the easiest because the quality of coach tends to be very poor (they are just learning what and how to recruit) and once you set up shop for a couple seasons you have access to better players with less competition. 

I love D2 but it is also fairly easy for the same reasons as recruiting at D3 except the quality of opposition is a little better and with the extra money there could be a few more competitions amongst the elite. 

D1A gets rid of the vision thing which means there could be competition for everything.  If you spent too much time at the lower levels avoiding battles you are going to find D1A very, very hard.  But if you have learned your craft, you'll know how to evaluate your opponents' needs and how to develop your prestige to gain advantages.

In D1AA, none of that is the case.  You might have enough success to get vision advantages over your opponents but that doesn't mean it will lead to limited competition for better recruits like D2 and D3.  In fact, the better the vision, the higher the overall ratings can be, and the more likely a D1A school is going to be interested.  That doesn't mean you can't kick *** in recruiting every year at D1AA.  But D1AA demands that you change the way you recruit to a much more patient wait-n-see sort of style than any of the other 3 divisions.
9/28/2012 10:54 AM
Posted by all2matt on 9/27/2012 10:42:00 PM (view original):
for me DIAA easiest then DII then DIA then DIII,  DIII is only hard because the talent is so even across the board except a few true studs and to get those you have to be at a high prestige team.  I didnt typically see those type of players becuase i hate squating at the lower levels once they adjusted the rewards.
I've currently got 2 teams in DIAA who have recruited 3 times so far.  Each time I've recruited, I've learned a little trick or two that has elevated my classes each season.

1st DIAA Recruiting - Bethune-Cookman, in Camp - My first season I had to go find 21 recruits with ZERO carry over money.  Had me a bit nervous, but I stuck to my plan and ended up with the #10 overall class on GDReports.com

2nd DIAA Recruiting - Tennessee- Martin, in Warner - Also my first season there, I took a few ideas from my initial class at Bethune-Cookman, tweaked it a little and ended up with the #5 overall class on GDReports.com, and had about $11,000 left over after signings.

3rd DIAA Recruiting - Bethune-Cookman, in Camp - This was my 2nd season to recruit at BC and 3rd overall at DIAA, so I started figuring things out a bit more.  Finished with the #1 overall recruiting class on GDReports.com and had around 50% of my recruiting budget still sitting there unused after signings (Around $60,000+).  Not only was this the #1 class, but it was so far above #2 that if this was a D1 school, it would have been the 32nd best class in the nation.

I think a lot of your recruiting success has to do with what fits your personal recruiting style more than anything.  I'd also throw out a hint that the way the vast majority of people tell you to approach DIAA recruiting is WAY off, in my opinion.  I'll leave it at that.

10/8/2012 3:14 PM
Posted by brocal on 10/8/2012 3:14:00 PM (view original):
I've currently got 2 teams in DIAA who have recruited 3 times so far.  Each time I've recruited, I've learned a little trick or two that has elevated my classes each season.

1st DIAA Recruiting - Bethune-Cookman, in Camp - My first season I had to go find 21 recruits with ZERO carry over money.  Had me a bit nervous, but I stuck to my plan and ended up with the #10 overall class on GDReports.com

2nd DIAA Recruiting - Tennessee- Martin, in Warner - Also my first season there, I took a few ideas from my initial class at Bethune-Cookman, tweaked it a little and ended up with the #5 overall class on GDReports.com, and had about $11,000 left over after signings.

3rd DIAA Recruiting - Bethune-Cookman, in Camp - This was my 2nd season to recruit at BC and 3rd overall at DIAA, so I started figuring things out a bit more.  Finished with the #1 overall recruiting class on GDReports.com and had around 50% of my recruiting budget still sitting there unused after signings (Around $60,000+).  Not only was this the #1 class, but it was so far above #2 that if this was a D1 school, it would have been the 32nd best class in the nation.

I think a lot of your recruiting success has to do with what fits your personal recruiting style more than anything.  I'd also throw out a hint that the way the vast majority of people tell you to approach DIAA recruiting is WAY off, in my opinion.  I'll leave it at that.

Plus you also have to remember that if you have a class that is full of Linemen, then you are not going to rate as high on GUESS ratings because the rating system rewards more towards Receivers and Running Backs.
10/8/2012 6:24 PM
Add in a kicker or punter and forgitaboutit! No high GUESS rating for you!
10/8/2012 10:27 PM
Posted by brocal on 10/8/2012 3:14:00 PM (view original):

I'm learning that recruiting is not what it used to be.  If my experience in Bryant is any indication, the worlds ex Heisman D1 are empty.  There's no competition left to fight for players.  It's boring.  Recruiting used to be the most fun part of the game for me and it's pretty crappy when it's not worth my time or effort to destroy another coaches recruiting class.
10/9/2012 12:24 AM
◂ Prev 123
Question for good DIA recruiters. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.