Hope this post isn't too old to get going but after reading it seemed like the general consensus was that if the OP's team had average IQs in the B range that his team could have really contended. So what would everyone think if you started the first season with like 45 minutes of practice and see how high you can push their knowledge then dropping it to zero the next year? 

My thought is with decent work ethics and plenty of playing time, some players would still max out at the end of their junior year and probably everyone before tournament time their senior year. 

5/2/2014 7:02 AM
bump
12/10/2014 12:28 AM
To truly do an "experiment" on this I would think you would need two teams with the same or similar ratings, coaches by the same coach, same strategy, different iq's, same opponents. Because, otherwise, unless there is a really, really large sample size, there are too.many moving parts to suss out what portion of the teams performance is due to iq.
12/10/2014 7:49 AM
Over the seasons I have conducted my own IQ test. It was somewhat different than this one. The test was at D2. I ran it on 3 teams, a motion, a flex and FB all pressing teams. I started with 20 mins in O and D. I was not happy there. I found that my 4 year guys would generally be mostly A+ with some A's in IQ BUT not be maxed out in enough categories. I fiddled around until I found would I felt to be optimum for a Press team with the different "O's". My optimum was 18 mins O and D. That allowed my
players to max at least 7 of the 8 categories and finish with A/A+ IO. Some of my other conclusions: A C+ IQ will not "hurt you". B+ is as good as you need to be good. There is virtually no difference in performance between an A and an A+ IQ.

I am not a math guy or programmer. this was just based on charting,experimentation and observation. As a 20 RL coach, I always feel player development was more important than system development because when the system breaks down the players have to get it done. Obviously I believe in maximizing player ratings over IO in this game based on my results.

If you would like to take a look at an ideal example of a team structured this way, look at my San Francisco team 
12/10/2014 2:45 PM
Maybe a little more info on the San Francisco team might be helpful to you. #1 rated at the time of this writing. The highest OVR in the conference, the fourth highest in the world. Flex IQ's A 4, A- 3, B+ 1, B 2, C 2. Press A 4, A- 3, B+ 2, B 1, B-1, C-1.
12/10/2014 2:56 PM
bump
5/5/2016 5:29 PM
wow 18 months later we get a bump
5/5/2016 6:35 PM
bump
10/5/2017 1:43 PM
bump
12/31/2017 8:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.