Steinbrenner; Join Today, Start Tomorrow-2 Left Topic

We will be going into our 9th season in Steinbrenner and we are looking for some owners.

The following teams are available...

AL TEAMS

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

This team won the first WS and made it to the first three. It has been under new management the past few years and have been an above .500 team. The time is now and no rebuilding necessary.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

This team is probably the weakest of the available two but still has been respectable over the past few seasons. It's not a complete rebuild since they went .500 last season but it could be a good challenge to a veteran owner.

Here are the rules...

PLEASE NOTE: When you joined this league, you agreed to these rules. 

1)Minimum wins 55/121/188/260. If you fail to reach this, depending on Fair Play Committee vote, you may or may not be welcomed back the following season.

2)Never put your ML team on AI. Only exception if you are going on vacation and notify Fair Play Committee BEFORE putting your ML team on AI 

3)Once you select a city, you may NEVER leave that city. This is done to attempt to make player career histories look somewhat accurate. But this means if you join for our next season, you CAN select where you want to play but can't ever change for the duration of your time in Steinbrenner. 

4)Max Cash Received in trades is $10M. You can not at any point in the season receive more than $10M in all of your trades. If a trade becomes pending that puts you over that threshold, it will be vetoed. If for some reason it doesn't get vetoed, you will be asked to reverse the trade. If you do not reverse the trade IMMEDIATELY before players play a game, you will be subject to penalties  

5)Keep your minors in shape. We had rules in previous years to have a minimum of 12 pitchers on every minor league team at every point in the season but if you can do it without fatigue, then go ahead, have 11. In addition, make sure you have 2 catchers so if one gets hurt, you don't have a player playing out of position. And do not grossly play a player out of position, ie C playing SS. If you violate this, you will be asked to correct this. 

If interested in joining, please let me know. Thanks.

10/3/2012 11:17 AM (edited)
We will welcome new owners.
9/26/2012 5:23 PM
Yes we will...join the league that is easily my favorite of all that I've owned a team. High quality owners and attentive commissioner. 
9/27/2012 9:06 AM
Now down to 5, I feel some momentum coming soon
9/27/2012 10:56 AM
Only need 4 now...
9/27/2012 2:40 PM
4 very good teams left...
9/29/2012 4:52 PM
It's a great league. Fair competitive balance rules.
10/1/2012 10:42 AM
good league with a good commish (do i get a cookie for saying nice things about you soxfan)
10/1/2012 11:27 AM
We are the youngest league by over 6 seasons...and only need 4 openings. Let's get this done people. And only if you stopped being a Rays fan...
10/1/2012 12:28 PM
bump   GO RAYS          
10/2/2012 10:06 AM
Great league.  No drama.  
10/2/2012 3:53 PM
ONLY 3 TEAMS NEEDED NOW. COME GET IT.
10/2/2012 10:31 PM
Wait...you haven't joined Steinbrenner yet? Well get your calzones in gear and come on in! 
10/3/2012 7:35 AM
Down to 2. Join today and we will start tomorrow.
10/3/2012 10:16 AM
10/3/2012 6:32 PM
12 Next ▸
Steinbrenner; Join Today, Start Tomorrow-2 Left Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.