Official © 2012 Patriots Super Bowl March Topic

As a run stopper....yes

In coverage he is an albatross.....but he certainly does hit what he catches

The LBs on this team are fantastic
10/1/2012 4:09 PM
Albatross?  Jesus dude.  This isn't madden.  Not every player can be rated 99.  He proved yesterday that he is serviceable in coverage should he put into that position. 
10/1/2012 4:32 PM
if you can't recognize his limitations as a pass defender, there is no help for you......they are widely discussed by pretty much every football 'expert' around

which does not mean he has no value here...his play on Lynch in this game alone proves that point

these DBs can make any piece of garbage QB look like Peyton Manning though......Wilson sucks, but he can't be stopped early on today
10/14/2012 4:44 PM
in the end it doesn't matter because he caught it, but how was that PI on New England on that TD?

the defender never even made contact.....I honestly believe offensive PI was going to be the call, but after the ball was caught the ref swallowed his balls because he didn't want to make that call in front of that crowd

the Patriots are going to find a way to lose this game....
10/14/2012 6:57 PM
....unless the defense comes up with a huge 3 and out.....
10/14/2012 7:02 PM
....which of course, we turn around and give right back....
10/14/2012 7:06 PM
nice game...close   seachickens must be respected though....49ers Thursday...can't wait
10/14/2012 7:19 PM
THWAP
10/14/2012 7:48 PM
the Patriots had every chance in the world to put that game away and they didn't.....from the moment they called that grounding at the end of the half, it felt like one of those NFL games that slips away

Brady was not very good today (in spite of what looks like career day numbers for most QBs), and while you can never say that has nothing to do with the defense, I mostly feel like it was him just not having it....I will say that the Seahawks D does not miss its chances to get in heavy hits
10/14/2012 8:03 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/14/2012 4:44:00 PM (view original):
if you can't recognize his limitations as a pass defender, there is no help for you......they are widely discussed by pretty much every football 'expert' around

which does not mean he has no value here...his play on Lynch in this game alone proves that point

these DBs can make any piece of garbage QB look like Peyton Manning though......Wilson sucks, but he can't be stopped early on today
I think it's more the safeties than the CB's that's the bigger issue with this team.  Chung/Gregory/Wilson seem to ALWAYS be out of position.  Wilson is a rook, so that's bound to happen more often...but Gregory and Chung shouldn't be this bad.

Also, the major issue i have with the CB's is not turning their damn heads and thus causing a PI.  Just retarded.

That said, With Denard proving to be a suitable DB (that TD catch by Edwards, was a PI...just not on Denard, Braylon clearly pushed him away).  I'd love to see McCourty in the safety position.  He's a great tackler and has the speed and agility to roam out there.
10/15/2012 2:14 PM
 Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard might have turned the wrong way on Braylon Edwards’ fourth-quarter touchdown catch that drew a defensive pass interference penalty, but as former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira said on Twitter on Sunday night, that was more offensive pass interference on Edwards.
10/16/2012 1:08 PM
the Patriots are heading towards a place they haven't been in over a decade.....the pack

this is what it must be like for most of the teams in the NFL....they can be very good, but too often they frustrate

they have had chance after chance to put this game out of reach today, but they just don't....in fact, this game is following the Seattle script to the letter

....and if Mayo is a shoulder injury rather than just a stinger, this team is in deep trouble.....
10/21/2012 6:04 PM
Sanchez is a terrible, terrible QB.....but EVERY QB in the league has his seasons best day against this team

and don't even get me started on the offense and the play calling

Mayo is back on the field to start the 2nd half though....good sign
10/21/2012 6:13 PM
JETSSUCK!

TEBOW TIME!
10/21/2012 6:56 PM
1-it is amazing how little he (Tebow) plays considering how bad the offense is.....

2-the old Patriots tried to use up clock by scoring, now they run into the line twice, throw a short pass,and then punt.....it sucks to watch

3-3rd and whatever means nothing with this defense, they simply CAN'T get off the field
10/21/2012 7:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
Official © 2012 Patriots Super Bowl March Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.