Teammate Twist Draft League (24 in) Topic

The Basics
-50 million
-No clones, WW, or rookies.
-Three round draft, ABB
The owner of the first pick in the draft will get the last pick in the second and third rounds. The owner of the last pick in the first round will get the first picks in the second and third rounds.
-Any season used by a drafted player must have a salary of at least five million.
-The other nine roster spots are filled with teammates of the three draft picks during seasons in which they played together. 
As an example, if you draft Micheal Jordan than you can use any season that he and Scottie Pippen played together. Scottie's 93-94 season and any other season in which he and Jordan did not play together would be ineligble.
-Drafted players are exclusive. 
To build on the last example, if you draft Michael Jordan and someone else drafts Dennis Rodman than you can't use Rodman's Bulls seasons on your Jordan team. Pippen, if undrafted, would have eligble seasons on both teams.

The Draft
-The draft will take place in the theme league forum.
-Random lottery to decide first draft order. Owners decide whether they want to be placed towards the top or the bottom of the draft order when they enter the league.
Any future league draft order would be based on finish from the ending win-lose record from the previous year with new owners being placed at the bottom. After the lottery is finished, owners will be seeded by whether they chose top or bottom and their lottery ranking.
-First round is untimed. Second and third rounds will have one hour time slots before an owner can be skipped. 
After the end of the first round, a schedule for the second and third rounds will be released. 
-Timeslots will be from 9-10 am EST to 9-10 PM EST.
The second and third round will be scheduled over four days, 12 owners a day. We can finish quicker since the next owner in line is free to pick. 
-Once a owner is skipped, other owners can continue to pick until the skipped owners next time slot.
A owner that misses their second round pick may be skipped until their third round pick. At that point, the draft will be stopped until the owner makes his two picks or a replacement owner is found.

9/9/2012 10:11 AM (edited)
IN (Top/Middle/Bottom)
1. Ginandjuice (Top)
2. Seapilots (Bottom)
3. dh555 (Top)
4. slymonium (Top)
5. felonius (Top)
6. malone9975 (Bottom)
7. jcred5 (Top)
8. coachcroft (Bottom)
9. banditone (Middle)
10. natenoy (Bottom)
11. Badja (Bottom)
12. Coolmay_one (Middle)
13. tanguma44 
14. lilsarge_t (Middle)
15. krishnaman (Top)
16. nazi_killer (Bottom)
17. grayfoxx (Top)
18. logain (Top)
19. Ashamael (Top)
20. Appleseed1 (Bottom)
21. ktrudeau (Top)
22. Jcred5 2 (Bottom)
23. eleibowitz (Top)
24. Ginandjuice 2 (Bottom)
10/15/2012 7:26 PM (edited)
------------
9/8/2012 2:05 PM
------------
9/8/2012 2:05 PM
I considered using a 50 million cap with a six million minnium salary for drafted players. I also thought about just making the second round two picks with no third round. I like the way it's set up above though. There's a lot of stratgey in both the draft and how to fill out the roster afterwards.
I want suggestions on how to do the lottery. During the draft, any one with the time to post undated draft lists would be appreciated. I work two jobs and eleven hours a day during the week but I commit to have the main board updated by 10 pm EST during week days.
That covers everything I could think of. If I can get 8-10 people to commit, I'll check to get a ad. I'm about to go out soon, but I'll update this later tonight.

9/8/2012 2:08 PM (edited)
I'm in w/ Gin
9/8/2012 2:23 PM
i like 50 a whole lot more.....im in either way though
9/8/2012 2:24 PM
Thanks guys.
I'm open to changing the cap dh. Let's see what the majority thinks. 
9/8/2012 2:37 PM
And let me know if you want to be seeded towards the top or bottom of the draft. The lottery will not take place until all owners have decided.
9/8/2012 2:38 PM
In. Top. 50 mil.
9/8/2012 5:24 PM
4 in, thanks sly. I'm bumping the cap up to 50.
9/9/2012 10:11 AM
IS THIS THE ORIGINAL GINANDJUICE? FROM BALTIMORE?

THOUGHT YE WERE DEAD, LOL!
9/9/2012 10:36 AM
The one and only. 

How bout them O's? 
9/9/2012 12:40 PM
in top
9/9/2012 2:14 PM
Posted by seapilots on 9/8/2012 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm in w/ Gin
bottom
9/9/2012 2:18 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Teammate Twist Draft League (24 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.