I, for one, am shocked to notice that tomfool just had a world rollover a few days before he brought this thread back up.
9/26/2012 8:32 AM
I think he dropped More Cowbell recently.   I guess it didn't merge.
9/26/2012 8:52 AM
No,  of course not.  HBD worlds may not be merged.  If they were the sky would fall.
9/26/2012 10:58 AM
Probably not.   It just wouldn't solve any problems.  

When a child cries, you can shut him up by giving him candy.   When he's done eating the candy, he may just cry again.   You didn't solve the crying problem, you just shut him up for a bit.
9/26/2012 2:20 PM
You never know until you try.
9/26/2012 2:31 PM
Do you remember the part of the thread where we told you it had been done before?
9/26/2012 2:51 PM
Do you think he paid attention?
9/26/2012 4:33 PM
I skipped a lot of the middle part of this thread.  The macho posturing and abusive language got a bit too frat housey for a person of my refinement,  good manners and grace.  So fill me in.  How many HBD worlds did WIS merge together?  How did it work out?  That is to say,  what was the feedback WIS provided regarding the success or unsuccess of said merger(s)?  Just the facts please.  If we need opinions MikeT23 will beat them into our heads.
9/26/2012 7:58 PM
I can't give you an exact number, but it was probably 10-12 worlds that were merged into 5 or 6 new worlds.  Not at the same time, but scattered over time.

Many of the merged worlds ended up having the same retention problems that their "parent" worlds had.  While some of the merged worlds may have turned out OK, it's safe to characterize merges as not being the "silver bullet" that solves an HBD supply and demand problem.
9/26/2012 10:15 PM
I don't know that it was that many, but it's worth being clear that it was always 2 worlds that were 1/2 or less full merged into one.  Also worth noting that it was voluntary, so everyone who was initially merged went into it being okay with it - it wasn't forced.

As for WIS feedback, I don't know that they ever spoke out on it.  I do remember that they were set to merge 2 worlds a while back, but the one never signed off because they didn't want to lose their history, so eventually both filled and kept going seperately.
9/26/2012 10:19 PM
Thanks,  AlCheez.  That's a nice summary.  Helpful too.  As with so many HBD issues, and percieved issues, it would not have hurt WIS to have given us feedback re the world mergers.  My theory is that WIS likes having a largeish backlog of HBD teams waiting to fill.  It provides their customers with an incentive to buy more HBD teams.
9/27/2012 4:50 AM
I know Stargell @ Monument Park was merged.    15 openings going into S2. 

That's why it's known that it doesn't work.
9/27/2012 8:20 AM
There are presently 26 HBD worlds waiting to fill (17 private,  9 public).  Some have been waiting for weeks.  Why does HBD CEO MikeT23 and his mother (HBD majority shareholder) allow such a condition to exist in their game?
10/22/2012 4:34 PM
To make grown men cry.  Thanks for making it all worthwhile.
10/22/2012 4:40 PM
Ah,  an admitted sadist.  Do you get that from your mother?
10/22/2012 4:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.