Official © 2012 Patriots Super Bowl March Topic

more directly involving the Patriots.......McCourty still sucks, but Arrington was nearly as bad last night

Spikes is a tough guy but man does he lack foot speed

how bad is the offensive line that Gronk can't go out and catch passes because he needs to help block?

I do see 11-5 as a real possible outcome this year....
9/24/2012 4:32 PM
God forbid anyone touch Brady.    He'll throw a hissy like never seen before.
9/24/2012 4:34 PM
Maybe that's why the Pats are losing. The replacement refs aren't familiar with the "Don't touch Brady, he might break" rule
9/24/2012 7:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/24/2012 11:08:00 AM (view original):

The things I notice most are A) the shoving matches.   The players don't respect the refs and, because of that, they go long after the whistle  B) the time required to review a play.  I don't know if they're reviewing more or not.  But the games seem to get delay after delay. 

After yesterday's games, I'm blaming the players and coaches in this debacle as well. You can't complain about the officiating and make yourselves out to be victims, then turn around and exploit the very problem you're complaining about.

Do you think Harbaugh pulls Hochuli or Triplett aside and says "gee, can I have my timeout back and issue a challenge instead?". Hell no. Coaches and players know the rules - unfortunately better than some of these officials - and they're stringing them along for their benefit.

Either way, I feel confident we'll have real refs back for next week.

9/24/2012 7:08 PM
UH-OH, JTPOPS SAYS NEXT WEEK?

MEANS AT LEAST 3 WEEKS
9/24/2012 7:19 PM
Posted by edsortails on 9/24/2012 4:22:00 PM (view original):
going back.....the defensive holding call on McCourty at the 6:11 mark was maybe one of the worst calls I have ever seen

the PI on Mayo I would really love to get another look at because it looked bad but they never went back and revisited the play, the PI on Edelman was laughable especially given that later in the game the refs picked up a flag on a TD because one ref called offensive PI and the other came over and said it wasn't (it wasn't--but where was that on Edelman's play, it also wasn't)

the unsportsmanlike conduct on Harbaugh seems like a joke, if he truly was seeking a timeout--I have not seen a replay of what happened before the call to know for sure, but 15 yards in that spot seems out of line

all the non calls for the after the whistle punches, head slaps, and other scrums are a factor as well.....the after the play stuff is WAY worse than ever before and when they let it go all game, it puts everything in a dangerous place
Agreed.  This looks like backyard football.  It looks amateurish.

The NFL and the refs need to hammer this crap out ASAP.  Both sides need to bend a little.

9/25/2012 9:51 AM
Posted by edsortails on 9/24/2012 4:32:00 PM (view original):
more directly involving the Patriots.......McCourty still sucks, but Arrington was nearly as bad last night

Spikes is a tough guy but man does he lack foot speed

how bad is the offensive line that Gronk can't go out and catch passes because he needs to help block?

I do see 11-5 as a real possible outcome this year....
I don't see 11-5.  They should sweep the AFC East.  Outside AFC games left
vs Denver
@ Seattle
@ STL
vs Indy
vs Houston
vs 49ers
@ Jax

That's 3 easy wins.  leaves them 10-2.  They'll have 4 "tough" games vs Denver, Seattle, Houston and 49ers.  3 are a home and Texans and 9ers, we should have Hernandez back.  Seattle will be hard because it's in Seattle.  I still think they win 3 of those 4 games.  That'd leave them at 13-3.  At the very worst, i see that Pats going 12-4 which is very good.
9/25/2012 9:58 AM
yes, those are the three I can see them losing.....at Sea, SF, and Hou

the division should be no trouble
9/25/2012 10:36 AM
9-7 TOPS!

BILLS WIN THE DIV.

JETS ONLY 2 REMAINING WINS: PATSIES+ FISH
9/25/2012 10:39 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 9/25/2012 10:39:00 AM (view original):
9-7 TOPS!

BILLS WIN THE DIV.

JETS ONLY 2 REMAINING WINS: PATSIES+ FISH
Keep dreaming snowflake.
9/25/2012 11:55 AM
Posted by edsortails on 9/25/2012 10:36:00 AM (view original):
yes, those are the three I can see them losing.....at Sea, SF, and Hou

the division should be no trouble
For some reason, i'm more worried about going to Seattle than at vs Hou and SF.
9/25/2012 11:56 AM
suddenly, I am worried about everyone.....

Gronk should have spent more of the offseason working on his game rather than living the Summer of Gronk....he is not the same player he was a year ago.....

too many balls he caught last season end up on the ground this season
9/30/2012 3:07 PM
It's early....what killed us today were the 2 fumbles. 

I like our D....but our safeties need to be faster.  Gregory  keeps getting burnt.  I would like to see the rookie teamed up with Chung.  I also think that McCourty (who played a great game yesterday....something i hope he builds off) or Arrington should be moved to safety.  The best defenses have a ball hawking safety out there.  It looks like Chung and Gregory are "hard hitting" safeties and just lack the speed to help our CB's in the zone D.

10/1/2012 10:43 AM
I think our offense should great promise.  The running attack was impressive and the O-Line is slowly improving.  Give Brady some time and he's still amazing out there.  

Once Hernandez gets back and healthy, this offense should be special.
10/1/2012 10:45 AM
Oh yeah....love watching Spikes on D.  He can lay the wood down on some guys.  Yikes!
10/1/2012 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
Official © 2012 Patriots Super Bowl March Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.