For those coaches that don't have a team in D3 or haven't coached there in a while below are a few teams for reference.

This is the team that won the NT this past season in Knight (and is returning 11 players).
http://whatifsports.com/hd/teamprofile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13630

This is the team that is currently ranked #1 RPI in phelan
http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14729

This is the team that is currently ranked #1 RPI in tark
http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12767
9/18/2012 5:02 PM (edited)
man, i need to get into some of those worlds...     
9/18/2012 6:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by robotdevil on 9/18/2012 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/18/2012 9:27:00 PM (view original):
Put more simply, if you don't tell me what's wrong with you I'm naturally going to assume the worst possibility.
This study is effectively over. I had assumed this would be a fun exercise for all of us and that we could enjoy learning something about HD. I am sorry to the 90% out there that seem to be truly interested in this. I had no ulterior motives but for some reason a few seem to think otherwise.

I will still conduct this study, but now it will likely be under another user name and I won't be sharing the results here. I am willing to share via sitemail to those who are truly interested.
Robot- although I still feel like we should know, that one post is no reason to not publish the expirement. I am truly interested, as many are, and if you don't want certain people or opinions expressed in the thread, you can always report the posts.

I think a) it is unfair to the multitudes of us curious about this to make it inaccessible, and b) 90% of those bugging you to know who you are (me, for example. I tend to joke around alot) very willing to just let it slide and watch the expirement. Your results will speak for themselves.

However, if you remain adamant and don't want to post on the forums, add me to your sitemail list.
9/18/2012 10:35 PM
I hope this is just an overreaction. I'd hate for this to be over so quickly. This thread is the most interesting thing I've seen outside of a coach billyg post on these forums. I'd hate for it to be ruined by one dickwad of a poster.
9/19/2012 2:50 AM
add me to the sitemail list too please. I don't give a **** who you are.
9/19/2012 4:22 AM
same here, add me to site mail. careless who ya are, but am interested
9/19/2012 7:16 AM
I guess I don't see why if all the particulars are verifiable and we can check the settings in the play by play that it should matter in the slightest who is "really running it" …
9/19/2012 8:42 AM
RoboD, it's your money, your deal. Do what you want.
For those who are more interested in the ID than the results, drop the thread, don't read it since it has no importance to you unless you know it's OR doing it and go bother someone else.
You can judge by the recruits whether the coach has a friggin clue
ID has 0% to do with it... use your own friggin brain and judge the experiment for what YOU think it's worth.
If it doesn't matter to you STFU and leave... but quit ruining a GREAT idea because you are a dipshit.
9/19/2012 11:05 AM
yes to the above two posts
9/19/2012 11:08 AM
Posted by robotdevil on 9/18/2012 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Remember now these projections will be reached much quicker than a "normal" team. So even the players recruited next season should be maxed out as well much earlier than normal. Like I said not the best class, but solid. I tried to avoid battles this time around to get a decent core going. That won't happen next season when I will be happy filling 4 out of 6 scholarships.

So that we can establish a baseline. What is the consensus on this group(talent wise)? Surely we can agree this will be a NT quality team. Maybe 2nd Rd? Or do you agree Sweet 16 is the correct assumption.

It will probably me much easier to answer that question after the next class.

I'd say NT quality.  Not sure about sweet 16.  Depends on what you can follow-up with this group next season (as you said).  

I'd be interesting in seeing your results as well, if you decide to keep at it.
9/19/2012 11:10 AM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 9/19/2012 8:42:00 AM (view original):
I guess I don't see why if all the particulars are verifiable and we can check the settings in the play by play that it should matter in the slightest who is "really running it" …
Yeah, this.  I mean, there's total transparency about the team itself.

I doubt it will take very much investigation to see if there are any shady shenanigans, anyway.  Come to think of it, dahs, why not just do that?  Play HD Detective, like I'm sure a dozen other people will, though motivations will differ.  I'm curious to see what motivation there may be to have an alias publicly, instead of telling everyone about it.

robotdevil, I support the experiment and the public airing of the result.  I hope you continue.  If not, put me on the sitemail list.

9/19/2012 11:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.