Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
ALTON B.PARKER

BOB DOLE

BARRY GOLDWATER

MIKE DUKAKIS

ALL UP THERE TOO
9/9/2012 11:25 AM
He's already in the White House, he's not trying to go anywhere.  At least you're coming to terms with it swamp, I applaud you.
9/9/2012 1:47 PM
Dukakis is a good addition to the list.  He's why I voted for Bush I in '88.

As to the "But Romney's winning" bit, no he's not.  He has never been in the lead.  The popular vote is irrelevant, though that too is certainly trending Obama at the moment, after no bounce for Romney from either the Ryan VP nod or his own party's convention.  At no time this year, in any poll I have seen, has Romney been forecasted to win the electoral vote.  Nate Silver's work at 538.com currently shows Obama with a 317-221 lead - and increasing.

Given that the GOP is significantly reducing ad spending in Michigan and Ohio (and early indications suggest PA as well), given that the Virginia GOP is trying desperately to keep Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode off the ballot (despite the fact that he had more than double the number of signatures needed to be on the ballot) because his presence almost guarantees the state for Obama, things are quickly going from bad to worse for Mitt.

I've rarely in my lifetime seen a major party candidate that was neither able to appeal to the base, nor sway the swing vote.  Normally a candidate does at least one or the other.  Romney does neither.  He basically has the "he's not Obama" vote, and history pretty consistently shows, that's not enough.  It's why Kerry didn't win in 2004.
9/9/2012 4:12 PM
As a Republican, I am not impressed with Romney. However, he gets my vote for the simple fact that he's not Obama. Contrarian has a point.

I really wish either side would come up with a candidate I wouldn't gag at.
9/9/2012 4:17 PM
I,REPEAT, ALTON B. PARKER
9/9/2012 6:35 PM
9/9/2012 7:18 PM
9/9/2012 8:43 PM
1|2|3...26 Next ▸
Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.